Author Topic: A Lack of Proper Planning  (Read 2359 times)

Offline TobusRex

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
A Lack of Proper Planning
« on: September 03, 2015, 11:05:03 AM »
So cut the "cable" cord last week. $215 a month for Comcast "Triple Play" finally got the better of me. When ENCORE started showing John Wayne movies from the 50's and 60's....I realized it was time to discuss rates with Comcast. I cancelled the "premium" package with Encore, but I was just getting started. I demanded they remove all equipment fees (seeing as how that equipment was amortized a couple years ago, minimum), but they refused ($36 extra month), so it will end up costing them $150 a month. Yes, cut everything but the internet (and to be fair, Comcast broadband has been very good). Now I'm down to $65 a month, although did have to buy a new modem. Modem/wifi cost me $129 and now the WIFI is over twice as fast as it was when using Comcast gear (which I was paying for). Figures.

Here is the problem....HOW IN HELL am I going to watch OU play football this season? Do any of you guys know of any online sources for college football? I don't mind paying a fee for access to the games. Thanks in advance!
Have you got to get rid of all your knowledge and all your common sense to save your soul? - Clarence Darrow

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: A Lack of Proper Planning
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 11:48:03 AM »
So cut the "cable" cord last week. $215 a month for Comcast "Triple Play" finally got the better of me. When ENCORE started showing John Wayne movies from the 50's and 60's....I realized it was time to discuss rates with Comcast. I cancelled the "premium" package with Encore, but I was just getting started. I demanded they remove all equipment fees (seeing as how that equipment was amortized a couple years ago, minimum), but they refused ($36 extra month), so it will end up costing them $150 a month. Yes, cut everything but the internet (and to be fair, Comcast broadband has been very good). Now I'm down to $65 a month, although did have to buy a new modem. Modem/wifi cost me $129 and now the WIFI is over twice as fast as it was when using Comcast gear (which I was paying for). Figures.

Here is the problem....HOW IN HELL am I going to watch OU play football this season? Do any of you guys know of any online sources for college football? I don't mind paying a fee for access to the games. Thanks in advance!

GOOD FOR YOU!  Stick it to The Man!!!

(Boomer Sooner)
http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=31000&ATCLID=210292697
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline TobusRex

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 12:11:39 PM »
Thanks Vise! I think $54.99 is a bit steep to watch OU eviscerate Akron, but I'll definitely check into this service for better opponents OU plays this year.
Have you got to get rid of all your knowledge and all your common sense to save your soul? - Clarence Darrow

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 12:36:25 PM »
Thanks Vise! I think $54.99 is a bit steep to watch OU eviscerate Akron, but I'll definitely check into this service for better opponents OU plays this year.

What kinda fan are you anyway?
(I think they are offering a discount package)
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline TobusRex

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2015, 12:50:09 PM »

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE to watch OU eviscerate teams, but I prefer them to eviscerate teams with a pulse :P

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2015, 01:03:13 PM »

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE to watch OU eviscerate teams, but I prefer them to eviscerate teams with a pulse :P

Balderdash!

I grew up on "hangin half a hundred", its like poetry to me!

Offline TobusRex

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2015, 02:01:25 PM »

Balderdash!

I grew up on "hangin half a hundred", its like poetry to me!

Good God I love Barry Switzer, lol.  He's still golden when they ask for quotes  ;D

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2015, 08:33:14 PM »
ESPN3 online.  The show almost every game as long as there is a TV camera in the stadium.

USB link to your TV and your in business.

Offline leglace

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2015, 06:05:57 PM »
Get a Roku 3 and get the Playon channel. I can get you the code. You have to use dedicate one of your computers with WiFi to become a media server. The software automatically does it for you. Then you go to a website and choose your plugins. You can get Front Row Sports and a couple more. You can watch any NFL game, any college game, and any ppv free. Grab 1 channel and you get movies at the theater, or on DVD as well as any TV series almost instantly.

I also got a Simple TV to grab local TV from my antenna to my Roku as well as a DVR to record up to one terrabit of programs. I have an app on my BlackBerry as well to watch both live TV and recorded TV anywhere. The best part is that the Simple TV receiver works for the whole house as long as I have more Roku boxes. Though I would get Tablo TV over to what I have. It has a better UI and seems to grab more over the air channels.
When all else fails, do the opposite...