Author Topic: Bellator 141, Sept. 19  (Read 1291 times)

Offline fuhr

• LXP
  • Global Moderator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Bellator 141, Sept. 19
« on: June 19, 2015, 06:06:12 PM »
I'd bet a dollar Tito will pull out due to injury but I am intrigued by the one night 4 man LHW tournament.  Can't say I'm thrilled with the idea of 2 round fights for the opening round, and always a danger that injury screws things up, but I like the spirit of one night tournaments. 

Sorry, thought I left the link, guess not.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 08:23:55 PM by fuhr »
Since Jammen has told me twice to change my signature, I can only assume his wrestling knowledge is no longer something I can count on along with pizza and beer.

Offline a guest

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Bellator 141, Sept. 19
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2015, 10:29:35 PM »
I was hoping Mo would stay at heavyweight. I like watching smaller heavyweights win. 

Also, I am confused as to how the first round matches will be two rounds? What happens if each fighter wins a round?  No explanation of what happens with a draw.

Newton vs. Davis may be a fun match to watch:  Calm grappling vs. Energetic spinning backfists

Offline fuhr

• LXP
  • Global Moderator
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2015, 10:31:28 PM »
Speculation of a 4th judge who, I assume, would judge the fight as a whole and not the 10 pt must.
Since Jammen has told me twice to change my signature, I can only assume his wrestling knowledge is no longer something I can count on along with pizza and beer.

Offline a guest

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2015, 10:55:54 PM »
The commission will allow that?

- round times that are different than the norm

- a fourth judge who is allowed to use different parameters than his/her three colleagues

Sounds borderline sketchy

For some reason, if Don King tried to promote a fight card where the boxers fight 4-minute rounds and a 4th judge is hired to judge the scoring differently (say a 15 point system instead of a 10 point system), thee state's commission would turn it down.

Or will this tournament take place on a barge in international waters?