Which phone should I get?

iPhone 5s
4 (30.8%)
Samsung galaxy note 3
1 (7.7%)
Samsung galaxy S4
8 (61.5%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: Cel Phone  (Read 3394 times)

Offline Intensity guru

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • MEMENTO MORI
    • View Profile
Cel Phone
« on: November 22, 2013, 03:24:39 AM »
Please give pros/cons, details and your experience with the phone if you can. I'm leaning toward the note 3 but I'm a little concerned with spotty wifi connectivity rumors.
I always bring my hips to the party.

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Cel Phone
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 10:07:58 AM »
I am a fan of the android platform because of the openness of the apps. I havent used a note but I have had two straight galaxys that I have loved. I plan on buying another. My wife has the newer Iphone. It is fairly often that she takes my phone to do things. My problem with the apple platform is that its all about money. The accessories generally change with each new version. So if you have stuff you like and then get the new phone, BOOM be prepared to shell out another $100s to buy them all over again
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline Hardcore

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 01:31:36 PM »
I broke down and got my first smart phone back in June. All it does is make me feel stupic. It's a Galaxy s4 and it does everything but give me a happy ending. My only real complaint is that it is a huge phone to carry around when working. I tried the belt clip but kept snagging it on stuff when I climb around building. Dropped it a few times. Now it resides in my coat pocket but I do not hear it ring half the time. That is a good thing IMO.

Offline Cougar1

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, 02:00:16 PM »
I broke down and got my first smart phone back in June. All it does is make me feel stupic. It's a Galaxy s4 and it does everything but give me a happy ending. My only real complaint is that it is a huge phone to carry around when working. I tried the belt clip but kept snagging it on stuff when I climb around building. Dropped it a few times. Now it resides in my coat pocket but I do not hear it ring half the time. That is a good thing IMO.

Open it up, swallow the blue pill and enjoy.  :)
“Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.”

― G.K. Chesterton

Offline DiMaria

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • Sardinia Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2013, 06:20:31 PM »
Haha........Giggity
"Find something you love to do and you'll never have to work a day in your life."

-Confucius

Offline Cougar1

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2013, 07:45:22 PM »
Haha........Giggity

You have Giggity on the brain.  :D
“Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.”

― G.K. Chesterton

Offline Jointdoc55

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
  • Loyalty, integrity & strength through brotherhood
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2013, 09:37:23 PM »
I voted for iPhone 5s only because I know about that one. I have no idea about the others, so you can kiss my vote goodbye.

Offline DiMaria

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • Sardinia Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2013, 01:34:58 AM »
"Find something you love to do and you'll never have to work a day in your life."

-Confucius

Offline n9531l

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • Hate nothin' but hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2013, 01:54:28 AM »
Mine's a Samsung that doesn't seem to have a model number but it works OK. When someone calls me it rings, and when I call someone the call usually goes through. It even has a camera.
Orthography is next to cleanliness, which is next to godliness. - n9531l

Offline Intensity guru

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • MEMENTO MORI
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2013, 04:20:42 AM »
Mine's a Samsung that doesn't seem to have a model number but it works OK. When someone calls me it rings, and when I call someone the call usually goes through. It even has a camera.
Does it receive telegraph code from back east so you can stay up on who's winning the civil war?
I always bring my hips to the party.

Offline MetsFan

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • AKA "everybody"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2013, 11:01:45 AM »
I was considering the same the phones. Went with the S4. Like Bryce, I like the open platform of android & that all the conscious for headphones, chargers, etc, are standard. The Note 3, while cool, just seemed too big for a carry around & use all the time phone. Don't think I would want to go any bigger than the S4 & it does most of what the Note does anyway.
There's always Bulgaria.

Offline MetsFan

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • AKA "everybody"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2013, 11:04:02 AM »
That should say CONNECTIONS not conscious LOL.

There are also some good deals going on for the S4 right now.
There's always Bulgaria.

Offline DiMaria

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • Sardinia Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2013, 03:57:42 AM »
Does it receive telegraph code from back east so you can stay up on who's winning the civil war?

Lol
* Hold me back Bobby, Hold me back! I'm going to get crazy on this nigga!

-Confucius

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2013, 01:54:31 PM »

N,

We probably have the same cell phone.  Now there is some funny guy that just made fun of you for having a cell phone dating to the civil war.  Joke's on him.  You didn't have a cell phone during the civil war!!  Your momma said you were too young for that sort of thing.

mspart