Poll

Would you allow your child to be coached by an openly gay coach?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Pucillo poll  (Read 6522 times)

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Pucillo poll
« on: April 01, 2015, 05:59:19 PM »
I asked this question in the Pucillo thread, but I was interested to see the different viewpoints on it.
Imagine the good that could be done, if people were less worried about their differences, and more worried about doing good for everyone.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Pucillo poll
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 09:21:28 PM »
Id be more worried about a closeted gay than an openly gay man.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline TobusRex

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 10:07:43 PM »
I don't think anybody here would care if the guy was a great coach.
Have you got to get rid of all your knowledge and all your common sense to save your soul? - Clarence Darrow

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 10:35:20 PM »
Oh, I am not sure about that, Tobus.
Imagine the good that could be done, if people were less worried about their differences, and more worried about doing good for everyone.

Offline TobusRex

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 10:40:13 PM »
Oh, I am not sure about that, Tobus.

In general I might agree with you, but since guys here are wrestling fanatics I think they'd be more concerned with their kids getting coached up good.
Have you got to get rid of all your knowledge and all your common sense to save your soul? - Clarence Darrow

Offline spider

• OW
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2015, 02:55:49 PM »
This question implies the common misconception that all gays are pedophiles. I would no more object to a gay male coach than I would to a straight female coach, as either would be just as likely to molest my son. I would have no objection to either.
If you throw away sheet music, does it decompose?

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2015, 05:53:43 PM »
This question implies the common misconception that all gays are pedophiles. I would no more object to a gay male coach than I would to a straight female coach, as either would be just as likely to molest my son. I would have no objection to either.
It absolutely does not.  If anything a person might object to it on their own spirtual background.  That by supporting him as a coach they are implicitly supporting his lifestyle.  And really?  Common misconception?  Like how common?  Are you saying that better than half of people who don't approve of homosexuality (male or female) assume that they are pedophiles? 

(I voted he could coach my kid, I honestly don't care)
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2015, 06:33:30 PM »
Welcome back Spider!!!   Nice to have you around again.

mspart

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2015, 11:41:19 PM »

Would you deny that men are more sexually aggressive than women?
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2015, 08:17:33 AM »
In my experience yes...but I spent a lot of my misspent youth around women of questionable morals and virtue.

To be fair it seems like you are implying that a gay man would be more sexually aggressive towards a Child than a straight man. Which I guess means that spider was right. And so spider I apologize

Offline spider

• OW
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2015, 08:57:31 AM »
Thanks, mspart, and thanks, Brycemus, too. And to be perfectly fair to you, i never considered the possibility of a spiritual objection, but assumed that the poll  only referred to the question of the kid's safety.
If you throw away sheet music, does it decompose?

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2015, 02:02:46 PM »
The poll is referring to any and all reservations one might have for not wanting a gay individual coaching their kid. Whether it is a male coach with your son or a female coach with your daughter.

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2015, 02:26:14 PM »
I know for a fact both the lady coaches of the women's basketball team in middle school were lesbians...in fact they were a couple.  I can't remember any girls Not being on the team because of it.  this was in Western SoDak by the way in the mid 90s.

who cares...I mean obviously some people do.  but i don't.

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2015, 10:23:14 AM »
Women's sports are predominately lesbian.
We are the storm.

Offline AKIN

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2015, 02:19:09 PM »
Nice generalization. Do you have data to back that up?