Poll

What is the most dishonest profession?

Prostitution
Politics
Legal
Journalism

Author Topic: Worlds most dishonest profession  (Read 8205 times)

Offline TobusRex

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Worlds most dishonest profession
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2014, 12:32:24 AM »
Should put "talking head for Fox News" on your list Visegrip. Or better yet just simply "conservative talking head". Fox News has been found to tell the TRUTH only 18% of the time! Rush Limbaugh, another cultural hero for the rightwing, has been found to tell the WHOLE TRUTH only 7% of the time, and SOME TRUTH another 7% of the time. Frankly I don't know anybody from your list of 4 professions that lies as much as Fox News or Rush.
Have you got to get rid of all your knowledge and all your common sense to save your soul? - Clarence Darrow

Offline TobusRex

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2014, 12:35:54 AM »
Just curious....why do you have prostitution listed as a "dishonest profession"? Seems pretty straight up to me...you pay for her services, she renders them, bam....transaction complete. Unless you paid up front and found out later it was a Ladyboy or she raised the price after the fact I don't see anything "dishonest" about the act. Illegal certainly (at least in this country), but not dishonest.
Have you got to get rid of all your knowledge and all your common sense to save your soul? - Clarence Darrow

Offline Intensity guru

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • MEMENTO MORI
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2014, 12:45:41 AM »
I agree.

What's dishonest about prostitution? You want a BJ. They're selling BJ's. You pay money and you get a BJ.
I always bring my hips to the party.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2014, 11:22:15 AM »
Prostitution was added for comparison purposes as it is an illegal profession.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline TobusRex

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2014, 09:41:08 AM »
Since you won't put any of my suggestions on the list I'll go with politicians.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2014, 11:18:58 AM »
BTW.... The NYTimes has just published the home address of Darren Wilson. Not even politicians have stooped this low.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell