Author Topic: Vegas Finals on Soon  (Read 2447 times)

Offline The Du

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theopenmat.com
Re: Vegas Finals on Soon
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2009, 08:44:39 AM »
i used to dislike free too, Jimmy.

but i rather enjoy watching freestyle now. actually, i kinda like the 3 period format better than folk. at least a person can't sit on a lead. it makes almost every second of the competition imperative, unlike the boring stretches in folk where guys are 'accumulating riding time" (stalling).
...talking to myself cause im the only one worth consulting...

Offline Jimmy the Gent

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2009, 08:59:44 AM »
Quote from: "Cougar1"
These female national champions have virtually no athleticism or skillset whatsover.

We work out with Chun as well as the OTC women and your comments are way out of line. You really need to come out and have them open a can of "whip ass" on you!  :lol:

oh please!  now you are just sounding silly.  who are you, SGallan?  There is no women in this country that could beat me in a wrestling match lets not be ridiculous.
"Jimmy, I understand your point and technically your logic is sound."  --Viratas

Offline Jimmy the Gent

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2009, 09:04:42 AM »
Quote from: "The Du"
i used to dislike free too, Jimmy.

but i rather enjoy watching freestyle now. actually, i kinda like the 3 period format better than folk. at least a person can't sit on a lead. it makes almost every second of the competition imperative, unlike the boring stretches in folk where guys are 'accumulating riding time" (stalling).

I hate to break it to you but the freestyle periods are a joke.  It is a mockery.  It doesn't really show who the best wrestler is and it takes conditioning out of the sport.  Totally weak sauce.  I mean, why do think RLewis is competing?  Because he knows best of three short periods is a joke and mockery of the sport.

He even stated he wouldn't dare try this stunt if he actually had to wrestle for awhile.  Freestyle and Greco wrestling is a joke in this country it is a fringe sport to the highest degree.  I mean, drag racing and ice skating are far more popular than post-collegiate wrestling.  That should tell you something.
"Jimmy, I understand your point and technically your logic is sound."  --Viratas

Offline Cougar1

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2009, 09:11:06 PM »
Quote from: "Jimmy the Gent"
Quote from: "Cougar1"
These female national champions have virtually no athleticism or skillset whatsover.

We work out with Chun as well as the OTC women and your comments are way out of line. You really need to come out and have them open a can of "whip ass" on you!  :lol:

oh please!  now you are just sounding silly.  who are you, SGallan?  There is no women in this country that could beat me in a wrestling match lets not be ridiculous.

You've laid down the gauntlet Jimmy. The women are waiting for you.  :wink:  :wink:
“Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.”

― G.K. Chesterton