Author Topic: Stroker chooses Gophers  (Read 3813 times)

Offline grappler6

• Varsity
    • View Profile
Stroker chooses Gophers
« on: August 19, 2014, 10:49:16 PM »
Welcome to MN Fredy! Great Choice!

Offline MNRodent

• Junior High
    • View Profile
Re: Stroker chooses Gophers
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 11:24:17 PM »
I think that working with the Ness brothers will be great for him.

Offline grappler6

• Varsity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 08:56:06 AM »
"I literally have dreams of coming back to Carver-Hawkeye Arena in a maroon and gold singlet," said Stroker.

http://intermatwrestle.com/articles/13411

Offline jammen

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 10:22:49 AM »
And the Iowa board has went from "he has academic issues"  to "we didn't want him anyway".  You just can't make this stuff up.
Tax the churches.

Offline grappler6

• Varsity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 10:47:58 AM »
https://twitter.com/theFSIII/status/501967942339162112

More to come....

Ya Iowa response has been interesting. I don't recall the Minnesota fan base being rude towards Stoll or Gross. Sure we were disappointed, but still wished them well. Didn't question their academics or integrity or parent's integrity. All that negative attention does is reassure the recruit that they made the right decision.

Offline grappler6

• Varsity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2014, 11:01:28 AM »
also want to clarify it has not been all on Iowa's message board, but a noticable amount.

Offline ban basketball

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2014, 11:22:36 AM »
Not sure how many more times that I can say that the Sqwawkeyes eat their own.
"WELL WE LOVE DIVERSITY OF OPINIONS HERE AT THEOPENMAT! "-VISE GRIP 1-16-15   (NOW TELL HER HOW YOU HAD SPARKY AND ME BANNED).

RONSNAP/HERKEY, "FAITHFUL" UNI FAN THROUGH THICK AND THIN: "THE NEXT PROMO PIC WILL HAVE TO SAY (COLON) LOST TO THE NEW #1" AFTER TONIGHT...I HOPE."- 30 DEC 13, 04:04 PM

Offline Serial Thriller

• LXP
  • World Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2014, 04:50:23 PM »
And the Iowa board has went from "he has academic issues"  to "we didn't want him anyway".  You just can't make this stuff up.

We don't need him. Iowa has never had problems at 149....   ???
There's a growing anti-intellectual strain in this country. It may be the beginning of the end of our informed democracy. -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Offline kingpeezy

• OW
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2014, 07:45:56 AM »

Well, according to Stroker, the coaching staff at Iowa didn't even contact him after July 1st so I think it is safe to say that the people that matter didn't want him. Now the rationalization and justification by some of the idiots over there is a completely different story.

But hey, can't rip on that board too much. Every forum has its idiots (some even share). But the Iowa board is one of the most trafficked wretsling forums on the web so it would make sense to have more idiots than the rest.

Offline jammen

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2014, 10:03:41 AM »

Well, according to Stroker, the coaching staff at Iowa didn't even contact him after July 1st so I think it is safe to say that the people that matter didn't want him.

or vice versa.
Tax the churches.

Offline Wire

• Most Pins
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2014, 07:18:56 AM »

Well, according to Stroker, the coaching staff at Iowa didn't even contact him after July 1st so I think it is safe to say that the people that matter didn't want him.

or vice versa.

Is Iowa getting stale for the kids?  With Arizona on board now, and some other good coaching changes happening ..... Maybe the Iowa allure is fading?  Damn !!! UW is a great campus, and as of lately Seattle is the 2nd fastest growing city in the USA. We really, really, really need to get a team back on the mats up here!!
I finally became the man, my dog always thought I was.

Offline gg121and2

• Redshirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2014, 08:28:09 AM »

or vice versa.

Is Iowa getting stale for the kids?  With Arizona on board now, and some other good coaching changes happening ..... Maybe the Iowa allure is fading?  Damn !!! UW is a great campus, and as of lately Seattle is the 2nd fastest growing city in the USA. We really, really, really need to get a team back on the mats up here!!

Wire, based on an entire 30 minutes of online research and the profiles of schools that have added wrestling in the past 2-3 years, how crazy would it be to have the entire Cascade Conference add both men's and women's wrestling?

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theowf.net
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2014, 03:30:25 PM »
One person I read stated that WA is the most liberal state in the US, thus the reason why they will never add wrestling at the college level(D1). The more I think about it, the more I agree.
"Really? Well please tell your father-in-law that he is a freaking idiot."

Offline coachsparky

• Get a Job
  • Tolerate everthing but Intolerance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2014, 04:38:32 PM »
One person I read stated that WA is the most liberal state in the US, thus the reason why they will never add wrestling at the college level(D1). The more I think about it, the more I agree.

I honestly don't know how anyone could say being a politically liberal or conservative state has any impact whatsoever on adding wrestling programs.  Make no sense at all to make such a statement with no facts to back it up. ???
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark;  the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Bigotry disguised as religious liberty is still BIGOTRY

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theowf.net
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2014, 05:23:54 PM »
Looks like Larry Early has committed to the Gophers.
"Really? Well please tell your father-in-law that he is a freaking idiot."