Author Topic: Potential lineups. Pick a team and go  (Read 28187 times)

Offline Brew

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
Re: Potential lineups. Pick a team and go
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2014, 08:25:50 PM »
A big thanks to everyone posting line ups..
It has been great reading them. Riddick at.197!!! Is he on the darkhorse or chris penny meal plan?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Offline Stove Pipe

• State Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2014, 09:11:32 PM »
^^CAMPBELL/2015- I do NOT have current Campbell info from any Campbell insider.  GUESSING-

125 I anticipate that Tyler Walker (So/PA) will be the starter.  North Carolina and Maryland sources tell me that the Tar Heels' Nathan Kraisser plans to transfer to Campbell and likely redshirt 2015.
133 I expect Drew Walker (So/PA) will start.
141 Michael Dahlstrom (Jr/PA).
149 open.
157 Grant Blumenthal (Jr/OH).
165 P. Duggan (Sr/NC).
174 Cody Reba (RSJr/OH).
184 Ville Heino (So/Finland).
197 I hope Taylor McGriffin (RSSo/IL) is competing.  Short for 197.
285 I hope Joe Nolan (RSJr/NJ) is competing.

^^THE CITADEL/2015

The Citadel University Wrestling Program is under the expert leadership of Rob Hjerling, who has build The Citadel into a nationally recognized Div I wrestling program. The Bulldogs finished 20th in the nation at the 2013 NCAA Tournament, with two NCAA All-Americans. This past season The Citadel again had an NCAA All-American and finished 31st at the Big Dance, with Turtog Luvsandorj battling his way from 11th seed to sixth place. The Dawgs know how to peak in March!

I am going to take my best guess at The Citadel's 2015 starting lineup projection. Although Mr. Luvsandorj is graduating and will not be available this coming season, The Citadel does have a good nucleus of returning veterans and a couple guys – Matt Frisch and Aaron Walker - who very well could be on the Podium at the 2015 NCAA Tournament. 

After each wrestler's name I will list his 2015 year of eligibility and home state. Here we go-

125 – I anticipate that Joaquin Marquez (Sr/NM) has the inside track to start at this weight. This past season Mr. Marquez started at 125 for The Citadel, placed second in the early season Hokie Open, grabbed third place at the Navy Classic, finished in third place at the All-Academies, wrestled well in dual meets, gained fourth place at the SoCon's and completed the 2014 year with a solid W/L record of 26-15.

There is a chance that Marquez might decide to graduate prior to the fall semester and not compete the 2015 campaign. If Marquez is not available, I believe that the starting spot will be filled by one of the incoming freshmen. Word around The Citadel campfire is that the team likely will have some good late recruits at 125, who are capable of starting at the Div I level, right out of the chute. Sounds good to me!

133 – Expect incoming freshman Ty Buckiso to start. This past season high octane Buckiso, from Peters Twp., placed sixth in the PIAA AAA Tournament, competing at 132 pounds.

141 – Aaron Hansen (RSJr/SC) reportedly is moving up to 141 pounds for the coming season.

Mr. Hansen has started for the Bulldogs the past two years at 133 pounds. For the 2013 campaign he placed sixth at the Hokie Open, finished fourth at the Navy Classic, gained fourth place at the All-Academies, wrestled well in dual meets, was SoCon runnerup and concluded the 2014 season with a W/L record of 22-18.

This past year Hansen grabbed third place at the Hokie Open, finished third at the All-Academies, again wrestled well in dual meets, claimed third place at the SoCon's and completed the 2014 campaign 20-12.

I look for Alex Ortiz to add some depth at this weight. Ortiz is from North Carolina and went 6-10 this past season as a true freshman, wrestling at 141 and 149 pounds.

149 – Two-time NCAA qualifier Matt Frisch (RSJr/MI) returns. Frisch transferred to The Citadel from Northern Illinois University and started for the Bulldogs at 157 pounds the 2013 season and at 149 the 2014 campaign.

For 2013 Frisch placed third at the Navy Classic, grabbed eighth place at the huge Southern Scuffle, finished fourth at the All-Academies, wrestled well in dual meets, won the 2013 SoCon Tournament, competed in the 2013 NCAA's (though 0-2) and finished the year 29-14.

This past season Mr Frisch was runnerup at Reno, won the All-Academies, again wrestled well in dual meets, placed third at the SoCon's, went 1-2 at the NCAA's and was 28-11 for the year. At the NCAA's Frisch, in his first-round bout, shocked the number two seed, Nick Dardanes of Minnesota, by a score of 8-5. That win over the NCAA number two seed was one of the numerous highlights of The Citadel's 2014 wrestling season.

157 – Aaron Walker (RSSo/TX) is one of the Dawgs best grapplers. This past season Walker, after winning the early season Citadel Open at 149 and finished runnerup at the Hokie Open at 149, moved up to compete at 157 pounds. At 157 Mr. Walker won the All-Academies (and was selected OW), wrestled well in dual meets, won the 2014 SoCon Tournament, went 1-2 at the NCAA's and completed the campaign with a W/L record of 31-9. Imo, Aaron Walker has the potential, under The Citadel system, to become a multi-time NCAA AA.

165 – I anticipate that Terrell Forbes (So/NJ) will grab the starting spot at this weight. This past season Forbes won 11 bouts, wrestling at 157 and spot-starting some up at 174. I think he will have a good 2015, competing at 165. We shall see.

174 – I think Ken Radford (Sr/NC) will handle this weight. Radford started at 174 this past season (also wrestled at 165 and 184 for the Dawgs), placing fourth at the All-Academies, gaining third place at the 2014 SoCon's and completing the year 21-19.

Also, at this weight, I would like to mention Vincent Bellaran (RSJr/NJ). Bellaran started for The Citadel down at 165 pounds the 2013 season and, though not placing in the 2013 SoCon's, did go 12-14 for the year. He did not compete this past season, but word is that he's aiming to get some quality mat time the 2015 campaign and probably will cert at 174.

184 – I expect Jack Duane (Sr/SC) to start. This past season Mr. Duane started at 184, placed third at the SoCon's and completed the 2014 campaign with a W/L record of 18-9.

197 – NCAA qualifier Marshall Haas (RSJr) returns. Haas, from South Riding, Virginia, attended Patch American High School in Germany. He has started for The Citadel the past two years at 197 pounds.

The 2013 season Haas placed sixth at the Navy Classic, took fourth place at the SoCon's and concluded the year 17-19. This past season Mr. Haas again placed sixth at the Classic, gained fourth place at the All-Academies, wrestled well in dual meets, won the 2014 SoCon Tournament, competed in the 2014 NCAA Tournament (though 0-2) and finished the year 25-19.

285 – Joe Bexley (So/GA) started at heavy weight for The Citadel this past season as a true freshman. He soldiered through the year winning 11 bouts and gaining a wealth of Div I experience. I would say that Bexley, at this point, has the inside track to start again at heavy weight for the Dawgs, unless the Dawgs land a top hwt prospect.

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2014, 09:12:04 PM »
Riddick weighs 215 and is ripped out of his gourd.  He's been banging andro pills like Sammy Sosa.
We are the storm.

Offline Wire

• Most Pins
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2014, 06:14:51 AM »
Oregon St

125-Pat Rollins/Ronnie Bresser
133-Jack Hathaway(I believe Palmer will redshirt)
141-Jared Reis/Devin Reynolds
149-Abraham Rodriguez
157-JoeyDelgado
165-Joe Latham
174-Zac Cardwell
184-Meeks
197-Crawford
285-Dougharity

UW (Seattle)

Nobody.

WSU (Pullman)

Nobody

I finally became the man, my dog always thought I was.

Offline Wire

• Most Pins
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2014, 06:22:10 AM »
Wisc.

125. Taylor
133. Thielke
141. Crone?
149. Lubeck
157. Jordan
165 Liegel?
174. ??
184. ??
197 McCall
HWT Medberry

Ranked second in the nation, Woodinville wrestler Christensen has big plans .... His 2 HS losses were to Rogers, who went to OK State.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2014/02/21/3059628/ranked-second-in-the-nation-christensen.html

I finally became the man, my dog always thought I was.

Offline FalconWrestlingKY

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2014, 08:02:34 AM »
^^CAMPBELL/2015- I do NOT have current Campbell info from any Campbell insider.  GUESSING-

125 I anticipate that Tyler Walker (So/PA) will be the starter.  North Carolina and Maryland sources tell me that the Tar Heels' Nathan Kraisser plans to transfer to Campbell and likely redshirt 2015.
133 I expect Drew Walker (So/PA) will start.
141 Michael Dahlstrom (Jr/PA).
149 open.
157 Grant Blumenthal (Jr/OH).
165 P. Duggan (Sr/NC).
174 Cody Reba (RSJr/OH).
184 Ville Heino (So/Finland).
197 I hope Taylor McGriffin (RSSo/IL) is competing.  Short for 197.
285 I hope Joe Nolan (RSJr/NJ) is competing.

^^THE CITADEL/2015

The Citadel University Wrestling Program is under the expert leadership of Rob Hjerling, who has build The Citadel into a nationally recognized Div I wrestling program. The Bulldogs finished 20th in the nation at the 2013 NCAA Tournament, with two NCAA All-Americans. This past season The Citadel again had an NCAA All-American and finished 31st at the Big Dance, with Turtog Luvsandorj battling his way from 11th seed to sixth place. The Dawgs know how to peak in March!

I am going to take my best guess at The Citadel's 2015 starting lineup projection. Although Mr. Luvsandorj is graduating and will not be available this coming season, The Citadel does have a good nucleus of returning veterans and a couple guys – Matt Frisch and Aaron Walker - who very well could be on the Podium at the 2015 NCAA Tournament.

After each wrestler's name I will list his 2015 year of eligibility and home state. Here we go-

125 – I anticipate that Joaquin Marquez (Sr/NM) has the inside track to start at this weight. This past season Mr. Marquez started at 125 for The Citadel, placed second in the early season Hokie Open, grabbed third place at the Navy Classic, finished in third place at the All-Academies, wrestled well in dual meets, gained fourth place at the SoCon's and completed the 2014 year with a solid W/L record of 26-15.

There is a chance that Marquez might decide to graduate prior to the fall semester and not compete the 2015 campaign. If Marquez is not available, I believe that the starting spot will be filled by one of the incoming freshmen. Word around The Citadel campfire is that the team likely will have some good late recruits at 125, who are capable of starting at the Div I level, right out of the chute. Sounds good to me!

133 – Expect incoming freshman Ty Buckiso to start. This past season high octane Buckiso, from Peters Twp., placed sixth in the PIAA AAA Tournament, competing at 132 pounds.

141 – Aaron Hansen (RSJr/SC) reportedly is moving up to 141 pounds for the coming season.

Mr. Hansen has started for the Bulldogs the past two years at 133 pounds. For the 2013 campaign he placed sixth at the Hokie Open, finished fourth at the Navy Classic, gained fourth place at the All-Academies, wrestled well in dual meets, was SoCon runnerup and concluded the 2014 season with a W/L record of 22-18.

This past year Hansen grabbed third place at the Hokie Open, finished third at the All-Academies, again wrestled well in dual meets, claimed third place at the SoCon's and completed the 2014 campaign 20-12.

I look for Alex Ortiz to add some depth at this weight. Ortiz is from North Carolina and went 6-10 this past season as a true freshman, wrestling at 141 and 149 pounds.

149 – Two-time NCAA qualifier Matt Frisch (RSJr/MI) returns. Frisch transferred to The Citadel from Northern Illinois University and started for the Bulldogs at 157 pounds the 2013 season and at 149 the 2014 campaign.

For 2013 Frisch placed third at the Navy Classic, grabbed eighth place at the huge Southern Scuffle, finished fourth at the All-Academies, wrestled well in dual meets, won the 2013 SoCon Tournament, competed in the 2013 NCAA's (though 0-2) and finished the year 29-14.

This past season Mr Frisch was runnerup at Reno, won the All-Academies, again wrestled well in dual meets, placed third at the SoCon's, went 1-2 at the NCAA's and was 28-11 for the year. At the NCAA's Frisch, in his first-round bout, shocked the number two seed, Nick Dardanes of Minnesota, by a score of 8-5. That win over the NCAA number two seed was one of the numerous highlights of The Citadel's 2014 wrestling season.

157 – Aaron Walker (RSSo/TX) is one of the Dawgs best grapplers. This past season Walker, after winning the early season Citadel Open at 149 and finished runnerup at the Hokie Open at 149, moved up to compete at 157 pounds. At 157 Mr. Walker won the All-Academies (and was selected OW), wrestled well in dual meets, won the 2014 SoCon Tournament, went 1-2 at the NCAA's and completed the campaign with a W/L record of 31-9. Imo, Aaron Walker has the potential, under The Citadel system, to become a multi-time NCAA AA.

165 – I anticipate that Terrell Forbes (So/NJ) will grab the starting spot at this weight. This past season Forbes won 11 bouts, wrestling at 157 and spot-starting some up at 174. I think he will have a good 2015, competing at 165. We shall see.

174 – I think Ken Radford (Sr/NC) will handle this weight. Radford started at 174 this past season (also wrestled at 165 and 184 for the Dawgs), placing fourth at the All-Academies, gaining third place at the 2014 SoCon's and completing the year 21-19.

Also, at this weight, I would like to mention Vincent Bellaran (RSJr/NJ). Bellaran started for The Citadel down at 165 pounds the 2013 season and, though not placing in the 2013 SoCon's, did go 12-14 for the year. He did not compete this past season, but word is that he's aiming to get some quality mat time the 2015 campaign and probably will cert at 174.

184 – I expect Jack Duane (Sr/SC) to start. This past season Mr. Duane started at 184, placed third at the SoCon's and completed the 2014 campaign with a W/L record of 18-9.

197 – NCAA qualifier Marshall Haas (RSJr) returns. Haas, from South Riding, Virginia, attended Patch American High School in Germany. He has started for The Citadel the past two years at 197 pounds.

The 2013 season Haas placed sixth at the Navy Classic, took fourth place at the SoCon's and concluded the year 17-19. This past season Mr. Haas again placed sixth at the Classic, gained fourth place at the All-Academies, wrestled well in dual meets, won the 2014 SoCon Tournament, competed in the 2014 NCAA Tournament (though 0-2) and finished the year 25-19.

285 – Joe Bexley (So/GA) started at heavy weight for The Citadel this past season as a true freshman. He soldiered through the year winning 11 bouts and gaining a wealth of Div I experience. I would say that Bexley, at this point, has the inside track to start again at heavy weight for the Dawgs, unless the Dawgs land a top hwt prospect.

Not relevant I know but I am good friends with Ty's older brother. Ty has been stuck behind the sort of studs the WPIAL turns out year after year keeping him from the state tournament. He made the best of the opportunity when he finally made it through. Personally I feel like he should've made the finals, but I was the long of the semislide so I understand. Best of luck to Ty and The Citadel this upcoming year
Topics Falcon doesn't know anything about- Cars, Binary, Accounting, and 13th Century Polish Literature

Offline Stove Pipe

• State Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2014, 10:48:49 AM »
^^The Columbia University wrestling program is under the astute leadership of head coach Carl Fronhofer, assisted by Roman Fleszar and Adam Hall. WR.com recently got a Columbia 2015 starting lineup projection from a Lion wrestling insider. Columbia is poised to have a good 2015 and continue it's upward path.

The Lions' 2015 projection is weight-by-weight and here we go.

125 – Our Rutgers insider expects the veteran Penn Gottfried (Sr/NY) to start. This past season Gottfried started for Columbia at 125 pounds, was runnerup at the New York Collegiates, finished top 12 at the powerful Midlands, soldiered through the dual-meet season, went 1-2 at the EIWA's and completed the 2014 campaign with a W/L record of 16-15.

133 – Expect Angelo Amenta (Jr/OH) to start. Amenta is a former two-time Ohio state place winner, who started for the Lions this past season at 133 pounds. He wrestled well in dual meets, placed fifth at the 2014 EIWA Tournament and completed the year 21-11.

141 – Both Ryan Ponte (Sr/MA) and Joe Moita (Jr/CA) are listed at 141, but there is the possibility that Ryan Ponte might compete up at 149 this coming season.

If Ryan Ponte certs at 141, I would assume that he might be the starter at that weight. This past season Mr. Ponte, however, started up at 149, went 2-2 at the 2014 EIWA's and logged a 14-11 record for the year.

This past season Joe Moita placed fourth in the New York Collegiates (at 133 pounds) and went 4-2 at the Edinboro Open (at 141).

149 – Our Lion insider lists Ryan Ponte and Elijah Sullivan (Jr/IA) at this weight. Ryan Ponte also is noted at 141, and I think he might have the inside track to start at which ever of the two weight he ends up. We shall see.

Elijah Sullivan enrolled at Columbia the fall of 2011 and went 7-5 his true freshman season of 2012, wrestling at 141 pounds. As I recall, Sullivan sat out the 2013 season and, moreover, did not compete the 2014 campaign. Word around the Lions' den, however, is that he is ready to compete again this coming season and aims to start at 149 pounds.

157 – NCAA qualifier Markus Scheidel will man this weight. Scheidel is a former Fargo freestyle champion, out of the St. Edward's (Ohio) stable. Scheidel started for Columbia this past season at 157, as a true freshman. He placed third at the New York Collegiates, finished top 12 at the Midlands, wrestled well in dual meets, was EIWA runnerup, went 1-2 at the 2014 NCAA Tournament and completed his rookie year 27-12.

165 – Expect the battle to start at this weight to be between Eric Fajardo (Sr/NJ) and incoming freshman Tyrel White. This past season Eric Fajardo won the New York Collegiates up at 174 pounds and went 7-2 on the year. Tyrel White placed third at the 2014 National Prep tournament, competing at 170 pounds for the Wyoming Seminary (PA).

174 – NCAA qualifier Shane Hughes (Sr/WI) will handle 174. This past season, starting for Columbia at 174, Hughes was Midlands runnerup, wrestled well in dual meets, placed sixth at the 2014 EIWA's, went 1-2 at the NCAA's and completed the 2014 campaign with a W/L mark of 23-10.

184 – NCAA qualifier Zach Hernandez (Jr/HI) will start again at this weight. This past season Mr. Hernandez placed fourth at the New York Collegiates, finished top 12 at the Midlands, grabbed fourth place at the EIWA's (thus qualifying for the Big Dance), competed in the 2014 NCAA Tournament (though 0-2) and finished the year 23-13.

197 – The two main contenders at this weight probably will be Matt Idelson (Sr/PA) and Troy Hembury (So/PA).

This past season Matt Idelson got quality time at 197 for the Lions, going 1-2 at the 2014 EIWA's and winning a total of eight bouts on the year.

Troy Hembury is a former PIAA AA runnerup out of Muncy in District IV. This past season Hembury won the Wilkes Open (at 184 pounds), placed second at the Hitchcock Open (at 197) and racked up a 16-5 record for his true frosh year. In April 2014 Hembury placed fourth in the FILA Jr freestyle tournament, competing at 96 kg.

285 – Our Columbia source lists Garrett Ryan (TrFr/AZ) and Wyatt Baker (Sr/CA) at heavy weight.

Offline Stove Pipe

• State Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2014, 11:12:52 AM »
^^DAVIDSON COLLEGE/2015

125 Philip Elias with help from Jordan Wang.
133 Anthony Elias with help from Dustin Runzo (incoming frosh)
141 James McCord and Alex Polinski.
149 Kevin Birmingham with help from Daniel Jones (incoming frosh)
157 Zach Colangelo (incoming frosh) and Dan Hagemann.
165 Nick Pappayliou and Pat Devlin.
174 Nathaniel Powers.
184 Donald Patrick with help from Ryan Devlin (incoming frosh).
197 Ian Solcz and Michael Moore and keep an eye on incoming frosh Brian Capps.
285 Eddie Isola with help from incoming frosh hwt Will Cooley out of Blair Academy.

^^DREXEL/2015

125 Tanner Shoap and Zack Fuentes.
133 Kevin Devoy.
141 David Pearce and John Dutrow.
149 I think Noel Blanco will start at this weight, unless he goes 157.  Matt Cimato will start, if Blanco moves up to 157, or will push Blanco for the starting spot. Geoff Verallis will add depth.
157 Austin Rose probable starter and, if Blanco at 157, Blanco likely will add depth.
165 Jason Fugiel and Nick Elmer.
174 Connor Moran.
184 Alex DeCiantis and Stephen Loiseau (incoming PIAA AA champ).
197 Deep weight.  Brandon Litten (RSFr/Texas), Nezar Haddad (incoming PIAA AAA runnerup) and Josh Murphy, who is an incoming frosh out of Ohio (IronMan 5th/Beast of the East 5th/ Ohio Div I fifth).  Also keep an eye on NY state qualifier Alex Foley.  Who wants it?  Who might be redshirted?
285 Word around the Drexel Dragon cave is that likely starter at hwt could be incoming frosh, Joey Goodhart, out of Hempfield Area, who was 2014 PIAA AAA seventh place.

Offline obrats

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2014, 12:24:47 PM »
Rutgers

125 – Josh Patrick
133 – Anthony Giraldi or Scott DelVecchio
141 – Anthony Ashnault
149 – Ken Thobold or Tyler Hunt
157 – Anthony Perrotti
165 – Nick Visicaro or Nick Gravina
174 – Phil Bakuckas
184 – Ethan Orr or Hayden Hrymack
197 – Anthony Campollatano (Jan 2015)
285 – Billy Smith

Offline Stove Pipe

• State Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2014, 01:20:47 PM »
^^OBRATS, Excellent assessment of Rutgers.  My onlyest comment might be that I think Sean McCabe and Josh Patrick might both be getting quality mat time at 125, as they sort it out. We shall see. Thanks.

Offline Stove Pipe

• State Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2014, 01:37:44 PM »
^^DUKE/2015

125 – Evan Botwin (RSSo/PA) is the likely starter at this weight. Botwin, who prepped at Wyoming Seminary in northeaster Pennsylvania, started for the Blue Devils this past season at 133 pounds. He was wrestling at 125, then second semester, was pressed into service up at 133. Botwin won five bouts on the year, including a 1-2 effort at the 2014 ACC Tournament.

Keep an eye on incoming freshman Thayer Atkins (Trinity Christian Academy/Texas), who, this past season placed at IronMan and Nat Preps.

133 – NCAA qualifier Brandon Gambucci (Sr/OH) will man this weight.

Gambucci started for the Blue Devils at 133 pounds the 2012 and 2013 seasons. For 2012 he was runnerup at the Virginia Tech Open, placed fourth at the NC State Open, took fourth place at the Keystone Classic, wrestled well through the dual-meet season, gained fourth place at the 2014 ACC Tournament and finished the year with a W/L record of 23-11.

The 2013 campaign Mr. Gambucci placed third at the Keystone Classic, again wrestled well in dual meets, was ACC runnerup (thus qualifying for the NCAA's), went 1-2 at the 2013 NCAA Tournament and completed the year 20-8.

This past season Gambucci was side-lined via injury much of the year and did not compete after the early January Southern Scuffle. We hope he has a healthy 2015.

Also, looks like good potential incoming frosh in Mitch Finesilver, who is a Colorado state champ and NHSCA place winner.  His brother probably will cert up at 141.

141 – Our Blue Devil insider lists Xaviel Ramos (So/NJ) and NCAA qualifier Tanner Hough (Jr/PA) at this weight.

Xavi Ramos, from NJ but prepped at McDonogh (MD), started for Duke at 141 this past season. He did not place at the 2014 ACC's but did soldier through the year with a total of eight wins.

Tanner Hough is quite talented. He started for the Blue Devils at 141 pounds as a true freshman the 2012 season. That campaign he wrestled very well through the season, gained a national ranking, placed fourth at the ACC's, competed in the 2012 NCAA Tournament (though 0-2) and completed the 2012 year with a W/L record of 22-14.

The 2013 season, as I recall, Hough was not 100 percent, did not place in the ACC's (at 141) and finished the campaign 19-20. The summer of 2013 Hough had ACL surgery and did not compete the 2014 season. We hope Mr. Hough has a healthy 2015.

Further, incoming frosh Zach Finesilver, a Colorado state champ and NHSCA placer, could add depth at 141.

149 – The battle to start at this weight probably will be between Connor Bass (So/IL) and Jake Faust (RSSo/OH).

Connor Bass is a former two-time Illinois state place winner who started for Duke at 149 this past season as a true freshman. He went 14-17 for the 2014 campaign, including a 1-2 at the ACC's.

This past season Jake Faust spot started and wrestled in open events at 149, going 17-8 for the year.

Keep an eye on incoming freshman Grant Leeth.  This past season Leeth placed third at IronMan and won the Missouri states at 152.

157 – NCAA qualifier Immanuel Kerr-Brown (Sr/GA) will man this weight.

From Rome, Georgia, Immanuel Kerr-Brown enrolled at Duke University the fall of 2010 and redshirted his true frosh year of 2011. The 2012 campaign he started for Duke at 157 and, though not placing in the 2012 ACC Tournament, won 18 bouts on the year.

The 2013 season Mr. Kerr-Brown again started for the Blue Devils at 157, again had an off-song ACC's (dnp), but completed the year with a good W/L record of 27-14. This past season Kerr-Brown, starting at 157, finished top12 at the huge Southern Scuffle, placed third at the ACC's (thus qualifying for the Big Dance), went 1-2 at the 2014 NCAA Tournament and finished the year 26-13.

165 – Our Duke insider lists Marcus Cain (RSJr/NC) and Randy Roden (Sr/GA) at this weight.

Marcus Cain is a former National Prep champ for the Northfield Mt. Herman prep school in Massachusetts. Cain is from Winston-Salem, NC, and I think he also might have wrestled for Parkland High School sometime before winning the National Preps in 2011.

Cain redshirted his true frosh year of 2012 at Duke. He competed unattached at 149 that campaign, went 22-6 and finished top12 at the Southern Scuffle. The 2013 season he started at 149, dnp at the ACC's, but went 22-11 on the year. 

This past season Cain cracked the starting lineup second semester at 165 pounds, again had an off-song ACC tournament (dnp) and completed the year 11-17.

Randy Roden is a former two-time Georgia state high school champion. He started for Duke at 174 pounds as a true freshman the 2012 season, and won 15 bouts on the year (dnp/ACC's). The 2013 and 2014 seasons Roden wrestled mostly at 165 pounds and won about a dozen bouts during those two years.

174 – Trey Adamson (RSJr/UT) will handle this weight.

Trey Adamson is from Riverton, Utah, but prepped at Bishop Lynch in Texas. He enrolled at Duke University the fall of 2011 and redshirted his true frosh year of 2012. That campaign Adamson went 15-8 competing unattached.

The 2013 season Mr. Adamson started for the Blue Devils at 174 pounds, wrestled well through the season, grabbed fourth place at the 2013 ACC Tournament and completed the year 22-16. This past season, again starting at 174, Adamson went 18-14, including 1-2 at the ACC's.

Further, I expect incoming frosh Luke Farinaro will cert at 174 and has good Div I potential.  This past season Farinaro placed fifth at the Beast of the East and was New Jersey state runnerup at 170 pounds, competing for Don Bosco Prep.

184 – Jacob Kasper (So/OH) started for Duke this past season at 184. I expect that he has the inside track to start again at 184 this coming season, with help from Dylan Ryan (RSJr/NH).

This past season Kasper won the Hokie Open, wrestled well in dual meets, went 1-2 at the ACC's and completed the 2014 campaign with a W/L record of 15-16.

Dylan Ryan, a former New Hampshire state champ out of Phillips Exeter Academy, has been wrestling at 184 his years at Duke and notched over a dozen wins.

197 – NCAA All-American Connor Hartmann (RSJr/WA) returns at this weight. This past season Mr. Hartmann had a break-out year. He won the Hokie Open, finished top12 at the Southern Scuffle, wrestled well in dual meets, placed third at the ACC's, hammered out an All-American fifth-place finish at the 2014 NCAA Tournament and completed the campaign 28-11.

285 – Brendan Walsh (RSJr/PA) is expected to start again at heavy weight. This past season Walsh won eight bouts including a 1-2 effort at the 2014 ACC Tournament.

Offline Stove Pipe

• State Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2014, 02:45:13 PM »
^^F&M/2015-

125 Jason Bing and Dan Mortoccio.
133 Robert Ruiz with help from Patrick Quinlan.
141 Rick Durso.
149 Sharron Townsend with help from Mike Marano.
157 Jacob Conners and Ekow Eshun.
165 Rob King with help from Andy Francos.
174 Colin Gironda with help from Gordon Bolig.
184 The 3 guys in hunt to start probably Paul Alessandrini, Adam Schroeder and Anthony Mancini.
197 Chuck Kerkesner with help from Antonio Pelusi.
197 Alex Henry with help from Isaiah Cromwell.

^^GARDNER-WEBB/2015

125 Cortez Starkes and Phillip William Anderson.
133 Brayden Hartley and Johnathan Spence.
141 Chris Vassar (staff is really high on this former PIAA AAA runnerup).
149 I think, when the smoke clears, Ryan Mosley will be the starter.  Probably will be pushed for the starting spot by Tyler “The Cincinnati Kid” Ziegler, Cole Graves and new kid out of Georgia Tyler Marinelli.  Also, keep an eye on incoming frosh Todd Hargis out of Tennessee.
157 Kyle Ash.
165 NCAA qualifier this past season - Austin Trott.
174 NCAA qualifier the 2013 season – Hunter Gamble.
184 Brett Stein and Gray Jones.
197 Boyce Cornwell.
285 Justin Kozera.

Offline Stove Pipe

• State Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2014, 03:05:59 PM »
^^I do NOT have inside information on the Harvard 2015 starting lineup projection, but, as you all know, not knowing something never stops me from posting. Harvard's wrestling program is under the expert leadership of Jay Weiss, assisted by Muzaffar Abdurakhmanov and J.P. O'Connor.

I am GUESSING and here we go-

125 – Max Mejia (Sr/AZ) 2014 went 1-7. Incoming frosh is Mason Miller, who 2014 was Iowa 2A 4th place at 113. Brad Perkins was 2013 Missouri state champ at 126 pounds, but was not competing this past season. I'd call this weight OPEN. Who is ready to step up?

133 – Assume Jeff Ott (Jr/MA) will start. 2013 Ott placed fifth in the EIWA's at 125 and went 21-15. Mr. Ott placed sixth in the 2014 EIWA's at 133 and went 9-11 for the year.

141 – Assume NCAA qualifier Todd Preston (Jr/NJ) will start. Preston had breakout 2014, placing second at the Keystone Classic, wrestled well in duals, won EIWA's (at 141) and selected OW, finished top12 at 2014 NCAA's and went 24-10 on the year.

149 - I would expect Patrick Hogan, from Peru, NY, to be back. Hogan sat out the 2014 year and competed for Finger Lakes WC. He would be a junior this coming fall. With Todd Preston at 141, I wonder if Hogan might be aiming at moving up a weight and starting at 149?

Nick Stager (Jr/CO) got some quality mat time this past season, starting at 149, going 1-2 at the 2014 EIWA's and winning four bouts on the year.

157 – Tyler Grimaldi (So/NY), started for Harvard the 2014 season at 157 as a true frosh; dnp/EIWA's and went 12-18 for the year.

165 – Assume Devon Gobbo (Jr/NJ) will start. He started the 2014 season at 165, finished top12 at the Midlands, wrestled well in duals, placed sixth at the 2014 EIWA's and completed the year 13-8.

I would expect young Colton Peppelman (So/PA) to add depth at 165. Peppelman placed 4th in the 2013 PIAA AAA Tournament, competing at 170 pounds for powerful Central Dauphin, but only went 2-6 this past season as true frosh at Harvard at 165/174. I would guess Peppelman will be significantly improved this coming season.

174 – I'd expect Eric Morris (So/PA) to start. Morris is a former Nat Prep and Pan Am Cadet champ, who should be poised for a break-out year. This past season, as a true frosh, he wrestled in fall tournaments (placed 4th at Bing Open) and spot started at 174, dnc at the 2014 EIWA's and won 15 bouts on the year.

184 – Open.

197 – I assume 3X NCAA qualifier James Fox (NJ) will man this weight again. His best EIWA finish was second in 2013 and has career W/L record of about 49-30. 

285 – I assume the battle to start at hwt will be between David Ng (Sr/NY) and Nick Gajdzik (Jr/MI). This past season Mr. Ng placed seventh in the 2014 EIWA Tournament and completed the year 12-10. Mr. Gajdzik went 4-7 for the 2014 campaign.

Offline Stove Pipe

• State Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2014, 06:24:45 PM »
^^HOFSTRA/2015-

125 Maverick Passaro. Travis Passero likely redshirt.
133 Kyle Krasavage.
141 Jamel Hudson.
149 Cody Ruggirello.
157 Jahlani Callender.
165 Nick Terdick.
174 Frank Affronti.
184 Jermaine John.
197 Cory Damiana.
285 Mike Hughes.

^^KENT STATE/2015-

125 Del Vinas and Anthony Tutolo.
133 Mack McGuire.
141 Tyler Small.
149 Mike DePalma.
157 Ian Miller.
165 Ty Buckwalter.
174 Caleb Marsh.
184 Sam Wheeler.
197 Cole Baxter.
285 Mimo Lytle and 2X PIAA AA champ Sam Breese.

Offline Stove Pipe

• State Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2014, 06:52:39 PM »
^^MARYLAND/2015 (Guessing)-

125 Billy Rappo starts with help from Paul O'Neill.
133 Geoff Alexander starts, with help from Tyler Goodwin (redshirt?) ; also I assume Ryan Diehl, who spend 2014 season at Liberty (NWCA club champ) will be enrolled at Maryland fall semester of 2014, but I don't anticipate he'll beat out “Cement Job” Alexander for the starting spot. Deep weight.
141 Shyheim Brown starts with help from Shane Arechiga and Daniel Sanchez.  Another deep weight for the Terps.
149 Incoming bluechip Alfred Bannister could start.  I don't know if the plan is to have him compete or redshirt.  Frank Goodwin will be a fifth-year senior and could start.  I don't know if Bannister can come in as true frosh and beat out the veteran Frank Goodwin. We shall see.
157 Louis Hernandez is another incoming frosh bluechip.  He could either start or redshirt.  Two veteran Terp middle weights are Lou Mascola and Ben Dorsay.
165 Guessing Josh Snook and Tyler Manion co-start.  HOWEVER, if high-octane incoming frosh Josh Llopez certs down at 165, then I assume UMD will take the leash off and start him.
174 If bluechip incoming frosh Josh Llopez certs at 174, then imo he should start at 174.  UMD likely needs Llopez in the lineup this coming season.
184 Could be problem weight.  Maybe Chris Jastrzebski will start?
197 Guessing Dylan Devine and Garrett Wesneski.
285 Spencer Myers.