Author Topic: Bill Nye Fights the Good Fight Out of Patriotic Duty  (Read 3824 times)

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
  • Tolerate everthing but Intolerance
    • View Profile
Bill Nye Fights the Good Fight Out of Patriotic Duty
« on: January 03, 2014, 01:14:10 am »
Go get em Bill!

http://www.motherjones.com/media/2014/01/bill-nye-interview-asteroids-climate-science-politics

In recent years, Nye has undergone something of a career and image renaissance. He is the CEO of the Planetary Society, the world's largest nongovernmental space interest group. He has a YouTube series with NASA. He was on Dancing with the Stars this year, his highest profile foray into dance since he finished fourth at a Cornell talent show where he did a jitterbug routine choreographed to "Runaround Sue." He organized the "Save Our Science" campaign, which has pushed Congress and the White House to provide at least $1.5 billion annually for planetary science and exploration.

"He's been instrumental in helping advance some of the president's key initiatives to make sure we can out-educate, out-innovate, and out-compete the world," an Obama administration official tells me. "The president lights up when he sees Bill," another official says. (That's not to say Nye is never at odds with the president; in early December, he issued an open letter on YouTube to Obama asking him ensure more funding for planetary exploration—something that has endured some rough budgetary hits during the Obama years.)

But of his new endeavors, he's likely best known for his politically tinged, no-bullshit talk about science education in America. Over the past few years, he's gained wide attention on social media, the lecture circuit, and television (he's appeared on CNN's Piers Morgan Live and HBO’s Real Time with Bill Maher, among others) for countering creationist drivel, conservative politicians' claims, and climate change denial.

"I fight this fight out of patriotism," Nye says.

"We have a problem," he continues. "We can't have economic growth without basic investment in science and research. And we can't have irresponsible school board members in Texas teaching that the earth is 10,000 years old. We can't have us embracing scientific illiteracy."
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark;  the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Bigotry disguised as religious liberty is still BIGOTRY

Online ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Bill Nye Fights the Good Fight Out of Patriotic Duty
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 09:24:39 am »
The bozo doesn't know the difference from operational science and historical or origins science.  Everyone embraces operational science.  Nothing useful has EVER come out of historical science - NOTHING.  He needs to invest his energy in something actually useful.
Several are on "ignore".   I won't argue with the ignorant and disrespectful..
 "People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive" ~ Blaise Pascal

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 09:39:31 am »
The bozo doesn't know the difference from operational science and historical or origins science.  Everyone embraces operational science.  Nothing useful has EVER come out of historical science - NOTHING.  He needs to invest his energy in something actually useful.

WOOOOO HOOOOO The bozo responded to one of my post and called someone vastly more knowledgeable and intelligent that he could ever be a bozo.  The vaccines that have saved hundreds of millions of live came out of the science of evolution.  But the crazy texas coach does not consider that important.  Imagine that, he wishes hundreds of millions of people had died before their time.  Everyone embraces science, a few people make a false line between something that only creationist, the dishonest people that they are, recognize.  There is no difference science is science and you must understand it or not.  Creationist do not.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark;  the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Offline LILHOWDOG

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 01:16:50 pm »
Bill Nye is smarter than Kirk Cameron?

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2014, 10:18:18 pm »
Bill Nye is smarter than Kirk Cameron?

Who woulda thunk it? ::)

Online ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2014, 09:09:46 am »

WOOOOO HOOOOO The bozo responded to one of my post and called someone vastly more knowledgeable and intelligent that he could ever be a bozo.  The vaccines that have saved hundreds of millions of live came out of the science of evolution. But the crazy texas coach does not consider that important.  Imagine that, he wishes hundreds of millions of people had died before their time.  Everyone embraces science, a few people make a false line between something that only creationist, the dishonest people that they are, recognize.  There is no difference science is science and you must understand it or not.  Creationist do not.
Still as dumb as dirt, I see.  Your claim is totally bogus.....period.
 "People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive" ~ Blaise Pascal

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2014, 09:37:11 am »

WOOOOO HOOOOO The bozo responded to one of my post and called someone vastly more knowledgeable and intelligent that he could ever be a bozo.  The vaccines that have saved hundreds of millions of live came out of the science of evolution. But the crazy texas coach does not consider that important.  Imagine that, he wishes hundreds of millions of people had died before their time.  Everyone embraces science, a few people make a false line between something that only creationist, the dishonest people that they are, recognize.  There is no difference science is science and you must understand it or not.  Creationist do not.
Still as dumb as dirt, I see.  Your claim is totally bogus.....period.

Look who is talking the fool who actually believes the Universe is less than 10,000 years old.  And you have the gall to call anyone else dumb.  What a tard you are. 

BTW here is a link explaining many of the benefits reaped by society from evolutionary biology.

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/search/topicbrowse2.php?topic_id=47

Online ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2014, 11:01:45 am »
Hey brain child, nothing from your link is based on evolution.  All of it is contingent upon loss on genetic information.  FYI, Darwinian evolution is the systematic INCREASING of genetic information.  All creationists know and understand the loss of information.  This is simply a study in genetics and NOT origins science.   You lose, again.

Good day.

BTW, I rarely read any of your posts.  Your reference to Bill Nye drew my attention.  I wanted to see what the mis-informed clown was doing next to waste his time and knowledge in science.  He should actually focus it in operational science and do something good for a change.

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2014, 08:39:01 pm »
Hey brain child, nothing from your link is based on evolution.  All of it is contingent upon loss on genetic information.  FYI, Darwinian evolution is the systematic INCREASING of genetic information.  All creationists know and understand the loss of information.  This is simply a study in genetics and NOT origins science.   You lose, again.

Good day.

BTW, I rarely read any of your posts.  Your reference to Bill Nye drew my attention.  I wanted to see what the mis-informed clown was doing next to waste his time and knowledge in science.  He should actually focus it in operational science and do something good for a change.

All are things learned due to evolutionary biology.  In the absence of the lessons learned, they never would have been developed.  You are just to dishonest to admit the truth.

Online ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2014, 07:34:59 am »

Good day.

All are things learned due to evolutionary biology.  In the absence of the lessons learned, they never would have been developed.  You are just to dishonest to admit the truth.
Fixed it for you.  You are welcome.

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2014, 08:18:04 am »

Good day.

Fixed it for you.  You are welcome.

There fixed it so you did not look so stupid.  Even bolded the most important part which I know you being eminently intelligent agree with.

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2014, 08:21:31 am »
No seriously ctc, you are welcome.  I would not want people to get the wrong idea, for instance like you were some ignoramus who was actually insane enough to believe the Earth was less than 10000 years old. 

Offline LILHOWDOG

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2014, 01:31:24 pm »
All science is observational. More claptrap, just like the discredited 'reduction', 'speciation' and 'intermediate species' fallacies.

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2014, 03:06:58 pm »
Look who is talking the fool who actually believes the Universe is less than 10,000 years old.  And you have the gall to call anyone else dumb.  What a tard you are. 

BTW here is a link explaining many of the benefits reaped by society from evolutionary biology.

I'm not getting into this debate, but I do find this particular description to be especially distasteful. As much as the "N' word is disrespectful, I believe this one is just as much. I would ask that you please not use it. I have friends and family that have developmentally challenged children, so this is a hot button item for me. Thank you.
If you want respect, be respectful.

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2014, 06:33:51 pm »

I'm not getting into this debate, but I do find this particular description to be especially distasteful. As much as the "N' word is disrespectful, I believe this one is just as much. I would ask that you please not use it. I have friends and family that have developmentally challenged children, so this is a hot button item for me. Thank you.

That is why I DID not use the R word AKIN.