Author Topic: A formal request to re-enable editing of posts  (Read 2368 times)

Offline Gantry

• National Champ
    • View Profile
A formal request to re-enable editing of posts
« on: November 08, 2014, 09:40:00 am »
Think it was disabled because of some heated discussions and people changing their posts.  Seems like things have calmed down and it definitely comes in handy.  Such as when you are too quick to post something and make markup or spelling mistakes like I did in the Cowboy Open thread.  Of course there's a preview button that I'll remember to use more often, but it would still be nice to have. 

One idiot's opinion anyway.

Offline LoSt

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
Re: A formal request to re-enable editing of posts
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 11:20:56 pm »
I was wondering why I can't seem to edit everything

I agree this should be enabled.  I've never been on a single forum where editing posts is disallowed

Offline Ray Brinzer

• Ipse Dixit
  • Administrator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://ray.brinzer.net/
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2014, 11:50:46 pm »
It isn't disabled.  It's broken.  I've said this quite a few times... though I don't blame you a bit for not having seen it.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 12:21:16 pm »
It isn't disabled.  It's broken.  I've said this quite a few times... though I don't blame you a bit for not having seen it.

I honestly thought you disabled it several months back after ban or sparky abused it.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline Ray Brinzer

• Ipse Dixit
  • Administrator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://ray.brinzer.net/
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 01:30:25 pm »

I honestly thought you disabled it several months back after ban or sparky abused it.

I limited the time on it.  I think it broke during one of software upgrades.  The intent was never to prohibit it altogether.  Now it's a matter of finding time and motivation to fix it.

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2014, 01:56:52 pm »
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Online RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2015, 08:11:14 pm »
Think it was disabled because of some heated discussions and people changing their posts.  Seems like things have calmed down and it definitely comes in handy.  Such as when you are too quick to post something and make markup or spelling mistakes like I did in the Cowboy Open thread.  Of course there's a preview button that I'll remember to use more often, but it would still be nice to have. 

If you need to edit soon after posting, you can always copy your post, then hit the REMOVE button on the right.  That deletes your post.  Then go back in and Reply once again, paste your message, edit and Post once again.  You only have about an hour or two to do that before the REMOVE button dissolves and your idiocy is permanently and forever etched into the web..

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2015, 02:08:33 pm »

If you need to edit soon after posting, you can always copy your post, then hit the REMOVE button on the right.  That deletes your post.  Then go back in and Reply once again, paste your message, edit and Post once again.  You only have about an hour or two to do that before the REMOVE button dissolves and your idiocy is permanently and forever etched into the web..

Ryou, but that is just so inconvenient.  I have to push a few more buttons rather than just one.  Have you no humanity?

mspart

Offline LoSt

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2016, 12:27:08 pm »
Fixxxxx thissssss