Author Topic: Creationist deny Bill Nye’s joy in scientific discovery because Hitler ate Jews  (Read 1154 times)

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
  • Tolerate everthing but Intolerance
    • View Profile
These guys cannot really be that stupid.  Because they do not have the intellectual capability to find joy in discovery, they think other more intelligent people can't either?????

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/02/05/creationist-denies-bill-nyes-joy-in-scientific-discovery-because-hitler-ate-jews-for-lunch/

Creationist author Terry Mortenson doesn’t understand how an atheist like Bill Nye “the Science Guy” can find joy in scientific discoveries.

Following the debate between Nye and Creation Museum founder Ken Ham on Tuesday night, Mortenson sat down with Creation Today co-hosts Eric Hovind and Paul Taylor to discuss the event.

“I was kind of intrigued by one of Bill’s last comments about the joy of discovery, but I thought, what is the joy of realizing that I came from pond scum as a result of an explosion and that eventually I’m going to die and I won’t be here, I won’t remember that I ever lived, nobody else will ever remember,” Mortenson said. “What is the joy of that? It is purposeless, as Richard Dawkins and William Provine and others have said.”

“There is no purpose,” he continued. “There is no morality. All you have in evolution in is what is is. It’s the survival of the fittest and if I’m stronger than you and I’m a lion and you’re a gazelle, sorry, you’re my lunch. And if I’m Hitler and you’re a Jew, sorry, you’re lunch. And if I am outside the body and you’re in the mother’s womb, and I don’t want you, sorry, you’re lunch.”

“There is no basis of morality or purpose, and Bill is stealing from the Christian worldview to find joy in discovery when there is no purpose or meaning to it.”

During the debate, Nye said the process of science filled him with joy.

“I base my beliefs on the information and the process that we call science,” he explained. “It fills me with joy to make discoveries every day of things I’d never seen before. It fills me [with] joy to know that we can pursue these answers. It is a wonderful, astonishing thing to me that we are — you and I — are somehow at least one of the ways that the universe knows itself.”
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark;  the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Bigotry disguised as religious liberty is still BIGOTRY

Online ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
Someone isn't smart enough to figure out a figure of speech.  Never was the word "ate" or "eat" used.  Your "toast" sparky and I always have you "for lunch".   ;D
Several are on "ignore".   I won't argue with the ignorant and disrespectful..
 "People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive" ~ Blaise Pascal

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
Someone isn't smart enough to figure out a figure of speech.  Never was the word "ate" or "eat" used.  Your "toast" sparky and I always have you "for lunch".   ;D

Someone is 1) not smart enough to recognize that those were the words of the author of the article which were taken word for word off the video so it was an exact quote of one of he moron creationist.  .

The only person who is toast is the crazy texas coach who is insane enough to believe in a 6000 year old universe.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark;  the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
The exact quote from the creationist:

It’s the survival of the fittest and if I’m stronger than you and I’m a lion and you’re a gazelle, sorry, you’re my lunch.  And if I’m Hitler and you’re a Jew, sorry, you’re lunch.

Let us see what could he me by "sorry, you're lunch"?  Hmmmm let me see, could he have meant I am going to "eat" you.  Yep that would be it!

Online ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
Like I said "Someone isn't smart enough to figure out a figure of speech."
Several are on "ignore".   I won't argue with the ignorant and disrespectful..
 "People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive" ~ Blaise Pascal

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
Like I said "Someone isn't smart enough to figure out a figure of speech."

So the lion won't eat the gazelle.  LMFAO, what a moron!