Author Topic: Coon Vs Telford (Michigan-Iowa dual)  (Read 2434 times)

Offline TobusRex

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
Coon Vs Telford (Michigan-Iowa dual)
« on: February 18, 2015, 01:41:55 pm »
Damn that was boring. Thoughts from you guys? I wonder how many potential fans were driven away after watching that match?
Have you got to get rid of all your knowledge and all your common sense to save your soul? - Clarence Darrow

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Coon Vs Telford (Michigan-Iowa dual)
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2015, 02:07:49 pm »
I didn't think it was all that bad.  It wasn't like they were circling around doing jack squat for the entire match.  it was any more boring than 197 frankly.  Telford had a chance to finish it and him working that single while Coon fought it off was pretty exciting.

it was a heavyweight match.  90% of them are that way.
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline TobusRex

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2015, 04:01:11 pm »
I didn't think it was all that bad.  It wasn't like they were circling around doing jack squat for the entire match.  it was any more boring than 197 frankly.  Telford had a chance to finish it and him working that single while Coon fought it off was pretty exciting.

it was a heavyweight match.  90% of them are that way.

It's painful watching the big guys sometimes. Pretty dull match all around, but I thought Michigan did pretty good. Lots of "weak" wrestlers holding their Hawkeye betters to regular decisions. Pretty impressive, actually. That kid with the 4-10 record wrestling 2 weights up and taking on Evans was quite impressive.

I've come to the conclusion that I like watching Brian Murphy. Fun scrambler to watch!  Really enjoyed his match with Kelly (I think it was Kelly). Fun stuff!
Have you got to get rid of all your knowledge and all your common sense to save your soul? - Clarence Darrow

Offline Cruocified

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 07:21:55 pm »
Houdashelt vs. Sorensen made Coon vs. Telford seem exciting.
I am the way, the truth, and the life.

Offline TobusRex

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 04:44:22 pm »
Houdashelt vs. Sorensen made Coon vs. Telford seem exciting.

Didn't see it yet. Lots of pushing like the big boys do?

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2015, 05:09:28 pm »
add to that Houdashelt making like a "backpack" when on top. 
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline Cruocified

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2015, 06:55:20 pm »
Pushing isn't the issue.  I'd rather watch a sumo match than watch what some call "riding."  There is 0 attempt to turn the other wrestler.  No intention whatsoever of getting anything but the riding time point, and once they get it they still simply hang on.  The only action is initiated by bottom man, and if he tries it then the answer is to run him out of bounds immediately so you can start the "ride" again.  149 is a void in excitement this year.  I'm glad Iowa has an elite 149 pounder again, but I don't really care to watch him wrestle. 
I am the way, the truth, and the life.