Poll

Who wins this epic battle?

King Kong
Godzilla

Author Topic: King Kong vs Godzilla  (Read 9860 times)

Offline Ray Brinzer

• Ipse Dixit
  • Administrator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://ray.brinzer.net/
Re: King Kong vs Godzilla
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2014, 08:05:57 AM »
You guys are letting your emotions get in the way.  This isn't even close.

You speak as if the results of the "actual" fight didn't matter.

Offline SVV

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2014, 08:53:08 AM »
The size alone gives Japan a considerable worldwide advantage.

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2014, 02:22:25 PM »
doesn't Godzilla have a couple of losses on his record already?  or is that the giant flying turtle? 
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline FalconWrestlingKY

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2014, 03:11:09 PM »
Well any film where Godzilla was cast as the villain had to end in his death/defeat for story telling purposes

Well let's see starting with the Showa era, he died at the end of the first Godzilla (I'm molding the the American rip off into it), Godzilla raids again has Godzilla getting covered in snow but fine we will give him the loss, King Kong gets a cheap win (electrical storm my ass), Mothra was defeated, but Mothra's larvae beat Godzilla, Invasion of astro-monster was ambiguous since only Ghidorah got out of the water, then we had the introduction of Minilla and Godzilla becomes a dad and dad's never lose. Godzilla is 9-4 with 1 no contest (counted mothra as a win and a loss)

Now we're in the Heisei era. Return of Godzilla has his getting "trapped" but I'll give him a loss, Godzilla vs. Mothra is difficult to call I'll give it a draw but credit to Mothra for a good fight, the rest of the movies usually have daddy Godzilla and thus he isn't allowed to lose. Godzilla is now 14-5-1 with 1 no contest

....how dare you make me review the Millennium era. Godzilla, Mothra, and King Ghidorah: Giant Monster's all-out attack gives me a weird case where Godzilla is disintegrated but his heart is still beating, well a heart can't burn down Tokyo that's a loss for the lizard. The next two films had Godzilla alive but beaten but whatever Godzilla loses. I am not counting Ferris Bueller battles Godzilla because that was not Godzilla and I haven't seen the latest Godzilla yet. Final record for Godzilla

17 wins with 8 losses, 1 draw and 1 no contest

In comparison King Kong has 2 wins (one disputed with improper use of electrical powers) and 5 losses. I'm pretty sure Vegas would have Godzilla winning a rematch

Topics Falcon doesn't know anything about- Cars, Binary, Accounting, and 13th Century Polish Literature

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2014, 07:23:46 PM »
King Kong beats Godzilla.  That's all there is to it.

mspart

Offline SVV

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2014, 08:43:45 PM »

mspart

1 out of 10 attempts maybe.

Offline fuhr

• LXP
  • Global Moderator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2014, 08:56:20 PM »

mspart

Not even.  Take this like MMA.  Name one advantage Kong has over Godzilla and how he could use the advantage to win.  Godzillia has all the ways to finish the fight and this isn't going the distance for the judges to decide. 
Since Jammen has told me twice to change my signature, I can only assume his wrestling knowledge is no longer something I can count on along with pizza and beer.

Offline SVV

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2014, 09:24:14 PM »
I was being generous.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2014, 10:28:01 PM »

mspart

Not even.  Take this like MMA.  Name one advantage Kong has over Godzilla and how he could use the advantage to win.  Godzillia has all the ways to finish the fight and this isn't going the distance for the judges to decide.

Just one.... but its the most important one.... BRAINS.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2014, 02:12:42 PM »
what about being Warm Blooded?

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2014, 02:13:02 PM »
opposable thumbs
reach
climbing

Offline TobusRex

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2014, 06:06:58 AM »
King Kong is tiny compared to Godzilla. You saw the scale on the previous page. Godzilla could step on Kong and not even realize it.
Have you got to get rid of all your knowledge and all your common sense to save your soul? - Clarence Darrow

Offline Ray Brinzer

• Ipse Dixit
  • Administrator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://ray.brinzer.net/
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2014, 06:11:53 AM »

Offline fuhr

• LXP
  • Global Moderator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2014, 09:25:33 AM »
opposable thumbs
reach
climbing

Using the chart on the previous page lets give Kong 30' and Godzilla 160.  That's 5.33 times bigger.  So let's put Bryce in a fight with someone 5.33 times bigger than him.  That person would be 26.65 feet tall and weigh somewhere around 800+ lbs.  I'd be comfortable saying he could take you out even without his thumbs and allowing you to climb anything you'd like to.  IN fact I'd bet we could get the beast stoned and drunk so brain function would be limited as well. 
Since Jammen has told me twice to change my signature, I can only assume his wrestling knowledge is no longer something I can count on along with pizza and beer.

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2014, 01:07:02 PM »
I'm am betting Kong picks up some barrels and just starts hucking them at him and Godzilla with his little Trex arms is unable to stop them and once he falls down Kong walks over and Smashes a couple on his head to be sure.