Author Topic: Casey Kasem  (Read 1856 times)

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
  • Tolerate everthing but Intolerance
    • View Profile
Casey Kasem
« on: June 15, 2014, 01:10:08 PM »
RIP
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark;  the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Bigotry disguised as religious liberty is still BIGOTRY

Offline TobusRex

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Casey Kasem
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 01:22:19 PM »
Best thing that could happen to him. Suffering from advanced Alzheimers disease with his family squabbling like a bunch of buttholes. Time to exit the game.
Have you got to get rid of all your knowledge and all your common sense to save your soul? - Clarence Darrow

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 01:29:34 PM »
Best thing that could happen to him. Suffering from advanced Alzheimers disease with his family squabbling like a bunch of buttholes. Time to exit the game.

Don't disagree.  Even without the family BS, Alzheimer's is a bitch.  Both my grandfather and dad suffered from it.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark;  the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Offline ban basketball

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2014, 02:56:32 PM »
Not sure how I missed the memo that he was the voice of Shaggy.  Just heard that today.   :-[
"WELL WE LOVE DIVERSITY OF OPINIONS HERE AT THEOPENMAT! "-VISE GRIP 1-16-15   (NOW TELL HER HOW YOU HAD SPARKY AND ME BANNED).

RONSNAP/HERKEY, "FAITHFUL" UNI FAN THROUGH THICK AND THIN: "THE NEXT PROMO PIC WILL HAVE TO SAY (COLON) LOST TO THE NEW #1" AFTER TONIGHT...I HOPE."- 30 DEC 13, 04:04 PM

Offline MetsFan

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • AKA "everybody"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2014, 03:06:02 PM »
He did a whole host of cartoon voices, including being Robin in the Superfriends, but Shaggy was his best known.  The man was definitely a radio/voice icon.  May he rest in peace.
There's always Bulgaria.

Offline Jason Bryant

• Global Moderator
  • World Silver
  • Thou shalt not fist to the back
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mattalkonline.com
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2014, 06:25:34 PM »
I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it. -- Mitch Hedberg

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2014, 06:44:00 PM »
How about that, he was a human being.

Offline Jason Bryant

• Global Moderator
  • World Silver
  • Thou shalt not fist to the back
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mattalkonline.com
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2014, 07:08:31 PM »
What do you think I meant by that video?
I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it. -- Mitch Hedberg

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2014, 07:23:10 PM »
What does RIP mean?  Rest in Peace?  How can a dead person rest in peace if he is no more?  There is no peace because there is no life.  The only way he/she can rest in peace is if he/she is still alive to be able to rest in peace.  The term makes no sense if you do not believe man has an eternal spirit.  Just sayin'.

For my part, I certainly feel to say to Casey Kasem, rest in peace.  May your spirit rest from the rigors of mortal life. 

mspart

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2014, 07:41:31 PM »
What do you think I meant by that video?

I wouldn't have a clue.  I just made my comment as to what I take ash from it.

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2014, 07:44:01 PM »
What does RIP mean?  Rest in Peace?  How can a dead person rest in peace if he is no more?  There is no peace because there is no life.  The only way he/she can rest in peace is if he/she is still alive to be able to rest in peace.  The term makes no sense if you do not believe man has an eternal spirit.  Just sayin'.

For my part, I certainly feel to say to Casey Kasem, rest in peace.  May your spirit rest from the rigors of mortal life. 

mspart

To me it is a statement about family.  Set the turmoil aside so you can just enjoy the positive memories of you loved one.

Offline MetsFan

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • AKA "everybody"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2014, 09:25:04 PM »

mspart

To me it is a statement about family.  Set the turmoil aside so you can just enjoy the positive memories of you loved one.

Weak answer.
There's always Bulgaria.

Offline Jointdoc55

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
  • Loyalty, integrity & strength through brotherhood
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2014, 09:41:20 PM »
RIP is a positive sentiment, whether or not one believes in the afterlife. please let's not start a war of that.

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2014, 10:10:20 AM »
Frankly I've always questioned the whole RIP thing too but knew that people would be offended so I 've chosen to not challenge it.  However, it is pretty ridiculous.
Christians warned about the Antichrist for years. And when he came, they voted for him.

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2014, 11:11:57 AM »
RIP is a positive sentiment, whether or not one believes in the afterlife. please let's not start a war of that.

Thank you JD.  We'll said and regardless of what Met says, my answer was a very strong explanation  of my sentiments.  Met seems to have a problem with my beliefs.  You  cannot satisfy everyone so the important thing is to satisfy yourself.