Poll

Should Coach Sparky Banned for The Open Mat /

Yes
21 (84%)
No
4 (16%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Voting closed: August 03, 2014, 10:02:37 PM

Author Topic: Official Poll to Ban Coach Sparky  (Read 6516 times)

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
Official Poll to Ban Coach Sparky
« on: July 20, 2014, 10:02:37 PM »
Official Poll to Ban Coach Sparky from future access to The Open Mat..

One of two registered members that have literally killed the camaraderie of the Open Mat through obsessively argumentative and disruptive behavior.  Notably he offers zero value to the promotion of wrestling and the wrestling community.

Let your voice be heard.

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
  • Tolerate everthing but Intolerance
    • View Profile
Re: Official Poll to Ban Coach Sparky
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 10:27:39 AM »
Because cannot treat us with respect, and yet we follow all the rules of the board, you want to be spiteful.  Good job Ryou, showing your true colors.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark;  the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Bigotry disguised as religious liberty is still BIGOTRY

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 10:29:31 AM »
Oh and btw,ni would put my work and promotion for the sport of wrestling up against all but a few who post on this site.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark;  the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Offline heelpick

• DI
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 01:33:13 PM »
Ryou, you may want to look in the mirror and research some of the other posters before pointing fingers.  Ban and Sparky are not the sole instigators in any given argument.

Offline ban basketball

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 10:20:20 AM »
Considering the apparent new tone and atmosphere that is trying to be created here, I find it a tadbit disheartening that these two nonsensical and antagonistic threads were allowed to stay for one hour, let alone for this long.

You can also add the "Vortex thread"  that Ryou, the model of decency, also started and has been allowed to continue with no reprimend.   ???
"WELL WE LOVE DIVERSITY OF OPINIONS HERE AT THEOPENMAT! "-VISE GRIP 1-16-15   (NOW TELL HER HOW YOU HAD SPARKY AND ME BANNED).

RONSNAP/HERKEY, "FAITHFUL" UNI FAN THROUGH THICK AND THIN: "THE NEXT PROMO PIC WILL HAVE TO SAY (COLON) LOST TO THE NEW #1" AFTER TONIGHT...I HOPE."- 30 DEC 13, 04:04 PM

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2014, 11:23:01 AM »
The voting results are interesting, I must say.

mspart

Offline ban basketball

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2014, 01:25:56 PM »
The voting results are interesting, I must say.

mspart
Yes, and a VERY positive thread that contributes to the good of this community!  Absolutely NO REVENGE being sought from ol' Ryou, eh, ms?   8)
"WELL WE LOVE DIVERSITY OF OPINIONS HERE AT THEOPENMAT! "-VISE GRIP 1-16-15   (NOW TELL HER HOW YOU HAD SPARKY AND ME BANNED).

RONSNAP/HERKEY, "FAITHFUL" UNI FAN THROUGH THICK AND THIN: "THE NEXT PROMO PIC WILL HAVE TO SAY (COLON) LOST TO THE NEW #1" AFTER TONIGHT...I HOPE."- 30 DEC 13, 04:04 PM

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2014, 04:44:20 PM »
At 17 votes to ban Sparky to 3 votes not to ban Sparky, I'd say those are interesting results. 

mspart

Offline ban basketball

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2014, 04:51:48 PM »
At 17 votes to ban Sparky to 3 votes not to ban Sparky, I'd say those are interesting results. 

mspart

Yes, and very productive to a newly revamped forum that is trying to stop this kind of b.s.

Ah, it's gonna be fun soon!

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2014, 04:59:09 PM »
It's all cool.  I could care less what people think of me.  Character, honesty, compassion and integrity are what count and I have all of them.

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2014, 06:06:25 PM »
I forgot courage and openness two more traits which thankfully I possess as well.  Gosh aren't I humble?   Nahhh that is not  a trait I possess.

Offline Rain

• Section Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2014, 06:57:17 PM »
Enlightening.

How to Identify Self Absorbed People

Self-centered people are easy to identify but difficult to handle. They love to talk, mainly about themselves, and can be quite dismissive about the point of view of others.

Absorbed by their grandiosity, they look down on others with an air of superiority that is frequently displayed in the way they behave toward them with a "holier than thou" attitude.

This type of person is also defined by others as being incredibly annoying. We have all dealt with them in our personal relationships, brief acquaintances, in the work place, and on the streets.

Self-Centeredness and its Roots in Narcissism

What makes self-centered behaviors so annoying to others is that they indicate a total disregard for the other person's opinion, value, or existence.

It appears that it's uncomfortable for self-centered people to be attentive for more than five minutes before they draw attention back to themselves to make their point which they believe to be correct.

These behaviors may have their roots in certain behavioral or personality traits that influence how the self-centered person approaches his/her environment and interacts with others.

These traits loosely fall under the definition for Narcissistic Personality which may involve a cluster of traits or a clinical diagnosis of a personality disorder. This can produce behaviors that affect the individual's ability to have healthy social interactions and close personal relationships.

Narcissistic Personality Disorder is said to possibly be a result of overly indulgent parenting styles. They include but are not limited to the following list of traits and characteristics:

-Self-absorption
-Excessive self-love
-Need for admiration and/or fame
-Lack of empathy or concern for others
-Unrealistic sense of entitlement
-Demanding
-Manipulative
-Vanity and pre-occupation with appearance
-Self-assured cockiness

Unfortunately, it is difficult to contend with a self-centered person whose behavior is most likely related to imbedded traits of their personality that may not easily change.

It is well-known in the field of psychology that most personality disorders are not easy to treat.

Therefore, we are left to maneuver around or tolerate the annoying behaviors of those with whom we interact in our personal lives, work settings, or in public.

Offline Rain

• Section Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2014, 07:29:39 PM »
Funny thing is I almost mover talk about myself.

Followed by...

I find that so boring.  I enjoy science, education, religion and politics as topics so much mor interesting.

You crack me up Sparky. If the "I" key popped off your, BanBasketball, and Sgallan's keyboards the Internet would never hear from you guys again.  :D

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2014, 07:30:28 PM »
Enlightening.

How to Identify Self Absorbed People

Self-centered people are easy to identify but difficult to handle. They love to talk, mainly about themselves, and can be quite dismissive about the point of view of others.

Absorbed by their grandiosity, they look down on others with an air of superiority that is frequently displayed in the way they behave toward them with a "holier than thou" attitude.

This type of person is also defined by others as being incredibly annoying. We have all dealt with them in our personal relationships, brief acquaintances, in the work place, and on the streets.

Self-Centeredness and its Roots in Narcissism

What makes self-centered behaviors so annoying to others is that they indicate a total disregard for the other person's opinion, value, or existence.

It appears that it's uncomfortable for self-centered people to be attentive for more than five minutes before they draw attention back to themselves to make their point which they believe to be correct.

These behaviors may have their roots in certain behavioral or personality traits that influence how the self-centered person approaches his/her environment and interacts with others.

These traits loosely fall under the definition for Narcissistic Personality which may involve a cluster of traits or a clinical diagnosis of a personality disorder. This can produce behaviors that affect the individual's ability to have healthy social interactions and close personal relationships.

Narcissistic Personality Disorder is said to possibly be a result of overly indulgent parenting styles. They include but are not limited to the following list of traits and characteristics:

-Self-absorption
-Excessive self-love
-Need for admiration and/or fame
-Lack of empathy or concern for others
-Unrealistic sense of entitlement
-Demanding
-Manipulative
-Vanity and pre-occupation with appearance
-Self-assured cockiness

Unfortunately, it is difficult to contend with a self-centered person whose behavior is most likely related to imbedded traits of their personality that may not easily change.

It is well-known in the field of psychology that most personality disorders are not easy to treat.

Therefore, we are left to maneuver around or tolerate the annoying behaviors of those with whom we interact in our personal lives, work settings, or in public.

Funny thing is I almost never talk about myself.  I find that so boring.  I enjoy science, education, religion and politics as topics so much more interesting.

And all the people I have helped by volunteering at church, schools, wrestling clubs and wrestling event would most certainly be shocked to know some people find me even slightly self centered.  But go figure when you are opinionated, not afraid to speak your mind about topics and not willing to be walked all over by blowhard conservative, you are going to make enemies among them.

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2014, 07:32:10 PM »
Funny thing is I almost mover talk about myself.

Followed by...

I find that so boring.  I enjoy science, education, religion and politics as topics so much mor interesting.

You crack me up Sparky. If the "I" key popped off your, BanBasketball, and Sgallan's keyboards the Internet would never hear from you guys again.  :D

Yes, you do have to use I so state your own opinion.