Author Topic: Vegas Finals on Soon  (Read 2459 times)

Offline The Du

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theopenmat.com
Vegas Finals on Soon
« on: May 11, 2009, 07:40:51 PM »
ESPN2 at 8 EASTERN

MAY 11TH
...talking to myself cause im the only one worth consulting...

Offline BOG

• Conference Champ
    • View Profile
Re: Vegas Finals on Soon
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 07:48:32 PM »
THANKS
\'just when I thought I was out, THEY PULL ME BACK IN\' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACIS1inmjFc

Offline Jimmy the Gent

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 08:14:17 PM »
god freestyle wrestling sucks.  at least the rules are dumb.  just watched the simmons match.  how anti climatic is freestyle?  3 separate matches in one match?  what is the point of having best-of-three periods?  How stupid can you get.  Terrible for the viewer.

I don't even think I am going to watch the rest.
"Jimmy, I understand your point and technically your logic is sound."  --Viratas

Offline Jimmy the Gent

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 08:25:45 PM »
it is very, very difficult to listen to Cejudo, Rulon and the guy in the middle.  I am going to have to hit the mute button if I am to endure more of this wrestling.  The Zadick match was an improvement, but these guys talking is pure embarrassment.  I can only describe it as inane banter.
"Jimmy, I understand your point and technically your logic is sound."  --Viratas

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theowf.net
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2009, 08:52:54 PM »
Quote from: "Jimmy the Gent"
it is very, very difficult to listen to Cejudo, Rulon and the guy in the middle.  I am going to have to hit the mute button if I am to endure more of this wrestling.  The Zadick match was an improvement, but these guys talking is pure embarrassment.  I can only describe it as inane banter.

Its a step up from Blatnick getting everyones names wrong. They need Chertow announcing these events.
"Really? Well please tell your father-in-law that he is a freaking idiot."

Offline Jimmy the Gent

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, 08:57:20 PM »
they draw marbles out of a bag to see wins for a tie?  WTF?  basically flipping a coin to see who gets a single up in the air?

That is worse than NFL flipping a coin to see who get the ball first.  Much worse.  Are they intentionally making a mockery of freestyle wrestling?

crablegs

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, 09:25:32 PM »
Jimmy why the hate?  It is still wrestling right, and its on ESPN.  I myself enjoy folkstyle much more, but these are the rules Fila made, and we have to do our best with them.  Americans seem to not be able to figure out the rules.  You have to attack and score points so it doesn't go into a clinch, but to many Americans are just cautious and try to win in the clinch.

crablegs

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2009, 09:26:30 PM »
Rulon looks really fat.  He was always fat, but now he really looks bad IMO.

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2009, 09:52:55 PM »
Quote from: "crablegs"
Rulon looks really fat.  He was always fat, but now he really looks bad IMO.

Rulon looks like a bleached version of Grimace.

Offline Jimmy the Gent

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2009, 10:18:40 PM »
I had to pause it on my DVR while I grilled out, I came back in and they showed some highlights of the women... MY WORD!  If you looked up 'pathetic' in the dictionary a picture of a US Womens wrestler would be there.  It is admirable that the girls are trying and everything but what in the WORLD are they doing on ESPN with the elite men?  It is like watching a Saturday Night Live skit or something.  These female national champions have virtually no athleticism or skillset whatsover.  I was truly embarrassed to watch these women flail around like beached fish.  

These women exhibitions should be left for beer-thirty at a Barbeque down south or something.  Thank God they only showed highlights of the ladies.

Offline Jimmy the Gent

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2009, 10:41:15 PM »
Holy Smokes!  Obviously Herbert is tough as nails, but his voice sounds like he has had his testicles chopped off.

Offline Jimmy the Gent

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2009, 10:44:00 PM »
Rulon's head is analagous to a grape sitting atop an orange.  He is literally as tall as he is wide, too!

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2009, 10:51:46 PM »
Quote from: "Jimmy the Gent"
I had to pause it on my DVR while I grilled out, I came back in and they showed some highlights of the women... MY WORD!  If you looked up 'pathetic' in the dictionary a picture of a US Womens wrestler would be there.  It is admirable that the girls are trying and everything but what in the WORLD are they doing on ESPN with the elite men?  It is like watching a Saturday Night Live skit or something.  These female national champions have virtually no athleticism or skillset whatsover.  I was truly embarrassed to watch these women flail around like beached fish.  

These women exhibitions should be left for beer-thirty at a Barbeque down south or something.  Thank God they only showed highlights of the ladies.

Careful, some of those women are quite tough. Example: A kid I coached in HS is married to the first womens Olympic medalist and one Christmas, his brother(who was a D1 wrestler and about 6', 180lbs) used to make comments such as you did to her face. Finally she had enough, she hit a blast double on his and dropped him on ass in front of everyone. He doesn't make comments like that anymore.

They may not wrestle like men, but they work just as hard and are damn tough.

Offline Jimmy the Gent

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2009, 10:53:48 PM »
That is a neat story, but it is awful to watch.  I never said they weren't tough and didn't work hard.

Offline Cougar1

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2009, 08:14:12 AM »
These female national champions have virtually no athleticism or skillset whatsover.

We work out with Chun as well as the OTC women and your comments are way out of line. You really need to come out and have them open a can of "whip ass" on you!  :lol:
“Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.”

― G.K. Chesterton