Author Topic: Using last week as an indicator, how will next year's Olympics go?  (Read 6070 times)

Offline a guest

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
Using last week as an indicator, how will next year's Olympics go?
« on: September 18, 2015, 12:58:28 AM »
Any major surprises?

Anyone (or country) going to drastically change their wightclasses or strategies based upon last week's results?

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Using last week as an indicator, how will next year's Olympics go?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 10:08:02 AM »
I'd have to say I saw a few surprises:

Kyle Snyder surprised me.  I watched his first match and was unimpressed.  He just kept getting better throughout the day. 

James Green surprised me.  He did excellent. 

Brent Metcalf surprised me by not doing so well.  Someone mentioned he may have gotten injured.  Perhaps so.  But I was not impressed.

Jake went down too early, not good for future.

Robbie Smith was quite surprising.  A man with the amount of heart he has can go far.  I am looking forward to his future. 

mspart

Offline SingletSlinger

• World Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 10:13:05 AM »
Snyder wrestled a former Bronze medalist first round, not exactly someone he should tech. Other than the gold medal match that was his toughest opponent all day.
Bunch of snowflakes run this board, sad how the mods cater to people that support one political party.

Offline FalconWrestlingKY

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2015, 10:31:37 AM »
I don't know if Jake is still our answer at 86 kilos, but we really don't have much else to go with. Maybe Ed Ruth can develop to where we need him. I also don't think Ramos is who we want at 57 kilos, but similar situation there isn't really anyone else, maybe Nico Megaludis?

We should expect golds at 74 and 97 kilos. We could medal at 125 kilos if Tervel is healthy. all other weights need some improvement if we want to medal. Could Green make 65? I feel like that's probably way too much of a cut for him same for Kyle Dake or any of the other guys stuck behind Burroughs at 74.
Topics Falcon doesn't know anything about- Cars, Binary, Accounting, and 13th Century Polish Literature

Offline SingletSlinger

• World Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2015, 11:06:18 AM »
David Taylor will be at 86kg, he may be "the answer."
Bunch of snowflakes run this board, sad how the mods cater to people that support one political party.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2015, 12:38:54 PM »
Snyder wrestled a former Bronze medalist first round, not exactly someone he should tech. Other than the gold medal match that was his toughest opponent all day.

That may be but his ankle pick was not working for him.  He did seem to have a pretty easy draw throughout the rest of the way except for the Iranian and Russian.

mspart

Offline SingletSlinger

• World Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2015, 04:25:13 PM »

That may be but his ankle pick was not working for him.  He did seem to have a pretty easy draw throughout the rest of the way except for the Iranian and Russian.

mspart

No "may be" about it, his first opponent was a former bronze medalist. He actually wrestled back again for the bronze beating the Iranian. His first match was his toughest opponent and he won by the closest margin, I know that may be earth shattering to you, but to others it's not.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2015, 05:15:08 PM »
Snyder might be the only FS world team member to make the Olympic team.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline OkieSpladle

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2015, 06:19:23 PM »

I mean, might is vague enough that anything is possible so you're technically right, but really?  We're going to start this again.  Right after ANOTHER world championship title?

Offline Snackem

• Section Champ
    • View Profile
    • Jeremy Lanthorn Photography
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2015, 01:41:04 AM »
Not sure who is going to beat Burroughs.  Personally I like Metcalf's chances of earning a medal in Rio, not sure what happened to Reece and Jake.  Both were very disappointing.  Trevel medals if he was at Vegas.  I'm intrigued by Taylor moving up, I hope someone on that ladder does (Dake, Taylor, or Howe).  I am not sure what to think about Ramos right now.  I don't know who a better option for us is at that weight.  For Women's, it'll be interesting to see how Helen does at 53.  Adeline should win it again at 75, Lampe and Elena are both contenders for a medal as well.  We have a long way to go with Greco but I think that we're moving in the right direction.  Beseik had an insane bracket, Smith had Makhov pinned before he slid out of the circle, and with another 30 seconds he wins that match regardless--you just can't spot someone 7 points.  Lester and Mango both have medal potential but neither showed it in Vegas.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2015, 09:19:29 PM »

mspart

No "may be" about it, his first opponent was a former bronze medalist. He actually wrestled back again for the bronze beating the Iranian. His first match was his toughest opponent and he won by the closest margin, I know that may be earth shattering to you, but to others it's not.

Rude.

mspart

Offline SingletSlinger

• World Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2015, 09:06:59 AM »
Don't let the facts get in the way of your thinking.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2015, 11:06:47 AM »

I mean, might is vague enough that anything is possible so you're technically right, but really?  We're going to start this again.  Right after ANOTHER world championship title?

I thought the thread needed a little boost. ;D
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline SingletSlinger

• World Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2015, 11:34:42 AM »
I might make the Olympic team also.

Offline fsgrecofolk

• World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2015, 09:08:48 PM »
Burroughs will be back.  And Snyder had anything but an easy draw.