Poll

Pick your fav

College football is better
Pro Football is better
I hate football ( and I am a communist )

Author Topic: College vs Pro Football  (Read 4164 times)

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
College vs Pro Football
« on: September 24, 2015, 11:07:53 am »
Give your vote and tell us why.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline a guest

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
Re: College vs Pro Football
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 12:41:15 pm »
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 12:42:11 pm »
College is better. 

Alabama Crimson Tide
Washington Huskies
BYU Cougars

It just doesn't get any better.  They play for the sheer excitement of it knowing that chances of NFL playing are below slim to none.  NFL get too much money to care much. 

mspart

Offline TobusRex

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 04:05:58 pm »
College football is not only better, it's better by a country mile.

Why? Commercialization in the NFL is out of control. Games are scheduled in 3 hour (+) blocks because of all the commercials. Everytime there is a change of possession...commercials. Score? Commercials after. Comeback to the game...kickoff...then more commercials. I hate it. Plus no loyalty to the fans on the part of the coaches/owners in the NFL.

Also in the NFL almost all the teams run the exact type gameplan..."Pro" style offense (mostly passing), either 4-3 (mostly) or 3-4 defenses. About like eating plain vanilla when you consider the vast number of different "styles" in college ball. Triple Option, pro style, air raid, spread....so much more variety.

Have you got to get rid of all your knowledge and all your common sense to save your soul? - Clarence Darrow

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 05:12:26 pm »

Lighten up... its just a joke.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline a guest

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2015, 10:56:21 pm »

Lighten up... its just a joke.

As was my comment.

Offline a guest

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2015, 10:58:05 pm »
Although I find it interesting that no one has voted for the pros (as of yet).

One would think that the highest skill level of the sport would garner the most fans of the sport and have the most followers.

Interesting....

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2015, 11:27:14 pm »
Although I find it interesting that no one has voted for the pros (as of yet).

One would think that the highest skill level of the sport would garner the most fans of the sport and have the most followers.

Interesting....
expertise does not = enthusiasm

Offline a guest

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2015, 12:56:15 am »

Why? Commercialization in the NFL is out of control. Games are scheduled in 3 hour (+) blocks because of all the commercials. Everytime there is a change of possession...commercials. Score? Commercials after. Comeback to the game...kickoff...then more commercials. I hate it.

Funny comments from an Australian sports journalist writing about his first NFL game:

http://deadspin.com/australian-sportswriter-liveblogs-49ers-game-discovers-1730760939

Most of his comments are about the breaks during the game.

Offline Intensity guru

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • VERA LIBERTAS
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2015, 01:20:07 am »
I love all football. I'm a huge fan. I watch as much football as I possibly can. I prefer the pros. Although I admit my opinion is shifting more toward college in the last couple years. The NFL has the biggest fastest freak athletes in the world. Guys that if you saw them run drills or lift weights or hit in person, would amaze you, sit on every practice squad in the league. The league is loaded with 6'5 270 guys running 4.7 40's. Sub 5.00 40 is fast. Really fast. There's just no comparison in terms of speed, skill and power. They're just better. Smarter. Craftier. Faster. Stronger. But college is awesome too in its own way. Super exciting if you get the right teams playing.
I always bring my hips to the party.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2015, 10:56:33 am »
Pagentry: College wins
Expertise: Pros win
Tradition: College wins
Parity: Pros win
Passion: Debateable. Call it a push
Attendance: College wins
Fantasy football: Pros win
Tailgating: Advantage college
Access: College wins
Loyalty: College wins.There is non in the NFL. Players move. Teams move
Cheating: Pros win. Inflategate vs SMU
Greed: Advantage college but debatable

Offline retired

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2015, 11:45:07 am »
The NFL is unwatchable particularly in person.  20 seconds of action followed by :  Penalities (for anything short of breathing), injury timeouts, challenge reviews, TV timeouts, regular timeouts, 2 minute warnings.  It's pretty much the worst entertainment for the dollar.  Most fans attend games for the tailgates, which start many hours before kickoff.  By halftime everyone is exhausted from drinking and having to sit through so many stoppages.

Oh and yeah I know the NFL is the most popular U.S. league.
If every black male 18-35 applied for a conceal & carry permit, and then joined the NRA in one day; there would be gun control laws in a second.

Offline FalconWrestlingKY

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2015, 12:11:15 pm »
I am boycotting the NFL this year out of protest for Jed York running the 49ers into the ground in the span of one offseason
Topics Falcon doesn't know anything about- Cars, Binary, Accounting, and 13th Century Polish Literature

Offline TobusRex

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2015, 06:18:30 pm »

Why? Commercialization in the NFL is out of control. Games are scheduled in 3 hour (+) blocks because of all the commercials. Everytime there is a change of possession...commercials. Score? Commercials after. Comeback to the game...kickoff...then more commercials. I hate it.

Funny comments from an Australian sports journalist writing about his first NFL game:

http://deadspin.com/australian-sportswriter-liveblogs-49ers-game-discovers-1730760939

Most of his comments are about the breaks during the game.

That was pretty funny! I love football...but there isn't a helluva lot of action in a 60 minute game.
Have you got to get rid of all your knowledge and all your common sense to save your soul? - Clarence Darrow