Author Topic: There May Be Nothing Better After Mowing The Lawn  (Read 2538 times)

Offline ban basketball

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
There May Be Nothing Better After Mowing The Lawn
« on: May 20, 2014, 09:36:32 PM »
Being a beer snob, I couldn't help but start a thread about this great beer from the Quad cities.  If you hate mowing the lawn, love a refeshing wheat ale, and especially love the bite and flavor of jalapenos, I have your baby.  I just pity you folks who can't buy it in your area.

Awesome to have a couple of these after such duties!

"WELL WE LOVE DIVERSITY OF OPINIONS HERE AT THEOPENMAT! "-VISE GRIP 1-16-15   (NOW TELL HER HOW YOU HAD SPARKY AND ME BANNED).

RONSNAP/HERKEY, "FAITHFUL" UNI FAN THROUGH THICK AND THIN: "THE NEXT PROMO PIC WILL HAVE TO SAY (COLON) LOST TO THE NEW #1" AFTER TONIGHT...I HOPE."- 30 DEC 13, 04:04 PM

Offline SVV

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: There May Be Nothing Better After Mowing The Lawn
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 09:50:05 PM »
The only beer I refused to finish was a hot pepper beer in Atlanta.  I can't remember the name, but it was terrible.   The heat wasn't unbearable but it tasted like spicy turd soup.

Offline ban basketball

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 11:09:04 PM »
The only beer I refused to finish was a hot pepper beer in Atlanta.  I can't remember the name, but it was terrible.   The heat wasn't unbearable but it tasted like spicy turd soup.

I think this beer is pretty much the same way:  like an oyster, you either love it or you hate it, with no in-between.  We have it on tap in town, and when I'm drinking one there's always just as many people telling me how repulsive that it is.
"WELL WE LOVE DIVERSITY OF OPINIONS HERE AT THEOPENMAT! "-VISE GRIP 1-16-15   (NOW TELL HER HOW YOU HAD SPARKY AND ME BANNED).

RONSNAP/HERKEY, "FAITHFUL" UNI FAN THROUGH THICK AND THIN: "THE NEXT PROMO PIC WILL HAVE TO SAY (COLON) LOST TO THE NEW #1" AFTER TONIGHT...I HOPE."- 30 DEC 13, 04:04 PM

Offline TobusRex

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 11:19:47 PM »
My lawn is xeroscape lawn....no mowing necessary.
Have you got to get rid of all your knowledge and all your common sense to save your soul? - Clarence Darrow

Offline DiMaria

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • Sardinia Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2014, 11:52:24 PM »
Sorry amigo, but I'll passed on the Jalapeno beer! This coming from a brown man who usually eats a jalapeno pepper with breakfast.
"Find something you love to do and you'll never have to work a day in your life."

-Confucius

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theowf.net
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 01:35:35 AM »
I drink a beer while watching my wife mow the lawn.
"Really? Well please tell your father-in-law that he is a freaking idiot."

Offline MetsFan

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • AKA "everybody"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2014, 05:59:33 AM »
I also drink a beer while watching Rock's wife meeting the lawn.
There's always Bulgaria.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2014, 06:53:17 AM »
Any beer with a fruit or vegetable in it isn't worth trying and that includes lime, orange and jalapeno.  It's sheer blasphemy of the mastery of the Bavarian monks from the initial creativity of the Egyptians and Mesopotamians.

Offline ban basketball

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2014, 07:19:37 AM »
Any beer with a fruit or vegetable in it isn't worth trying and that includes lime, orange and jalapeno.  It's sheer blasphemy of the mastery of the Bavarian monks from the initial creativity of the Egyptians and Mesopotamians.

I will actually agree with that.  This is the only beer with either fruit or vegetable in it that I like and will even entertain drinking. 

Gives a sense of just how tasty it is.

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2014, 10:49:35 AM »
Bent River is a solid brewery here in the Quads that I've been known to frequent.  The Jalapeno ain't bad, but I'm not a fan of more than one glass at a time.  One quenches the thirst and goes down well, but the rest start to burn and gurgle my delicate stomach.

I'm a fan of Wheats, but without the fruit.  Also the Heffens.  And during the Winter pour me a Stout. 

This weekend we will be having a BBQ and of course any Quad City residents are more than welcome to attend.  The cooler and fridge will be stocked with beer for drinking, for beer pong and card games, and for supper pairings.
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline ban basketball

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2014, 11:37:36 AM »
I like all of the Bent River beers too, even though I'm a hop freak (IPA's), which they don't have as many of.

Yes, anymore than two of the Jalapeno beers gives my stomach the same issues.  Then it's time to break out the hops!

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theowf.net
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2014, 12:57:12 PM »
I also drink a beer while watching Rock's wife meeting the lawn.

It's quite the lawn.
"Really? Well please tell your father-in-law that he is a freaking idiot."