Author Topic: Lindenwood Open  (Read 5330 times)

Offline AFHawk86

• National Champ
    • View Profile
Re: Lindenwood Open
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2013, 08:00:56 PM »
I heard he's the #1 ranked in D2
virtus tentamine gaudet - strength rejoices in the challenge

Offline wrestej

• Section Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2013, 08:30:45 PM »
The question is, what does Willie Miklus do now?  Cox MIGHT bump up ( he was up to 230 before being told to cut down to 197), but what if he doesn't?  Miklus could be starting at a lot of schools. Will he bump to HWT?

Wow, I've seen Cox quite a bit and would have never guessed he was 230 ever.  Matter of fact I would have never guessed him to ever be over 210 and that is a stretch.  If I were J'Den I would stay at 197.  Actually by the way he looks could even go to 184.  As for Miklus, he is going to have to find a different weight.  Miklus looked to be bigger than J'Den to me, maybe he should go heavy.

I was more impressed with LaVallee than England.  Can't remember England even being close to a takedown of any sort against Perry.

I agree with you on Houdashelt.  I have watched him wrestle since he was little and he has jumped his game to another level.  He absolutely broke Kindig and I think Kindig will AA this year. 

Offline Cougar1

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2013, 09:22:01 PM »
I heard he's the #1 ranked in D2

I think he lost in the finals last year. pretty impressive tournament performance.
“Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.”

― G.K. Chesterton

Offline Hardcore

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2013, 09:28:12 PM »
War Mikey. Damned fine showing.

Offline tigerfan

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2013, 11:38:31 PM »
The question is, what does Willie Miklus do now?  Cox MIGHT bump up ( he was up to 230 before being told to cut down to 197), but what if he doesn't?  Miklus could be starting at a lot of schools. Will he bump to HWT?

Wow, I've seen Cox quite a bit and would have never guessed he was 230 ever.  Matter of fact I would have never guessed him to ever be over 210 and that is a stretch.  If I were J'Den I would stay at 197.  Actually by the way he looks could even go to 184.  As for Miklus, he is going to have to find a different weight.  Miklus looked to be bigger than J'Den to me, maybe he should go heavy.

I was more impressed with LaVallee than England.  Can't remember England even being close to a takedown of any sort against Perry.

I agree with you on Houdashelt.  I have watched him wrestle since he was little and he has jumped his game to another level.  He absolutely broke Kindig and I think Kindig will AA this year.
Well I guess getting a job at a carnival guessing people's weights is not in your future. That info comes from Cox himself. Apparently the policy is that you must remain within 6 lbs of your weight or extra workout time is required, but they made an exception for J'Den and let him hover around 207 now.

No reason Bradley shouldn't AA this year and I honestly think Lavallee will be better right out of the gate next year. What about Mayes?  Dude is freakshow strong, and competes like he's out to prove something. Did you see when he was in on a single at the edge and Collica had a deep whizzer sunk, but Mayes with one arm around Collica's thigh, just lifted him almost off his feet and drug him back in bounds?  Unreal.
Because they stand on a wall.  And they say nothin\'s gonna hurt you tonight....not on my watch.

Offline wrestej

• Section Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2013, 01:32:30 PM »
Mayes was impressive.  I think  141 should be his.

Can't wait til the Scuffle, I think there will be some guys that get on every bodies radar.

Offline Brew

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2013, 01:47:04 PM »
This was posted on another board...

Dallas Smith wrestles for Ouachita Baptist University. Ouachita is currently the only NCAA sanctioned university in Arkansas to sponsor a wrestling program.

The NCAA Division II Wrestling Coaches Association has Junior Dallas Smith ranked first at 184 pounds.

Smith, finished as the national runner-up in the 184 lbs. division at the NCAA Division II national championships and recorded his second All-American performance as a sophomore.

On November 16, 2013: 184- Dallas Smith (OBU) decisioned Wesley Moore, (Arizona State) 6-2 184 - Nikko Reyes (Illinois) decisioned Dallas Smith (OBU) 9-8

On November 23, 2013 (Joe Parisi Open): 184- Dallas Smith (OBU) decisioned Kyle Crutchmer (Unat. Oklahoma State University) 6-2 184- Dallas Smith (OBU) defeated Nick Burghardt (Maryville University) Fall 4:06 184- Dallas Smith (OBU) decisioned Nolan Boyd (Unat. Oklahoma State University) 5-4 184- Dallas Smith (OBU) decisioned Sam Brooks (University of Iowa) 2-1

Dallas Smith was a one time high school state champion for Neosho Missouri in 2011 (3X State Medalist). As a senior, Smith went into the Missouri State High School tournament with a record of 46-2, including a major decision over Cody Johnston of Warrensburg, who had signed to wrestle at the University of Missouri. In his finals match Smith again faced Johnston, who went into the Missouri State High School tournament with a record of 47-1. Johnston had pinned all his previous opponents in the tournament. "The two wrestlers battled hard in a scoreless first period. Johnston nearly recorded a takedown late in the period, but Smith scrambled out of the hold. Smith scored an escape point early in the second period, and later followed that up with a takedown with two seconds remaining in the frame. In the third period, Smith sealed the win with a two-point near fall and decisioned Johnson 5-0 for the state championship".

In the 2010 Preseason Nationals 189lbs final, Dallas Smith (Neosho high school) won by major decision over Ryan Beltz (Saint Clair) Maj 11-1

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Offline Cougar1

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2013, 09:16:55 PM »
“Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.”

― G.K. Chesterton