Poll

Duck Dynasty

Love the show
Hate the show
Havent seen it
What else is on?

Author Topic: Duck Dynasty, Friend or Foe  (Read 4935 times)

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Duck Dynasty, Friend or Foe
« on: September 05, 2013, 01:50:25 PM »
For 'em or agin' 'em?
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Duck Dynasty, Friend or Foe
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 03:22:00 PM »
Another scripted, somewhat, reality show. Do their values line up a lot with mine? YEP.
Imagine the good that could be done, if people were less worried about their differences, and more worried about doing good for everyone.

Offline fuhr

• LXP
  • Global Moderator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 05:42:31 PM »
Happily say I have not seen even 1 second of this show.  I know it's a thing.  I know they have beards.  And I've heard it's scripted right down to the beards.   
Since Jammen has told me twice to change my signature, I can only assume his wrestling knowledge is no longer something I can count on along with pizza and beer.

Offline head n arm

• World Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 06:15:41 PM »
I like it. And the way they described it was that they are given topics and scenerios for each episode. How they act out the scenerio is up to them. So it's not fully scripted but they are told what the topics will be.

I find it to be very wholesome. As bad as primetime tv has become, this is about the only show I'd let small children watch.
"I'm actually worse at picking winners in wrestling than I am MMA, and that is saying something"

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2013, 07:55:20 PM »
Happily say I have not seen even 1 second of this show.  I know it's a thing.  I know they have beards.  And I've heard it's scripted right down to the beards.

Here you go Andy. You oughta try it a few times. You'd love Uncle Si

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324463604579043180057776274.html
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline fuhr

• LXP
  • Global Moderator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2013, 08:02:05 PM »

To make myself clear.  I don't begrudge them their success.  Good on them.  Just not my cup of tea.  As reality as I get is the Masterchef show, and half of the fun is guessing what is edited where/when.  Tried some of the bar rescue, and other restaurant in crisis shows but don't do much for me.
Since Jammen has told me twice to change my signature, I can only assume his wrestling knowledge is no longer something I can count on along with pizza and beer.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2013, 09:55:05 PM »

To make myself clear.  I don't begrudge them their success.  Good on them.  Just not my cup of tea.  As reality as I get is the Masterchef show, and half of the fun is guessing what is edited where/when.  Tried some of the bar rescue, and other restaurant in crisis shows but don't do much for me.

You know I agree with you about reality shows. I never watch any of them.. but if Im channel grazing and I run across DD I always stop... and laugh my ass off.  Its more of a sit com than a reality show if you ask me.

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2013, 11:35:08 PM »
The patriarch of the show started ahead of Terry Bradshaw in college and could have gone pro. He decided he liked hunting better and started the Buck Commander/Duck Commander company and now the rest is history.
Imagine the good that could be done, if people were less worried about their differences, and more worried about doing good for everyone.

Offline royboy

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
  • you gotta be tough if your gonna be stupid
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2013, 12:13:27 AM »
I hate reality tv.
"Really? Well please tell your father-in-law that he is a freaking idiot."

Offline Ray Brinzer

• Ipse Dixit
  • Administrator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://ray.brinzer.net/
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2013, 12:34:20 AM »

Offline SVV

• Get a Job
    • View Profile

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2013, 07:49:39 AM »
I'm tolerant of TV......barely.

Never seen the show.  I never watch "shows".
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 07:50:42 AM by ctc »
"We can state with conviction, therefore, that a man's support for absolute government is in direct proportion to the contempt he feels for his country" - Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Intensity guru

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • MEMENTO MORI
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2013, 11:37:50 AM »
My kids like it. It's just meh.
I always bring my hips to the party.

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2013, 01:56:52 PM »
it makes me laugh.  and the new show "modern dads" after it makes me laugh as well.

they had a successful business before the show and now it's even bigger. 
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theowf.net
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2013, 01:13:01 AM »
If people want a good reality show to watch, I can record everything out family does. It's far more interesting than any crap currently on TV. Except Walking Dead.
"Really? Well please tell your father-in-law that he is a freaking idiot."