Author Topic: This isn't good  (Read 4216 times)

Offline spider

• OW
    • View Profile
Re: This isn't good
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2013, 10:01:24 pm »
I would advise staying away from thewrestlingtalk until this malware issue gets settled.

Will someone let us know when it's safe to return?
If you throw away sheet music, does it decompose?

Offline Brew

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2013, 10:25:35 pm »
Hey spider I check the twt from my phone and they are back up and running....apparently Jensen's account was compromised (hacked) and a lot of malware and other viruses were introduced....they tried moving the site to another host that was more secure but that host wouldn't let them move until they lined out their security.  There is a new thread with a lot of the regulars over there trying to form a plan with the I.T. guys that are trying to maintain Jacobs internet empire......check it out if you get the chance.

I hope I didn't massacre the details I provided....lots have been discussed there recently.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Offline herbp

• World Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2013, 02:33:35 am »
Brew,
 I just went to the site and my AVAST software started dinging like I was in Vegas ! THREAT DETECTED ! So i got out of there quickly.At least the site is up but issues remain .
You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.
N.Gaimann

Offline spider

• OW
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2013, 08:08:34 am »
Thanks, guys, but I'm still wondering (to quote a line from Marathon Man) is it safe? I'll give it a little more time and then give it a try.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2013, 02:08:03 pm »
I would advise staying away from thewrestlingtalk until this malware issue gets settled.

Will someone let us know when it's safe to return?

No need... you're here now.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline spider

• OW
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2013, 02:13:58 pm »
Yes, and I like it here, but TWT rescued me and many others back when theMat.com started chewing us up and spitting us out. No reason why I can't have two homes.

Offline Hardcore

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2013, 10:55:04 pm »
You are a welcome addition to this site. Hope that you continue to post here even after TWT is back up and safe.

Any chance of persuading Brother Morris to stop by here on occasion? A great guy with many good wrestling stories.

Offline spider

• OW
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2013, 05:05:35 am »
You are a welcome addition to this site. Hope that you continue to post here even after TWT is back up and safe.

Any chance of persuading Brother Morris to stop by here on occasion? A great guy with many good wrestling stories.

Thanks, Jeff. I've been away for a few days on vacation, but yes, I plan to divide my time beteween the two sites.

Offline herbp

• World Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2013, 10:49:36 pm »

Jeff,
 I am worried about my BIA MOJO ! I emailed him a few weeks ago and he never replied ! He was having some health issues earlier this year.
You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.
N.Gaimann

Offline Hardcore

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2013, 12:17:01 am »
He is a good man Herb. If you get any update on his condition please post it here.

Online ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2014, 08:45:32 am »
Hear anything on Brother Morris?  I always enjoyed reading his posts.
Several are on "ignore".   I won't argue with the ignorant and disrespectful..
 "People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive" ~ Blaise Pascal