Author Topic: Important Announcement: Temporary Lock on Politics, Evolution  (Read 26659 times)

Offline Jason Bryant

• Global Moderator
  • World Silver
  • Thou shalt not fist to the back
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mattalkonline.com
Re: Important Announcement: Temporary Lock on Politics, Evolution
« Reply #450 on: June 11, 2014, 06:21:46 pm »
Lol I'm gonna tell mommy.

That's the attitude of a few now. Frickin hilarious.

Personal attack noted.

Not a personal attack. Observations of ones behavior would not constitute a personal attack in my book. You're actually not helping. You know spamming our inbox with reported posts is doing the opposite of what you intend. You're taking time away from our work to babysit. You're adults, act like it

Rock played the report button game on themat.com a few years ago. Amusing looking back on it now, but your attempt at trying to clean up the board is bothersome, annoying and counterproductive.

One solution to prevent personal attacks against yourself would be to stop responding.
I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it. -- Mitch Hedberg

Offline ban basketball

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: June 11, 2014, 06:52:55 pm »
Rock played the report button game on themat.com a few years ago. Amusing looking back on it now

My nomination for understatement of the year.

As Rock would say, LMAO!   
"WELL WE LOVE DIVERSITY OF OPINIONS HERE AT THEOPENMAT! "-VISE GRIP 1-16-15   (NOW TELL HER HOW YOU HAD SPARKY AND ME BANNED).

RONSNAP/HERKEY, "FAITHFUL" UNI FAN THROUGH THICK AND THIN: "THE NEXT PROMO PIC WILL HAVE TO SAY (COLON) LOST TO THE NEW #1" AFTER TONIGHT...I HOPE."- 30 DEC 13, 04:04 PM

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
  • Tolerate everthing but Intolerance
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: June 11, 2014, 07:27:59 pm »
Lol I'm gonna tell mommy.

That's the attitude of a few now. Frickin hilarious.

Personal attack noted.

Not a personal attack. Observations of ones behavior would not constitute a personal attack in my book. You're actually not helping. You know spamming our inbox with reported posts is doing the opposite of what you intend. You're taking time away from our work to babysit. You're adults, act like it

Rock played the report button game on themat.com a few years ago. Amusing looking back on it now, but your attempt at trying to clean up the board is bothersome, annoying and counterproductive.

One solution to prevent personal attacks against yourself would be to stop responding.

It is a personal attack to call doing what we have been asked to do, report personal attacks in a negative connotation of "I'm gonna tell momma."  It is impossible to deny.  And doing what we have been asked to do, which is not do personal attacks but report them when they occur is doing the right thing.  It may be bothersome but under the guidelines that have been laid out here I have no choice.  If I fire back at the bullshit coming from the likes of akin and rock, I will be very shortlived on here. 
Now on the other hand I could turn around and start returning the attacks but I have shown an extraordinary ammount of restraint from that.  Of course I know you will refuse to admit it because of course I am who I am and we all know you do not like me because of my liberal rationalist, secular stances.

The only solution to ending the personal attacks against me is for moderators to have the courage to do their jobs, but I will not hold my breath. 
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark;  the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Bigotry disguised as religious liberty is still BIGOTRY

Offline Jason Bryant

• Global Moderator
  • World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: June 11, 2014, 07:59:29 pm »
You're like the guy who starts the fire and wants praise when you attempt to put it out.

Offline ban basketball

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: June 11, 2014, 08:04:10 pm »
Like it or lump it, but there isn't one thing that sparky said in the above that isn't right.

If there's doubt that, just picture if sparky or I were the ones saying these things to others.  There'd be warnings, temporary bans, possible permanent bans, and an entire board of parrots sqwawking about how sparky and I have "destroyed this pristine place singlehandedly."   ;)
"WELL WE LOVE DIVERSITY OF OPINIONS HERE AT THEOPENMAT! "-VISE GRIP 1-16-15   (NOW TELL HER HOW YOU HAD SPARKY AND ME BANNED).

RONSNAP/HERKEY, "FAITHFUL" UNI FAN THROUGH THICK AND THIN: "THE NEXT PROMO PIC WILL HAVE TO SAY (COLON) LOST TO THE NEW #1" AFTER TONIGHT...I HOPE."- 30 DEC 13, 04:04 PM

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
  • Tolerate everthing but Intolerance
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: June 11, 2014, 09:21:54 pm »
You're like the guy who starts the fire and wants praise when you attempt to put it out.

Nice try but not clos.  I knew you would not be able to man up to the truth.  I have never denied my part in escalating thing.  But just like last time V and Ray tried to crack down,  I am following the letter of the law.  unfortunately just like last time, attacks continue on me and not much is done(granted rock was given a well deserved timeout).  I on the other hand have continued to meet the requested civility guidelines.   I know that probably is to your chagrin as your dream world would see mee banned.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark;  the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Bigotry disguised as religious liberty is still BIGOTRY

Offline Jason Bryant

• Global Moderator
  • World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: June 11, 2014, 09:49:19 pm »
Pat yourself on the back for restraint when you've been the one who antagonized essentially everyone you've ever disagreed with? A zebra doesn't change his stripes.

You're the one who isn't manning up to the truth. Being a tattletale isn't manning up, especially to the extent you're doing it. And then questioning V and Ray about their "job" -- their job isn't to be your babysitter.

You start obeying the guidelines after your playground was closed. Oh, we should give you praise for this? Hardly. So all your past abuses should be just thrown away because the boards went on lockdown? You're not policing the board for anyone else's interest, just your own.

This thread just signifies the problem. Deflect blame with "Oh, I'm doing this now" ... childish behavior doesn't just get washed away because you've reported people taking shots at you. That's self-serving, not community serving.

I said it before and I'll say it again, because the shoe fits -- you're the guy who starts the fire and because you tried to put it out, you expect to be forgiven for starting the fire in the first place.

And with that, you're back on the ignore list. Where I should have left you to start with.

Offline MetsFan

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • AKA "everybody"
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: June 11, 2014, 10:30:00 pm »
And the insanity continues because of the rantings of a few idiots.

Personal attack noted.

Against whom?

Against "rantings of a few idiots."  I know who he means and I bet you do to.

So, you're inferring a personal attack based on your own thought process.

No, calling people idiots is a personal attack as noted by Ray.  And you know damn well as does everyone else who he is refering to.  Do not pretend not to know, that would be dishonest.

Personal attack noted.
There's always Bulgaria.

Offline Ray Brinzer

• Ipse Dixit
  • Administrator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://ray.brinzer.net/
« Reply #458 on: June 11, 2014, 10:57:58 pm »
Last word.

Offline Ray Brinzer

• Ipse Dixit
  • Administrator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://ray.brinzer.net/
« Reply #459 on: November 11, 2014, 02:23:20 pm »
Politics >> General is now partially unlocked.  Users with 240+ posts can now read and post there; others cannot.