Author Topic: Not One Word  (Read 2949 times)

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
  • Tolerate everthing but Intolerance
    • View Profile
Not One Word
« on: June 26, 2014, 02:00:19 PM »
About politics in the article I posted that Ray moved.n it only discussed religion.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark;  the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Bigotry disguised as religious liberty is still BIGOTRY

Offline fuhr

• LXP
  • Global Moderator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Not One Word
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 02:01:01 PM »
I'd suggest PMing Ray as opposed to starting another topic about it. 
Since Jammen has told me twice to change my signature, I can only assume his wrestling knowledge is no longer something I can count on along with pizza and beer.

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 02:05:33 PM »
I did.  But Inwant clarification for all, is religion forbidden too.  It clearly was religion not a single word about politics.  So is religion forbidden unless you're selling books under wrestling topics or not?
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark;  the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Offline Bob H.

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 02:56:58 PM »
If there is a topic we want to post, but aren't sure whether or not it would fall under a forbidden category, should we:

1.  Play it safe and not post it?

2.  Post it and hope for the best?

3.  Send it to a mod and ask for a ruling before posting?

4.  Something else?

All options have plusses and minuses.  For #1, self-censorship might eliminate some interesting topics that would be allowed.  #2 might annoy the mods and lead to banishment, especially if it happens several times.  #3 takes up the moderators' time and turns them into referees, which is part of the reason for eliminating the topics in the first place.

What is the best course of action?

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 03:15:30 PM »
If there is a topic we want to post, but aren't sure whether or not it would fall under a forbidden category, should we:

4.  Something else?

All options have plusses and minuses.  For #1, self-censorship might eliminate some interesting topics that would be allowed.  #2 might annoy the mods and lead to banishment, especially if it happens several times.  #3 takes up the moderators' time and turns them into referees, which is part of the reason for eliminating the topics in the first place.

Good discussion.  Would like to hear what the board of Directors intend.

Offline Jason Bryant

• Global Moderator
  • World Silver
  • Thou shalt not fist to the back
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mattalkonline.com
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2014, 03:17:27 PM »
I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it. -- Mitch Hedberg

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2014, 03:21:36 PM »

nice picture of your general character Jason. 

Offline Jason Bryant

• Global Moderator
  • World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2014, 03:34:42 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cs4Gj7JsET4

Infinity.

</thread>

Looks like a personal attack to me. Time to hit that report button.

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2014, 03:37:23 PM »

Infinity.

</thread>

Looks like a personal attack to me. Time to hit that report button.

Yeah I know Jason, but I figured I would just deal with your childishness crybaby behavior on my own.

Offline Jason Bryant

• Global Moderator
  • World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2014, 03:41:18 PM »
</ignore>

Bob,
You are the biggest crybaby on this board. Have always been and will always will be. That's not even speculation, that is a FACT.

And don't argue with me, you can't handle my intellectual superiority.

</thread>
</game over>

<insert last word here>
<ignore>

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2014, 03:43:26 PM »
</ignore>

Bob,
You are the biggest crybaby on this board. Have always been and will always will be. That's not even speculation, that is a FACT.

And don't argue with me, you can't handle my intellectual superiority.

</thread>
</game over>

<insert last word here>
<ignore>

I am sure your immature behavior is no surprise to you fellow moderators Jason.  It is a common occurrence around here.

Offline Jason Bryant

• Global Moderator
  • World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2014, 03:44:55 PM »
It says moderator next to my name, but guess what, that's not what I do. I'm not a moderator, don't want to be a moderator after dealing with boards for more than 10 years.

Not my role. My role is content creation. Your role is antagonistic troll.

Good day sir.

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2014, 03:47:48 PM »
It says moderator next to my name, but guess what, that's not what I do. I'm not a moderator, don't want to be a moderator after dealing with boards for more than 10 years.

Not my role. My role is content creation. Your role is antagonistic troll.

Good day sir.

Doesn't change the fact that you continually display immature childish behaviour such as your first post in this thread.

Offline Jason Bryant

• Global Moderator
  • World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2014, 03:53:08 PM »

Do you want to play the game where we find childish posts and reports in comparison?

If there's a scorecard for childish antics on this board, you're winning by about 1,000 points ... over everyone.

Offline fuhr

• LXP
  • Global Moderator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2014, 03:53:14 PM »

4.  Something else?

If it's political; obviously will become political  or you have an intent of posting a subject that you know will become political, skip it.  For example, separation of church and state.  While a person can claim it isn't political, but religious, there is a reasonable thought process that tells you, you know exactly where it will go to. 
If you honestly have a subject you want to talk about, that you don't think will venture down that road, please do.  At worst, it gets moved and locked, unless you repeatedly do the same thing, you won't run the risk of upsetting anyone  If you do, someone will address it with you before you get a vacation.

Here's the deal the best I understand it.  We want a fun place for people to post and discuss things.  That doesn't mean everyone has to be buddies and agree, but we also don't want every thread turning into the same thread over and over, complete with name calling and zero valued added posts.    Some will claim that flies in the face of why TOM was started.  If you feel that way, and this is me and in no way a reflection on the opinions of Ray or Viratas, start your own site and post whatever you want.  For the time being, and my understanding, one constant political fight with the same sides, saying the same things, over and over, is not what the TOM forums will be about. 

There will be some changes to the forums at some point, but it is down the line on the priority list at this time.  So for now please be respectful of what Ray has put in place. 

Sparky, I guess if your main concern is about the fairness of why some can post and others can't, I'd say write a book about wrestling and atheism, get it published, ask Ray or V if you can link it here to sell it, and then we'll know the answer to your question. 
Since Jammen has told me twice to change my signature, I can only assume his wrestling knowledge is no longer something I can count on along with pizza and beer.