Alabama
4 (36.4%)
Oklahoma
4 (36.4%)
Michigan State
1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: January 12, 2016, 11:55:48 pm

Author Topic: College Football National Champion  (Read 1814 times)

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
College Football National Champion
« on: December 05, 2015, 11:53:45 pm »
Clemson, Alabama, Oklahoma or Michigan St?
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: College Football National Champion
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 03:59:11 pm »
Alabama!!  The will Roll over Mich St and then smother like a Crimson Tide the next team with the temerity to face them!!

I hope!!

mspart

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 08:10:28 pm »
Alabama!!  The will Roll over Mich St and then smother like a Crimson Tide the next team with the temerity to face them!!

I hope!!

mspart

like their last two bowl games?
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 11:27:26 am »
Alabama was Praying to play MSU ... they are most successful against the run from Pro Style offenses which MSU employs.  They did not want to see Clemson or OU in the first round.  I was Really hoping that it would be MSU v Clemson because I thought that OU would beat 'bama and then MSU would win it all.

This makes it a little tougher road for MSU, but this team has a serious chip on it's shoulder & so I am still betting on them .
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2015, 12:34:06 pm »
Alabama was Praying to play MSU ... they are most successful against the run from Pro Style offenses which MSU employs.  They did not want to see Clemson or OU in the first round.  I was Really hoping that it would be MSU v Clemson because I thought that OU would beat 'bama and then MSU would win it all.

This makes it a little tougher road for MSU, but this team has a serious chip on it's shoulder & so I am still betting on them .

Sig betting??

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2015, 11:21:38 am »

I hope!!

mspart

like their last two bowl games?

Yep!

mspart

Offline fsgrecofolk

• World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2015, 02:06:29 am »
I hate both Alabama and Ok, so hopefully they both lose.

Offline n9531l

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
  • Hate nothin' but hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2015, 03:31:19 am »
Do you hate the schools or the states, or both?
Orthography is next to cleanliness, which is next to godliness. - n9531l

Offline fsgrecofolk

• World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2015, 12:44:14 am »
I hate Alabama the team because of the Toomer's Corner jackass, and I can't get into OU because of going all the way back to Switzer.  I spent a few summers in Binger, Oklahoma so I don't mind the state too terribly.  I have never been to Alabama so I can't say much.

Offline TobusRex

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2015, 09:35:32 am »
I hate Alabama the team because of the Toomer's Corner jackass, and I can't get into OU because of going all the way back to Switzer.  I spent a few summers in Binger, Oklahoma so I don't mind the state too terribly.  I have never been to Alabama so I can't say much.

How can someone not be a Switzer fan? Barry Switzer is one of the smartest, funniest, most insightful (and inciteful, lol) coaches in the history of college football. I loved how Switzer never pulled any punches when reporters asked him questions. A lot like Stoops, but nowhere near as politically correct.
Have you got to get rid of all your knowledge and all your common sense to save your soul? - Clarence Darrow

Offline fsgrecofolk

• World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2015, 12:08:49 pm »
Switzer was a jerk, while some may call it refreshing, I call it like I see it.  He was rude and obnoxious.

Offline TobusRex

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2015, 01:33:50 pm »
Switzer was a jerk, while some may call it refreshing, I call it like I see it.  He was rude and obnoxious.

Go read "Bootlegger's Boy".
Have you got to get rid of all your knowledge and all your common sense to save your soul? - Clarence Darrow

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2015, 04:24:09 pm »
You couldn't be more wrong.
Why is Switzer being honored? Allow the NCFAA’s press release to explain:

“Among his many charity efforts, he is an ardent supporter of the Oklahoma Sports Hall of Fame and its far-reaching endeavors. For 40-plus years he has supported Special Olympics of Oklahoma and worked with kids with intellectual disabilities. He has been a strong proponent for ‘Swing for Sight,’ a golf tournament that supports the visually impaired and blind. He lends his name and participates in many other charity events and community fund-raisers.”

Past winners of the award include some old friends of Switzer’s — Tom Osborne, Darrell Royal, Bobby Bowden, Vince Dooley, Frank Broyles and Grant Teaff among them.

Offline Cougar1

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2015, 06:21:49 pm »
You couldn't be more wrong. I suspect he was referring to his occasional personal demeanor, not his conduct outside the sports arena.
Why is Switzer being honored? Allow the NCFAA’s press release to explain:

“Among his many charity efforts, he is an ardent supporter of the Oklahoma Sports Hall of Fame and its far-reaching endeavors. For 40-plus years he has supported Special Olympics of Oklahoma and worked with kids with intellectual disabilities. He has been a strong proponent for ‘Swing for Sight,’ a golf tournament that supports the visually impaired and blind. He lends his name and participates in many other charity events and community fund-raisers.”

Past winners of the award include some old friends of Switzer’s — Tom Osborne, Darrell Royal, Bobby Bowden, Vince Dooley, Frank Broyles and Grant Teaff among them.
“Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.”

― G.K. Chesterton

Offline fsgrecofolk

• World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2015, 06:33:44 pm »
You can be involved in charitable works and still be a jerk.  I don't have Crimson glasses.