Author Topic: Coach Sparky's atheism thread.  (Read 13885 times)

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
  • Tolerate everthing but Intolerance
    • View Profile
Coach Sparky's atheism thread.
« on: July 04, 2014, 01:58:17 PM »

I'm calling an audible.  Apologies to Ray and V if they hate the idea.  Sparky, all of your atheism links can go here.  Other posters who think he's just antagonizing, you now only have one thread to deal with.  It won't clutter the board, and should be easy to avoid if you don't want to deal with it.  -Fuhr

Christian PHD Student Interview an Athiest as Part of his Dissertation

Very Interesting

http://richarddawkins.net/dogmadebate/
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 07:22:20 PM by fuhr »
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark;  the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Bigotry disguised as religious liberty is still BIGOTRY

Offline Hardcore

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
As the self identified smartest man on this site and a man of science and reason what do you expect the outcome of this thread to be?

Look at the many similar threads that you have started with the same theme (pro atheist) and analyze the responses and the outcome of those threads. What makes you believe that this thread will be any different?

I believe that the reason that the other boards were locked is that once certain posters found a button to push to incite other posters they proceeded to push that button on every thread. This guaranteed that threads would follow the same path to a disruptive, divisive finish every time.

You claim to be a changed man yet you insist on following the same failed path that led to the current state of affairs here. The majority of posters who engaged in the bad behavior have dialed it back and are following the new rules. Why are you finding it so hard to do the same?

No good will come out of this thread. I am asking the mods to move it to the boneyard or to lock it.

Have a great 4th!

I almost forgot, Reported.

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
Yep, I am changed.  When is the last time you saw me reply to any post by name calling or even a hint of anger? 

Glad you waste your time reporting post that have zero violations in them.  Some people call that spinning your wheels, which means it is going nowhere.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark;  the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Offline Hardcore

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
I do not remember you posting with anger in the past so no change noted. You claimed that you never resorted to name calling so what change should I expect to see there?

Like I said earlier I do see the same types of threads being started by you. The poke the bear in the eye type meant to incite others while you sit back and giggle. No change.

Do you care to answer my question as to what change in outcome do you expect to see from this thread as compared to all of the similar themed threads that you have started in the past?

Reported

Offline ban basketball

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
As the self identified smartest man on this site and a man of science and reason what do you expect the outcome of this thread to be?

Look at the many similar threads that you have started with the same theme (pro atheist) and analyze the responses and the outcome of those threads. What makes you believe that this thread will be any different?

I believe that the reason that the other boards were locked is that once certain posters found a button to push to incite other posters they proceeded to push that button on every thread. This guaranteed that threads would follow the same path to a disruptive, divisive finish every time.

You claim to be a changed man yet you insist on following the same failed path that led to the current state of affairs here. The majority of posters who engaged in the bad behavior have dialed it back and are following the new rules. Why are you finding it so hard to do the same?

No good will come out of this thread. I am asking the mods to move it to the boneyard or to lock it.

Have a great 4th!

I almost forgot, Reported.
Guess what?  You're the first one to contribute to it being a "disruptive, divisive thread."

I'm personally a little tired of only a couple of people being blamed for all of the problems on here, all the while the finger pointers who contribute to these thread forget that it always takes two to tango.   ;)
"WELL WE LOVE DIVERSITY OF OPINIONS HERE AT THEOPENMAT! "-VISE GRIP 1-16-15   (NOW TELL HER HOW YOU HAD SPARKY AND ME BANNED).

RONSNAP/HERKEY, "FAITHFUL" UNI FAN THROUGH THICK AND THIN: "THE NEXT PROMO PIC WILL HAVE TO SAY (COLON) LOST TO THE NEW #1" AFTER TONIGHT...I HOPE."- 30 DEC 13, 04:04 PM

Offline Bob H.

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
I watched the video from the other thread (I said I would give it a try) for about two minutes before I got bored listening to the young girl jabber on.  She may have eventually gotten to the point, but I tired of waiting for her to get to it.

I do see irony in her desire to convert people to atheism instead of just living and letting live.

Offline MetsFan

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • AKA "everybody"
    • View Profile
Led Zeppelin.
There's always Bulgaria.

Offline ban basketball

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
Iron Butterfly
"WELL WE LOVE DIVERSITY OF OPINIONS HERE AT THEOPENMAT! "-VISE GRIP 1-16-15   (NOW TELL HER HOW YOU HAD SPARKY AND ME BANNED).

RONSNAP/HERKEY, "FAITHFUL" UNI FAN THROUGH THICK AND THIN: "THE NEXT PROMO PIC WILL HAVE TO SAY (COLON) LOST TO THE NEW #1" AFTER TONIGHT...I HOPE."- 30 DEC 13, 04:04 PM

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
I watched the video from the other thread (I said I would give it a try) for about two minutes before I got bored listening to the young girl jabber on.  She may have eventually gotten to the point, but I tired of waiting for her to get to it.

I do see irony in her desire to convert people to atheism instead of just living and letting live.

I say when Christians stop trying to convert atheist will no longer need to counter with the reasoned position.

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile

It is too bad you have such a short attention span Bob.

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
I do not remember you posting with anger in the past so no change noted. You claimed that you never resorted to name calling so what change should I expect to see there?

Like I said earlier I do see the same types of threads being started by you. The poke the bear in the eye type meant to incite others while you sit back and giggle. No change.

Do you care to answer my question as to what change in outcome do you expect to see from this thread as compared to all of the similar themed threads that you have started in the past?

Reported

Odd that you do not remember that those were the charges hurled at me.  I know I always contend and still do that I never started the attacks but was only responding to attacks.  But I even stopped that , your two personal attacks in the other thread were not responded to in kind but were simply REPORTED.

Offline Bob H.

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile

Not a short attention span, just didn't ant to waste any more time on the natterings of a young kid.

Offline FiveWords

• DIII
    • View Profile
And the beat goes on...

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile

Not a short attention span, just didn't ant to waste any more time on the natterings of a young kid.

From the mouths of babes Bob.

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
And the beat goes on...

Who are sonny and Cher?