Author Topic: Banned by the Guillotine  (Read 8226 times)

Offline jammen

• National Team
    • View Profile
Banned by the Guillotine
« on: February 11, 2015, 01:57:10 PM »
I've been banned by the Guillotine for having the temerity to point out Coach Eggum's blunder that almost certainly cost Nick Dardanes a victory over Logan Stieber.  You're all aware of the fouled score and the Minny coaches failure to challenge it during Stieber's blood timeout or even be aware of it when it mattered at the end as ND looked to his coaches for guidance.

Perhaps I was banned for pointing out that this was the second time Gopher coaches have cost their wrestler a win by not knowing the score.  Or by linking to Eggum's Coach's Corner where he assumes no responsibility for not knowing the score and blames it solely on the scorekeepers. "it is what it is" he philosophizes.

It could have been my sudden questioning of my lifelong support for Eggum as next head coach.

But I think the real reason I was banned was I wrote this:  You want to beat Iowa.  Then know the basics.  Keeping track of riding time/match score is an essential part of an asst coach's job. 
Tax the churches.

Offline Serial Thriller

• LXP
  • World Champ
    • View Profile
Re: Banned by the Guillotine
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 02:10:46 PM »
Well then "F" the Gophers! Croos the border and come to the "dark side" jammen. We always have room for another fan...... :D
There's a growing anti-intellectual strain in this country. It may be the beginning of the end of our informed democracy. -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Offline Serial Thriller

• LXP
  • World Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 02:12:33 PM »
I think somebody here has a Mexican Ninja outfit that you could use and sneak back on there too. Just a thought...
There's a growing anti-intellectual strain in this country. It may be the beginning of the end of our informed democracy. -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Offline heelpick

• DI
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 02:24:51 PM »
What happened in the match?

Offline Brew

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 03:37:54 PM »
I read that thread and thought you had valid points...that sucks jammen
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2015, 03:39:42 PM »
I figured this was another sparky announcement.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline heelpick

• DI
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2015, 03:44:50 PM »
A coach absolutely needs to keep track of the score, penalties, injury and blood time.  There aren't many valid excuses for not.

Offline TobusRex

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2015, 03:51:58 PM »
The idea of a coach being useful in a match is absolutely alien to me. My HS coach was worthless as a cup of cold piss.
Have you got to get rid of all your knowledge and all your common sense to save your soul? - Clarence Darrow

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2015, 03:52:03 PM »
I figured this was another sparky announcement.
Post of the day
"We can state with conviction, therefore, that a man's support for absolute government is in direct proportion to the contempt he feels for his country" - Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline heelpick

• DI
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2015, 04:49:48 PM »
You arent one to talk ctc, you should have been banned too.

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2015, 06:42:32 PM »
I agree that the Minnesota coaches were sound asleep, no excuse really.  Would never happen to the Brands brothers or Rob Koll.
We are the storm.

Offline heelpick

• DI
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2015, 06:58:39 PM »
Is the match available online.

Offline Stove Pipe

• State Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2015, 07:48:26 PM »
^^I have always been of the opinion that the head coach should assign an asst coach to constantly monitor the score keeping (and keeping of RT) of every match of the dual meet.

Offline jammen

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2015, 08:23:32 PM »
Once Nebraska lost a home dual to Okie St because of missed points on the scoreboard. The Cowboy wrestler was mistakenly declared the winner.  The Huskers even had an asst coach assigned to track the score (Greenwood, I think), but in the excitement of the match he had failed to do so.  Excited fans finally got Mannings attention but by then it was too late.  The next match had already started and nothing could be done to correct it.

Now with video replay there is no excuse for a wrong score.  That's if the coaches are paying attention, of course.
Tax the churches.

Offline jammen

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2015, 08:24:24 PM »
I agree that the Minnesota coaches were sound asleep, no excuse really.  Would never happen to the Brands brothers or Rob Koll.

Iowa would have fired the coach and then ran him out of town.
Tax the churches.