Author Topic: Your teams NCAA draw  (Read 1167 times)

Offline dutch134

• State Champ
    • View Profile
Your teams NCAA draw
« on: March 14, 2015, 07:47:44 am »
I honestly don't think my draw could have been much worse!  I thought I had a decent chance to win this year, but it is not looking as good after the brackets came out.

125-Gilman-Conaway in the 2nd round could be an issue and I would have much rather faced Tomasello than Dance.  I think he loses in the qtrs. and just have to hope he wrestles back well.

133-Hall-Not a bad draw up to the qtrs. where he will face Clark.  Clark handled him earlier in the year but Hall has gotten better but I don't think it will be enough.  That drops him down to the rd of 12 and again have to hope he wrestles back well.

141-Carter-I like his draw to the semi's but then he hits Steiber.  I was counting on him being a finalist but now have to hope he scores bonus coming back for 3rd.

149-Ruggirello-Worst draw possible.  In a group of four with Habat, Kindig, and Steiber.  I just have to hope he is able to get by Steiber due to the injury but I don't think that is likely.  I think it his more likely he goes 0-2. 

157-Lavallee-Another awful draw.  Brascetta in the first round is terrible.  I think he loses that match and starts the long process of wrestling back.  He wrestles matches close which isn't a good thing when you have to win 4 matches to AA.  If he gets by Brascetta, I think he gets to the qtrs. and then is just one win away from AA.

165-Jordan-Another brutal draw.  Gets Palacio in the 2nd round,  Sulzer in the qtrs. and Dieringer in the semis.  I was hoping he would get to the finals but I don't see him going 3-0 against those three guys.  I think he AA's but could just as easily lose to Palacio in the 2nd round and not AA.

165-Moreno-I like his draw to the semi's but think he loses to I. Jordan in the semis.  If somehow Jordan is tripped up earlier, I may be able to get my finalist at 165 but more likely my two guys will end up hitting each other somewhere in the wrestle backs

174-Brunson-Storley in the 2nd round hurts.  I think he gets to the round of 12 where he will lose to either Wilps or Walters. 

184-Thomas-Another terrible draw.  Miklus first round is a big problem.  Should Thomas win that match-yes.  Could he very easily lose-yes.  Thomas is good enough to get to the finals but there is no way he does it out of the 10 seed, would need to pull to many minor upsets.  More likely he loses in the first two rounds and I have to hope he picks up bonus on his way back to a mid to low AA.

197-Cox-Hard to complain about a 1 seed.  Looks like we might finally get to see him wrestle Snyder.  I like him to win this weight but there are 3-4 guys that could knock him off. 

HWT-McMullan-Decent draw to the semis, avoiding Coon and Medbery who I think could give him troubles.  I think the semi against Telford is a toss-up and same thing if he gets to the final.  He could win the whole thing or finish 2-5.

Before the brackets came out, I has hoping for 8-9 AA's and 4 finalists.  Now I think I am looking at 6-7 AA's and 1-3 finalists.  I don't think that will be enough to win this year, but you never now.  Can't wait until Thur to see how it unfolds!

Offline Brew

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
Re: Your teams NCAA draw
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 03:24:20 pm »
I dropped 2 1st rnd matches in warner at 65 (to mikey!) and riddick 97.

It makes it worse that ramos is on my bench and he won by maj dec in his first match and moreno got upset for his 2nd match
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 08:46:15 am »
Sulzer and Dechow got upset & left Cobb and Rauser on my bench
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline Brew

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 04:41:02 pm »
End of the 3rd round...

125 waters in semis
133 brewer in semis
141 mecate in semis
149 houdashelt in semis
157 collica alive in consis
165 warner bbq
174 epperly alive in consis
184 meeks alive in consis
197 riddick bbq
Hwt gwiz in semis
Flex
149 sorenson alive in consis

Offline Brew

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2015, 04:41:38 pm »
Still upset i didnt start ramos at 165...he is in the semis as well

Offline dutch134

• State Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2015, 05:36:16 pm »
125-Gilman-Semis v Moisey

133-Hall-Rd of 12 v Beckmman

141-Carter-Rd of 12 v Laster

149-Ruggirello-Rd of 12 v Richardson

157-Lavalee-2-2

165-Jordan-Semis v Dieringer

Flex-Moreno-Rd of 12 v Jordan

174-Brunson-Rd of 12 v Kokesh

184-Thomas-2-2

197-Cox-Semis v Snyder

HWT-McMullan-Semis v Coon

My team has done a good job of getting bonus points and if I am able to pull this thing off, it will be due to the bonus that they scored.  Some tough semi final and rd of 12 match-ups.  Think Brew may have the advantage at this point.

Offline FalconWrestlingKY

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2015, 11:04:43 pm »
Going to have two in the finals, could be worse
Topics Falcon doesn't know anything about- Cars, Binary, Accounting, and 13th Century Polish Literature