Author Topic: Oklahoma Wins Fargo  (Read 2025 times)

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Oklahoma Wins Fargo
« on: July 25, 2015, 11:43:37 PM »
Oklahoma, behind strong performances by Daton Fix and Joe Smith (OW) wins the 2015 Junior National Freestyle Tournament.

Team Scores-
1. Oklahoma-61
2. Ohio-54
3. Illinois-53
4. New Jersey-47
5. Minnesota-38
6. California-37
7. Iowa-28
8. Pennsylvania-23
9. Arizona-19
10. Texas-19
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline Bob H.

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Oklahoma Wins Fargo
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 03:38:04 PM »
Is it just me, or did Fargo kind of sneak up on us this year?  In my case, it's partially due to Brandon attending Disney instead of Fargo, but I heard almost nothing on TOM or other national sites leading up to the tournament.

How was the competition compared to previous years?

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theowf.net
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2015, 05:25:51 PM »
I heard Brandon HS is boycotting Fargo due to their state org issues.
"Really? Well please tell your father-in-law that he is a freaking idiot."

Offline Bob H.

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2015, 07:44:00 PM »
I've heard similar things, but not from an official source.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2015, 09:30:34 AM »
Is it just me, or did Fargo kind of sneak up on us this year?  In my case, it's partially due to Brandon attending Disney instead of Fargo, but I heard almost nothing on TOM or other national sites leading up to the tournament.

I think Fargo has lost some of its appeal. I think it started when graduating Seniors started foregoing Fargo (sorry couldnt resist) to enroll early iand begin working out at their new college over the summer. The collegiate High School National tournament, FloNationals and other tournaments are becoming more prestigious and they dont take place in late July. I think a lot of graduating Seniors want more than just a month break before starting college.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline SingletSlinger

• World Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2015, 09:40:34 AM »

I think Fargo has lost some of its appeal. I think it started when graduating Seniors started foregoing Fargo (sorry couldnt resist) to enroll early iand begin working out at their new college over the summer. The collegiate High School National tournament, FloNationals and other tournaments are becoming more prestigious and they dont take place in late July. I think a lot of graduating Seniors want more than just a month break before starting college.
You are correct, however it still is "the" tournament.
Bunch of snowflakes run this board, sad how the mods cater to people that support one political party.