Poll

Who will you be rooting for?

Hendricks
GSP

Author Topic: Hendricks vs GSP Who will you root for?  (Read 5335 times)

Offline fuhr

• LXP
  • Global Moderator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Hendricks vs GSP Who will you root for?
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2013, 07:43:25 PM »
Hendricks. Someone has to stop Greg Jackson!

Sarcasm or are you a Dana White puppet?
Since Jammen has told me twice to change my signature, I can only assume his wrestling knowledge is no longer something I can count on along with pizza and beer.

Offline ocianain

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2013, 08:27:47 PM »
Point fighting is boring to me. It's OK if you like it. I just don't. I would argue the problem with internation wrestling is it's dominated by a Greg Jackson perspective. But hey, what do I know; I bought Hopkins v Tarver.
The Seeking For One Thing Will Find Another - Irish Proverb

Offline fuhr

• LXP
  • Global Moderator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2013, 08:53:09 PM »
Point fighting is boring to me. It's OK if you like it. I just don't. I would argue the problem with internation wrestling is it's dominated by a Greg Jackson perspective. But hey, what do I know; I bought Hopkins v Tarver.

No, my point was it's not Greg Jackson you have issue with.  1. Go look up Jackson MMA fighters  who consistently finish fights or get in all out battles. Jon Jones, Carlos Condit, Cub Swanson, Donald Cerrone, Tim Kennedy, Travis Browne, and John Dodson all come to mind. Hell Leonard Garcia closes his eyes and swings when he fights and he trains daily at Jackson MMA.  2. GSP doesn't train with Jackson, he trains in Montreal with Firas Zahabi at Tristar.  Jackson comes in more more than the week of a fight and corners him.   

If you don't like point fighting that fine, then say you don't like GSP's style but this ragging on Greg Jackson is dumb and simply parroting Dana White.
Since Jammen has told me twice to change my signature, I can only assume his wrestling knowledge is no longer something I can count on along with pizza and beer.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2013, 11:32:17 AM »
I thought that there would be more lingering Hendricks vs Churella resentments. I'm glad I was wrong.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2013, 01:36:53 PM »
never had a problem there, all I remember is Perry beating him in Detroit LIVE word
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2013, 01:57:46 PM »
never had a problem there, all I remember is Perry beating him in Detroit LIVE word

The ONLY time he ever won.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline fuhr

• LXP
  • Global Moderator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2013, 02:15:46 PM »

When it counted the most.

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2013, 02:30:46 PM »

When it counted the most.
I was there for that win and also there at National Duals where Hendricks pinned him and Perry threw away all his gear (had passes to be down on the floor).  if you're only gonna win one match against a guy I think I'd want it to be the finals
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline tpay

• LXP
  • National Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2013, 12:02:53 AM »
I'm leaning towards Hendricks but GSP has great takedown defense.
If GSP pulls out a win it will be a decision, If Hendricks pulls out a win it will be by submission.
I really don't think either fellow wins by KO.

Offline head n arm

• World Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2013, 12:28:42 AM »
Hendricks. Because GSP is boring. He seldom finishes anymore. Doesn't even look like he tries to finish.

With that said, I wouldn't bet against GSP.
"I'm actually worse at picking winners in wrestling than I am MMA, and that is saying something"

Offline a guest

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2013, 07:52:57 AM »
Went to the mall yesterday and saw a poster of this fight at the movie theater. They are showing it at the movies live.  Throwback to the close circuit fights back in the 70's.

Pretty cool.

I'm going to catch the fights at a Wings place walking distance from our house.

Offline OkieSpladle

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2013, 08:33:38 AM »

I said a bad word you!

And go Hendricks!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 06:33:37 PM by fuhr »