Author Topic: NWCA at it again  (Read 6820 times)

Offline fuhr

• LXP
  • Global Moderator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: NWCA at it again
« Reply #60 on: August 25, 2014, 08:19:09 PM »
First off, lets be clear, I have never said I don't like trackwrestling. What I don't like is how as a coach I'm forced to pay for their usage every tournament I run. If I want to use their software, that should be my choice. I shouldn't be told I have to, nor should they be going to our state association looking to make deals, that cost my program money. Especially when none of that was discussed with the coaches association before the OSAA made the deal under the disguise that it would make things better. All its done is cost my program money and time wasted on the NWCA's stupid, useless paperwork and "weight management" program that does nothing to manage weight.

2nd, if Flo is trying to take out Trackwrestling, which is what I've heard, so be it. However, if I'm going to be forced to use their service as well, I'll be just as vocal about that.

Again.  Your problem is with your state association not anyone else.  Track isn't forcing anyone to do anything and are in business to make money.  You're tilting at windmills
Since Jammen has told me twice to change my signature, I can only assume his wrestling knowledge is no longer something I can count on along with pizza and beer.

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theowf.net
« Reply #61 on: August 25, 2014, 11:01:02 PM »
My problem is with both. Track could've given team discounts or offered a cheaper version considering they were going after every single tournament, every weekend. Instead, they knew state associations wouldn't care what the price was because they weren't footing the bill.
"Really? Well please tell your father-in-law that he is a freaking idiot."

Offline fuhr

• LXP
  • Global Moderator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 25, 2014, 11:33:29 PM »
My problem is with both. Track could've given team discounts or offered a cheaper version considering they were going after every single tournament, every weekend. Instead, they knew state associations wouldn't care what the price was because they weren't footing the bill.

You run a business Rock.  Isn't the goal to make money?  If I could get the state of Illinois to force every school to serve only my pizza, and no one else, I'd consider that a very good day and a success.  Track shouldn't have to discount their product if they feel it is worth the money.  If it isn't someone else will do it cheaper and better and force them to change.  Your issue is with your state association, not a company trying to make money.
Since Jammen has told me twice to change my signature, I can only assume his wrestling knowledge is no longer something I can count on along with pizza and beer.

Offline AFHawk86

• National Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 26, 2014, 09:12:33 AM »

You run a business Rock.  Isn't the goal to make money?  If I could get the state of Illinois to force every school to serve only my pizza, and no one else, I'd consider that a very good day and a success.  Track shouldn't have to discount their product if they feel it is worth the money.  If it isn't someone else will do it cheaper and better and force them to change.  Your issue is with your state association, not a company trying to make money.
Here, here.  +1
virtus tentamine gaudet - strength rejoices in the challenge

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theowf.net
« Reply #64 on: August 26, 2014, 12:11:01 PM »

Wrong again. I'm in business to provide a good service at a reasonable price. Not rob people blind and screw people over in the process. That's exactly what is wrong with today's business. Everyone is out to get there's and don't give a rats ass about customers.
"Really? Well please tell your father-in-law that he is a freaking idiot."

Offline fuhr

• LXP
  • Global Moderator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 26, 2014, 12:40:52 PM »

Wrong again. I'm in business to provide a good service at a reasonable price. Not rob people blind and screw people over in the process. That's exactly what is wrong with today's business. Everyone is out to get there's and don't give a rats ass about customers.

I'd ask again if you know the financials of track and how long and how much debt they took on before ever having one penny in the black?  How much do they show in the black now?  How many more people are they putting to work with their product?  You don't know they are trying to screw people over at all.  If that is the case, someone will come a long and do it cheaper and possibly better. 

And yes, you are in business to make money, or you won't be in business long.  I know this, you don't get to even just break even on a business.