Author Topic: Why is there no edit option?  (Read 1564 times)

Offline Rain

• Section Champ
    • View Profile
Why is there no edit option?
« on: January 04, 2014, 10:36:54 am »
Just asking. 

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Why is there no edit option?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 03:55:29 pm »
it was abused by someone who will remain nameless, but tends to be one of the more caustic people on here.  and he ruined it for everyone
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
  • Tolerate everthing but Intolerance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 04:34:28 am »
it was abused by someone who will remain nameless, but tends to be one of the more caustic people on here.  and he ruined it for everyone

Not true.  The edit function remained for nearly a year and a half after the supposed incident which was a misinterpretation of the intentions of said poster.   It remained functional albeit for only about an hour or two after you posted until about a month or so ago at which time it disappeared.  During that hour or two people could correct English and typo errors that occurred until just very recently when even that short time for editing disappeared mysteriously and without explanation.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark;  the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Bigotry disguised as religious liberty is still BIGOTRY

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
  • Tolerate everthing but Intolerance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 05:59:37 am »
Yep it disappeared around the end of November. 

Here is the link to the thread that Ryou started when it disappeared.  Note the date.

http://forum.theopenmat.com/index.php/topic,29542.0.html
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark;  the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Bigotry disguised as religious liberty is still BIGOTRY

Offline Ray Brinzer

• Ipse Dixit
  • Administrator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://ray.brinzer.net/
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 09:26:56 am »
During that hour or two people could correct English and typo errors that occurred until just very recently when even that short time for editing disappeared mysteriously and without explanation.

There was an explanation.  It broke during an upgrade.  I'm not happy about it, and it'll get fixed.

Offline MetsFan

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • AKA "everybody"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 09:37:18 am »
I don't see the big deal.  I hate when I realize after the fact that I had a typo or something in a post or that I could've explained something better, but, really, who cares?  You said (typed) what you said (typed).  You wanna correct or add to something?  Just quote yourself and add to it/reference your correction.
There's always Bulgaria.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2014, 03:36:31 pm »
Are we not allowed to delete anymore?
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2014, 03:39:28 pm »
Nevermind
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2014, 06:11:39 pm »
Should have deleted the first one there Vise!!!    ;D

mspart