Author Topic: That lasted long...  (Read 1131 times)

Offline SetonHallPirate

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
That lasted long...
« on: June 14, 2014, 12:20:37 am »
I saw the Politics (U.S., not TOM) board was opened for roughly nine hours yesterday.

Frankly, I think one of two things needs to happen, either it needs to be re-opened, or deleted. It's been twisting in the wind for too long, in my opinion.

Just my humble opinion.

Offline Ray Brinzer

• Ipse Dixit
  • Administrator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://ray.brinzer.net/
Re: That lasted long...
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 12:23:56 am »
No, it wasn't.  A thread in Off-Topic turned political, and was moved there, effectively closing it.

Offline SetonHallPirate

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 05:50:50 am »
Ah, OK...understood...(I think I can count on one hand the number of times I've been to the off-topic forum on this board, and almost forgot it existed!)

I still think that, at this point, the politics board either needs to be reopened or deleted. I personally have no preference one way or the other, however.

Offline MetsFan

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • AKA "everybody"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 12:14:01 pm »
SHP - My understanding is that it is, effectively, closed for good, but it's not being deleted so people can still access the history of what was posted.
There's always Bulgaria.

Offline fuhr

• LXP
  • Global Moderator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 12:21:55 pm »
SHP - My understanding is that it is, effectively, closed for good, but it's not being deleted so people can still access the history of what was posted.

Correct and it will also serve as an area to move threads that venture into territory where nothing good will come from it.  Again, and I'm speaking for Ray and Eric so apologies if I've misunderstood or have it wrong, the goal isn't to delete what has been said, but to try and keep the area a place where people want to come and post without it devolving into what it sometimes can. 
Since Jammen has told me twice to change my signature, I can only assume his wrestling knowledge is no longer something I can count on along with pizza and beer.