Author Topic: Important Announcement: Temporary Lock on Politics, Evolution  (Read 106942 times)

Offline spider

• OW
    • View Profile
Re: Important Announcement: Temporary Lock on Politics, Evolution
« Reply #405 on: June 09, 2014, 07:44:46 PM »
This thread is starting to feel like listening to the kids in the back of minivan.  Waiting for Ray to chime in with, "Don't make me pull this thing over!"

"I'm not touching you. I'm still not touching you."
If you throw away sheet music, does it decompose?

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: June 09, 2014, 09:26:51 PM »
This thread is starting to feel like listening to the kids in the back of minivan.  Waiting for Ray to chime in with, "Don't make me pull this thing over!"

I gotta say I got a good laugh out of this thread and seeing the idiocy posted by sparkles and ban, reminds me exactly why I quit posting here.

KIng Kong,

Come back.  Godzilla is not here.  Seriously, I hope you come back.

mspart

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: June 09, 2014, 09:32:17 PM »

"I'm not touching you. I'm still not touching you."

Yeah but you're still looking at him.   Stop it.   Stop it!!!   Mooooooooooooooom!  He's looking at me!!!!!

mspart

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
  • Tolerate everthing but Intolerance
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: June 09, 2014, 09:42:40 PM »

I gotta say I got a good laugh out of this thread and seeing the idiocy posted by sparkles and ban, reminds me exactly why I quit posting here.

And you prove that you are a big part of the problem with your name calling attack post.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark;  the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Bigotry disguised as religious liberty is still BIGOTRY

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: June 09, 2014, 09:45:05 PM »
Nope I just looked up the definition. Vortex isn't a curse word.

Correctamudo.  Can you point to an instance where anyone said it was a curse word?  I bet you cannot.  Stood, idiot, numbskull, retard. And a whole slew of other attacks are not curse words either.  But all of them can be used as attacks and name calling and have been on this forum.  That is a fact.

So if they aren't curse words, then we should be able to use them to describe people.

It never had anything to do with curse words.  It was named calling and personal attacks.  Go back and read Rays intro.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark;  the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Offline Jason Bryant

• Global Moderator
  • World Champ
  • Thou shalt not fist to the back
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mattalkonline.com
« Reply #410 on: June 09, 2014, 09:48:37 PM »
When can we start talking about the incessant whining? Everytime I see a reported post in my inbox, I cringe. While I might have "moderator" attached to my profile here, I've only deleted one thread (my own due to a factual inaccuracy with a wrestling stat. I have deleted a few of my own posts, but very few). I personally don't feel there's any benefit to politics or religion boards on a wrestling site. They were gone at TheMat before I arrived (thankfully) and all this back and forth childishness brings out the worst in people -- at times, myself included.

This thread basically shows why we have a problem. I have no problem at all locking up those boards and throwing away the key. Why? It's not to curtail freedom of speech or expression, rather it's just a waste of time for those of us on this site for WRESTLING. I'm not really a fan of the open boards either, which is why you'll see such a very small percentage of my overall posts there.

I say good riddance, but it's not my call and my opinion doesn't represent those of Ray and V. They started this community and the boards are more or less theirs to decide. I just work here.
I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it. -- Mitch Hedberg

Offline ban basketball

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: June 09, 2014, 11:06:20 PM »

Me?  In this thread?  I guess I'd like to know where and what you mean.
"WELL WE LOVE DIVERSITY OF OPINIONS HERE AT THEOPENMAT! "-VISE GRIP 1-16-15   (NOW TELL HER HOW YOU HAD SPARKY AND ME BANNED).

RONSNAP/HERKEY, "FAITHFUL" UNI FAN THROUGH THICK AND THIN: "THE NEXT PROMO PIC WILL HAVE TO SAY (COLON) LOST TO THE NEW #1" AFTER TONIGHT...I HOPE."- 30 DEC 13, 04:04 PM

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: June 10, 2014, 06:14:20 AM »
When can we start talking about the incessant whining? Everytime I see a reported post in my inbox, I cringe. While I might have "moderator" attached to my profile here, I've only deleted one thread (my own due to a factual inaccuracy with a wrestling stat. I have deleted a few of my own posts, but very few). I personally don't feel there's any benefit to politics or religion boards on a wrestling site. They were gone at TheMat before I arrived (thankfully) and all this back and forth childishness brings out the worst in people -- at times, myself included.

This thread basically shows why we have a problem. I have no problem at all locking up those boards and throwing away the key. Why? It's not to curtail freedom of speech or expression, rather it's just a waste of time for those of us on this site for WRESTLING. I'm not really a fan of the open boards either, which is why you'll see such a very small percentage of my overall posts there.

I say good riddance, but it's not my call and my opinion doesn't represent those of Ray and V. They started this community and the boards are more or less theirs to decide. I just work here.

I am not sure where you see anybody whining.  I certainly have not made any request to have those boards reinstated.  As to seeing reported post, ray and V made there decision to lock those threads because of personal attacks, if people Cannot stay away from personal attacks after that, give them time outs or ban them.  That is the appropriate thing to do.  As for me, I will continue to support Ray and V's vision by reporting the personal attacks when they occur.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: June 10, 2014, 12:12:13 PM »

KOOOONG!!!

Where ya been brother????

Dont be such a stranger!
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline MetsFan

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • AKA "everybody"
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: June 10, 2014, 02:09:38 PM »

KOOOONG!!!

Where ya been brother????

Dont be such a stranger!

Indeed.  We could definitely use your input here:

http://forum.theopenmat.com/index.php/topic,31438.0.html
There's always Bulgaria.

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: June 10, 2014, 02:57:02 PM »
And the insanity continues because of the rantings of a few idiots.
Imagine the good that could be done, if people were less worried about their differences, and more worried about doing good for everyone.

Offline Jason Bryant

• Global Moderator
  • World Champ
  • Thou shalt not fist to the back
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mattalkonline.com
« Reply #416 on: June 10, 2014, 04:52:23 PM »

As for me, I will continue to support Ray and V's vision by reporting the personal attacks when they occur, except when they are my own.

FIFY.
I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it. -- Mitch Hedberg

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theowf.net
« Reply #417 on: June 10, 2014, 08:53:02 PM »
Lmao.
"Really? Well please tell your father-in-law that he is a freaking idiot."

Offline ban basketball

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: June 11, 2014, 12:35:27 AM »
And the insanity continues because of the rantings of a few idiots.

Was reply #43 "idiotic" in this thread, or was it "rambling?"

http://forum.theopenmat.com/index.php/topic,31532.msg436386/boardseen.html#new
"WELL WE LOVE DIVERSITY OF OPINIONS HERE AT THEOPENMAT! "-VISE GRIP 1-16-15   (NOW TELL HER HOW YOU HAD SPARKY AND ME BANNED).

RONSNAP/HERKEY, "FAITHFUL" UNI FAN THROUGH THICK AND THIN: "THE NEXT PROMO PIC WILL HAVE TO SAY (COLON) LOST TO THE NEW #1" AFTER TONIGHT...I HOPE."- 30 DEC 13, 04:04 PM

Offline ban basketball

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: June 11, 2014, 06:23:46 AM »
Oops, correction for the above..."ranting," not rambling.