Author Topic: sig bet sticky?  (Read 10704 times)

Offline jammen

• National Team
    • View Profile
sig bet sticky?
« on: December 16, 2013, 12:18:50 pm »
I thought there used to be one?  So that I don't forget mine;

1) Fuhr has Howe (one month) vs the field (2 months) at Natl's

2) Husker_Du has AA vs ND at the MN-PSU dual

3) still trying to reel in Vais  who would have pick of Gulibon/Conaway/Grey vs Thorn at Natl's
Hope springs eternal.

Offline jammen

• National Team
    • View Profile
Re: sig bet sticky?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 01:47:36 pm »
Quick update:

Willie is hoping for a no contest and that Andrew Alton isn't in the lineup at the MN/PSU dual.
Fuhr is probably feeling pretty good with Howe.
Vais still waiting for a better offer.  Maybe I need to throw in Beckman.
Hope springs eternal.

Offline jammen

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 07:03:07 pm »
Willie got his no contest as AA dropped to 3rd on the depth chart and didn't wrestle.

Vais is nowhere to be found.  Think he has become a secret Thorn fan.

May have to not enforce the Fuhr sigbet when I win it as he doesn't even remember making it.  Of course, this could be sneaky Iowan ploy he came up with after Perry beat Howe.
Hope springs eternal.

Offline n9531l

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
  • Hate nothin' but hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 12:21:31 am »
Hey Vise, let's do a 1-month sig bet for this. I get Perry over Howe, you get Caldwell over Taylor. If Howe beats Perry and Caldwell beats Taylor, you win the bet. If Perry beats Howe and Taylor beats Caldwell, I win the bet. In all other cases, no bet. How's that sound?
I was being a bit facetious about you being better off hoping for Caldwell over Taylor, but I stepped in it so I'll step up to the plate and accept your challenge.  Its a sucker bet but I only have myself to blame.  :(

Orthography is next to cleanliness, which is next to godliness. - n9531l

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 04:42:15 pm »
brycemus has Sulzer
Visegrip has   Caldwell

head to head in Semis*

Loser eats it for a month on the sig line

* if they don't meet there then it's a push
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2014, 01:23:47 am »
brycemus has Sulzer
Visegrip has   Caldwell

head to head in Semis*

Loser eats it for a month on the sig line

* if they don't meet there then it's a push

I'll have to think about this one. Im taking recommendations btw for those so inclined.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2014, 12:16:10 am »
Hey Vise, let's do a 1-month sig bet for this. I get Perry over Howe, you get Caldwell over Taylor. If Howe beats Perry and Caldwell beats Taylor, you win the bet. If Perry beats Howe and Taylor beats Caldwell, I win the bet. In all other cases, no bet. How's that sound?
I was being a bit facetious about you being better off hoping for Caldwell over Taylor, but I stepped in it so I'll step up to the plate and accept your challenge.  Its a sucker bet but I only have myself to blame.  :(

Agony... pure agony...You DONT deserve it after Perry gets flattened like he did in the semis..... but a bet is a bet and Im an honorable man. Lay it on me... but at least be creative.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline n9531l

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2014, 12:36:42 pm »
Vise, my first idea was "Perry skunks Howe in NCAA Finals. Karma prevails again." But I decided that might be too uncomfortable for you and I should go easy. So your new sig line for the next month will be:

Let's hear it for OU, the second-best Division I school in Oklahoma.

Offline Cougar1

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2014, 01:05:28 pm »
Vise, my first idea was "Perry skunks Howe in NCAA Finals. Karma prevails again." But I decided that might be too uncomfortable for you and I should go easy. So your new sig line for the next month will be:

Some peoples kids. They never learn. LOL!!
“Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.”

― G.K. Chesterton

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2014, 02:24:55 pm »

N95... this is of course your call and I will post what ever is within the bounds of webste rules. But in all honesty, me merely repeating that OSU is the better wrestling school is kinda... dull.

The irony dripping off that first one, especially after Perry getting stuck in the semis, is palpable. As I said, its your call, but dont change your mind because you think my skin may be thin. After watching Bedlam wrestling virtually all my life I can tell you my skin is thicker than tanned rhino leather. Furthermore my sympathy toward Mr Howe has evaporated.

As I said earlier let's be creative..... That Karma thing was creative, stating the obvious is not. So unless and until I receive instructions directing me otherwise Im going to go with your original thought.

Offline Jointdoc55

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
  • Loyalty, integrity & strength through brotherhood
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2014, 03:10:00 pm »

Glad you qualified it as "Division 1 School". If you said second-best "school", I'd argue that Moore High school is pretty good. ;)

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2014, 06:43:07 pm »

Glad you qualified it as "Division 1 School". If you said second-best "school", I'd argue that Moore High school is pretty good. ;)

Oh thats it... kick your old school when its down.  >:(

Offline n9531l

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2014, 07:46:24 pm »
As I said earlier let's be creative..... That Karma thing was creative, stating the obvious is not. So unless and until I receive instructions directing me otherwise Im going to go with your original thought.

Actually, it was second best school, not limited to wrestling. But I'll let you go with your choice.

Offline Jointdoc55

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
  • Loyalty, integrity & strength through brotherhood
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2014, 08:13:04 pm »

The comment was made in jest. I was rooting for OU. The past few years has been tough, but I believe they are on the rise.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2014, 09:00:06 pm »

The comment was made in jest. I was rooting for OU. The past few years has been tough, but I believe they are on the rise.

LOL.. i knew you were doc... that was just more faux outrage  ;D