Author Topic: Coach Sparky's atheism thread.  (Read 35805 times)

Offline Hardcore

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
Your failure to answer my question is all of the answer that I expected. This tread just being attempt to rile folks that do not believe as you do and being a clear violation of the new rules banning topics that were the providence of the two dead boards.

Case in point: The link that you provided brings me to a site whose mission statement is evolution based and they proudly present there stance on the topic.

"The foundation focuses on alarming statistics. Both of which have serious implication for America’s ability to innovate and compete in the 21st century:

1)    Forty-six percent of Americans tell pollsters human beings arrived on this earth in their present form within the last 10,000 years. (Gallup, 2012)

2)    Fifty-three percent of Americans say they are unlikely to vote for a politician who is an atheist on that basis alone — a percentage that far exceeds the number of Americans who say they won’t vote for a gay politician or a even an adulterer. (Pew Research Center, 2014)

Think about it. A huge percentage of Americans reject what we know about human evolution. And more than half of Americans say they are less likely to vote for a candidate simply due to the fact they subscribe to an evidence-based view of the natural world. Meanwhile, politicians who say the earth is fewer than 10,000 years old routinely win election."

This thread is a clear violation of both the intent and the letter of the new rules. Will the mods please move this thread to the evolution board where it belongs.

Reported.

Offline MetsFan

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • AKA "everybody"
    • View Profile
Iron Butterfly

Care to explain the relevance?
There's always Bulgaria.

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
  • Tolerate everthing but Intolerance
    • View Profile
Your failure to answer my question is all of the answer that I expected. This tread just being attempt to rile folks that do not believe as you do and being a clear violation of the new rules banning topics that were the providence of the two dead boards.

Case in point: The link that you provided brings me to a site whose mission statement is evolution based and they proudly present there stance on the topic.

"The foundation focuses on alarming statistics. Both of which have serious implication for America’s ability to innovate and compete in the 21st century:

1)    Forty-six percent of Americans tell pollsters human beings arrived on this earth in their present form within the last 10,000 years. (Gallup, 2012)

2)    Fifty-three percent of Americans say they are unlikely to vote for a politician who is an atheist on that basis alone — a percentage that far exceeds the number of Americans who say they won’t vote for a gay politician or a even an adulterer. (Pew Research Center, 2014)

Think about it. A huge percentage of Americans reject what we know about human evolution. And more than half of Americans say they are less likely to vote for a candidate simply due to the fact they subscribe to an evidence-based view of the natural world. Meanwhile, politicians who say the earth is fewer than 10,000 years old routinely win election."

This thread is a clear violation of both the intent and the letter of the new rules. Will the mods please move this thread to the evolution board where it belongs.

Reported.

The video had no  items that were a violation of the rules.  It younger going to start claiming that a site with topics that violate the rule cannot be linked to, then I will start checking every site and report any thread that links to a site even remotely offending the rules.  I don't believe anyone thinks that is appropriate but you.  I actually think your sole purpose is to attempt to sabotage any thread I start.  Why is what I cannot figure?  You are clearly an existing or former poster who is pissed off that I have not been banned from this site and set up another screen name to mount your attacks.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark;  the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Bigotry disguised as religious liberty is still BIGOTRY

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
That is "If you are" not "it younger."  Hate this IPad.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark;  the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Offline FiveWords

• DIII
    • View Profile

Then turn off the auto-correction.  ::)

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile

Then turn off the auto-correction.  ::)

Don't be sad five.  Just tell me how the heck to do that?

Offline FiveWords

• DIII
    • View Profile
An engineer who can't google?  :o

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
An engineer who can't google?  :o

Just admit you don't know how five.

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Coach Sparky's atheism thread.
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2014, 08:28:57 PM »
Me thinks someone does not understand the rules and I am not referring to fuhr.

Offline ban basketball

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
Iron Butterfly

Care to explain the relevance?

Led Zeppelin and Iron Butterfly have always been discussed as symbolically dichotmous band names.

Nothing more complex than that...  :-[
"WELL WE LOVE DIVERSITY OF OPINIONS HERE AT THEOPENMAT! "-VISE GRIP 1-16-15   (NOW TELL HER HOW YOU HAD SPARKY AND ME BANNED).

RONSNAP/HERKEY, "FAITHFUL" UNI FAN THROUGH THICK AND THIN: "THE NEXT PROMO PIC WILL HAVE TO SAY (COLON) LOST TO THE NEW #1" AFTER TONIGHT...I HOPE."- 30 DEC 13, 04:04 PM

Offline MetsFan

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • AKA "everybody"
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2014, 10:54:40 PM »
Gotcha. I was thinking along the lines of "The Song Remains the Same" with my post.
There's always Bulgaria.

Offline Rain

• Section Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2014, 11:02:30 PM »
Iron Butterfly, meh. Rambling picks, tedious monotonous drums, and a vocal who lacked the range of tonal color necessary to be interesting and distinct.  8)

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
I actually think your sole purpose is to attempt to sabotage any thread I start.  Why is what I cannot figure?

Because every thread you start contains nothing but garbage and you habitually post links supporting your obsession with LGBT and religion, and with no commentary. 

No one gives a coons ass about your LGBT and religious beliefs.  Politics and Evolution shut down solely because of your disruptive and argumentative attitude.  Don't give me that "well others have religion posts" crappola, they were all posted before Evolution was designated the site.

GO AWAY !

Get the hint?  Pull your freakin plug and go bug some other site.  You're unwanted here. You add zero value and solely succeed in disrupting the community.

Get the hint?  GO AWAY !

We're tired of your continuous harassment and self defense of your religious obsessions.

Get it..GO AWAY !

Offline ban basketball

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2014, 11:21:05 PM »
Iron Butterfly, meh. Rambling picks, tedious monotonous drums, and a vocal who lacked the range of tonal color necessary to be interesting and distinct.  8)
Not a fan myself; just pointing out and having fun with the irony in names.

As for Zeppelin, well, definitely a fan.   :) 
"WELL WE LOVE DIVERSITY OF OPINIONS HERE AT THEOPENMAT! "-VISE GRIP 1-16-15   (NOW TELL HER HOW YOU HAD SPARKY AND ME BANNED).

RONSNAP/HERKEY, "FAITHFUL" UNI FAN THROUGH THICK AND THIN: "THE NEXT PROMO PIC WILL HAVE TO SAY (COLON) LOST TO THE NEW #1" AFTER TONIGHT...I HOPE."- 30 DEC 13, 04:04 PM

Offline Hardcore

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile

Reported.

The video had no  items that were a violation of the rules.  It younger going to start claiming that a site with topics that violate the rule cannot be linked to, then I will start checking every site and report any thread that links to a site even remotely offending the rules.  I don't believe anyone thinks that is appropriate but you.  I actually think your sole purpose is to attempt to sabotage any thread I start.  Why is what I cannot figure?  You are clearly an existing or former poster who is pissed off that I have not been banned from this site and set up another screen name to mount your attacks.

My sole purpose is not to sabotage any thread that you start. It is to express my displeasure at your attempt to have the Off Topic board go the way of the Politic and Evolution boards. The Off Topic board has always been the fun board. The place to hang out and enjoy. It was never an angry place like the two banned boards. Your last two "religion" threads would have fit nicely on the banned boards and I would have had no issue with them. I did not post on those boards and did not care what went on over there. I am sorry that those boards are no longer available to you. You played a part in their demise so you share some of the blame. Deal with it. The crap that went on over there does not have a home here.