Author Topic: The Automatic logoff  (Read 1126 times)

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
The Automatic logoff
« on: August 28, 2013, 07:24:30 pm »
I know I can fix this any number of ways, but I only login for 1 hour at a shot.  But I find that I will be in the middle of a huge post, I post it, and I am logged out. 

Is there anyway to tell me my time is up, save my work, actually post my reply and then log me out?  Something to keep me from losing the incredible fountain of wisdom I just put down in 1's and 0's?

mspart

Online RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
Re: The Automatic logoff
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 10:09:36 pm »
I know I can fix this any number of ways, but I only login for 1 hour at a shot.  But I find that I will be in the middle of a huge post, I post it, and I am logged out. 

Is there anyway to tell me my time is up, save my work, actually post my reply and then log me out?  Something to keep me from losing the incredible fountain of wisdom I just put down in 1's and 0's?

mspart

Is that self imposed discipline?

I'm never logged out, free to come and go and never sign in.  If I recall there is a question at login about whether you want to remain logged in.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 01:47:23 am »
I guess so.  I don't like staying logged in to anything.  I always check out.  The default is 60 minutes here.  I just leave it at that.

mspart

Offline Brew

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 12:44:49 am »
If I am unsure of my internet connection I will highlight my post and copy it before I hit send.....that way if I am logged out or have a lapse in my internet I don't lose everything....I can log back in or just hit the "back" tab and "paste" it again....I know it isn't what you were looking for but it has worked for me...after many many lost posts that were solid gold...that second time you try to write something it is never as good....lol.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?