Author Topic: Coach Sparky's atheism thread.  (Read 13765 times)

Offline ban basketball

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
Re: Coach Sparky's atheism thread.
« Reply #105 on: August 13, 2014, 04:13:49 PM »
Some people just seem oblivious to the true meaning of the separation of church and state.  It is not about government forcing a religious view on people or even about an explicit statement endorsing a religion.  It is all about implicit endorsements of religion by the government.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/08/13/elisabeth-hasselbeck-links-atheists-forcing-prayer-out-of-school-to-christian-deaths-in-iraq/

If one could find three people more un-Christian than those goofballs on the segment, please direct me to where they are and I'll say a prayer for them.

To even imply that Christians are being persecuted in the U.S. perfectly illustrates how few times they've ever been in a Christian church, or known where to look for one.
"WELL WE LOVE DIVERSITY OF OPINIONS HERE AT THEOPENMAT! "-VISE GRIP 1-16-15   (NOW TELL HER HOW YOU HAD SPARKY AND ME BANNED).

RONSNAP/HERKEY, "FAITHFUL" UNI FAN THROUGH THICK AND THIN: "THE NEXT PROMO PIC WILL HAVE TO SAY (COLON) LOST TO THE NEW #1" AFTER TONIGHT...I HOPE."- 30 DEC 13, 04:04 PM

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
  • Tolerate everthing but Intolerance
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 22, 2014, 02:14:03 PM »
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark;  the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Bigotry disguised as religious liberty is still BIGOTRY

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 26, 2014, 10:47:17 AM »
Excellent book resource for young parents.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1908675292?tag=daarbl-20

The Christian Right is overtaking our public school system. Atheists are one of the fastest growing minorities in the US. The Christian Right is primed and ready to proselytize to our children and it is up to us to give them the tools to stand up against them. Our children should question authority, even us and come to their own conclusions using evidence and reason. The fight for equality in the US rests in the hands of those willing to fight for a secular nation... Parenting Without God is a book for atheist parents who are seeking guidance on raising freethinkers in a Christian dominated nation. No longer can parents stay in the closet and deny their atheism through fear of it hurting their children in some way. As responsible parents we must be open and vocal about the necessary secularization of our country through politics and education, and raise our children to embrace secular values. The time is now to come out and join your local and national atheist and secular community and stand up for the separation of church and state. You have a responsibility to promote not only freedom of religion but also freedom from religion. Parenting Without God is the call to action and the kindle that will light the flame for atheists everywhere to take on the challenge of making the world a better place for our children.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark;  the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 26, 2014, 04:58:50 PM »
Interesting article about Christian vandalism.

http://unitedcor.org/national/news/godless-road-sign-vandalized-chico

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 01, 2014, 06:04:16 PM »
Article supporting the growing disbelief in an historical Jesus.  Some of you made it out as almost unheard of several months back.

http://mobile.rawstory.com/all/2014-08-30-did-the-historical-jesus-exist-a-growing-number-of-scholars-dont-think-so

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 01, 2014, 06:12:02 PM »
This story is more of the typical fair about a humanist/atheist being harassed for exercising his constitutional rights.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2014/08/29/florida-mayor-kicks-atheist-out-of-city-commission-meeting-after-he-doesnt-stand-for-the-invocation-or-pledge/

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 04, 2014, 11:38:30 AM »

Offline jammen

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 05, 2014, 09:20:13 AM »
Tax the churches.

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 05, 2014, 09:31:55 AM »

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 05, 2014, 09:32:44 AM »
Air Force changes enlistment oath to require "so help me God". 

http://www.airforcetimes.com/article/20140904/NEWS05/309040066/Group-Airman-denied-reenlistment-refusing-say-help-me-God-

Jammen, thanks for sharing.  I saw that this morning too.

Offline jammen

• National Team
    • View Profile
Tax the churches.

Offline jammen

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 13, 2014, 10:14:32 AM »
14 year old boy faces two years in prison for simulating oral sex with Jesus statue.

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2014/09/pennsylvania-teenager-hump-oral-sex-jesus-statue-prison
Tax the churches.

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 13, 2014, 10:48:31 AM »
I'm sure he will get all the oral sex he wants now.  What a loon.

Strange the LGBT advocacy group would come to the defense.  Certainly they don't want "hate speech".
Several are on "ignore".   I won't argue with the ignorant and disrespectful..
 "People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive" ~ Blaise Pascal

Offline Hardcore

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 13, 2014, 11:56:24 AM »
MAGISTRATE!