Author Topic: Sooner named top scholar/athlete  (Read 2297 times)

Offline TobusRex

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
Sooner named top scholar/athlete
« on: December 10, 2015, 10:02:09 AM »
Oklahoma center Ty Darlington thought he had no shot at the Campbell Trophy, not with fellow finalist Montana defensive end Derek Crittenden, who has a 4.0 GPA in chemistry and is a Rhodes Scholarship finalist. “I ain’t that smart,” Darlington said. But Darlington and his little ol’ 3.91 GPA in arts & sciences won the award -- given to the top scholar-athlete in college football by the National Football Foundation -- and its $25,000 postgraduate scholarship Tuesday. In his acceptance speech, Darlington said his mother had taught him to “love Jesus, love the Sooners and hate all shades of orange.” I think Syracuse and Florida got caught in that Texas/Oklahoma State crossfire.
Have you got to get rid of all your knowledge and all your common sense to save your soul? - Clarence Darrow

Offline TobusRex

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Sooner named top scholar/athlete
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 10:09:14 AM »
On a related note...Baker Mayfield is banging a smoking hot brunette that goes to OSU. Hopefully he'll clean up her genepool enough to produce only Sooner offspring.
Have you got to get rid of all your knowledge and all your common sense to save your soul? - Clarence Darrow

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 02:31:27 PM »
She's cute but her breasts are very small.
We are the storm.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 06:26:55 PM »
Oklahoma center Ty Darlington thought he had no shot at the Campbell Trophy, not with fellow finalist Montana defensive end Derek Crittenden, who has a 4.0 GPA in chemistry and is a Rhodes Scholarship finalist. “I ain’t that smart,” Darlington said. But Darlington and his little ol’ 3.91 GPA in arts & sciences won the award -- given to the top scholar-athlete in college football by the National Football Foundation -- and its $25,000 postgraduate scholarship Tuesday. In his acceptance speech, Darlington said his mother had taught him to “love Jesus, love the Sooners and hate all shades of orange.” I think Syracuse and Florida got caught in that Texas/Oklahoma State crossfire.

Well maybe the fact that he graduated in 2.5 years swayed the committee.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline TobusRex

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2015, 09:43:21 AM »

I'm glad a Sooner won, and it is impressive he graduated so quickly. On the other hand a 3.91 in "arts and sciences" vs a 4.0 in Chemistry....I smell hijinks.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2015, 02:49:30 PM »

I'm glad a Sooner won, and it is impressive he graduated so quickly. On the other hand a 3.91 in "arts and sciences" vs a 4.0 in Chemistry....I smell hijinks.

I guess you are unaware that at OU all of the science departments, including chemistry, is under the Arts & Sciences College.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2015, 03:37:38 PM »
A Hawkeye was named top Coach and another top Defensive Back
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline TobusRex

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2015, 09:13:17 AM »

I guess you are unaware that at OU all of the science departments, including chemistry, is under the Arts & Sciences College.

That I was! What, specifically, is his degree in?