Author Topic: Peyton Manning....and many others  (Read 11546 times)

Offline MetsFan

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • AKA "everybody"
    • View Profile
Re: Peyton Manning....and many others
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2015, 07:42:24 AM »
So, to the original point of this thread: Payton Manning.

He states that the HGH was sent to his wife for medical reasons.  What medical reasons are there for a woman in her 30s to need HGH?

Hey, her medical business is her medical business.  Payton has no idea why she needs it but that's her business.
There's always Bulgaria.

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2015, 07:48:08 AM »
LOL
We are the storm.

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2015, 09:02:27 AM »
Exactly!  Same situation that happened with Roger Clemens who threw his wife under the bus.  Manning is dirty, just listen to him with his denials.  He says he  just MIGHT sue.  I'll guarantee he never does.  He's hired "crisis manager" Ari Fleisher to manage the situation. 

Amazing how the media has rallied around Saint Peyton, much like they did with Lance Armstrong.
Buck, you do realize that HGH wasn't even banned when Peyton supposedly used it?
"We can state with conviction, therefore, that a man's support for absolute government is in direct proportion to the contempt he feels for his country" - Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2015, 09:13:16 AM »
On that point you are correct.  And pretty much what this article states.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/12/28/look-it-s-way-too-easy-to-get-peds.html?source=TDB&via=FB_Page
We are the storm.

Offline a guest

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2015, 09:35:58 AM »

He states that the HGH was sent to his wife for medical reasons.  What medical reasons are there for a woman in her 30s to need HGH?

Hey, her medical business is her medical business.  Payton has no idea why she needs it but that's her business.

Couldn't we say the same thing regarding the injury reports that teams must share with the league and the papers?

I have no idea why the health of some dude's  knees are not considered confidential information between he and his doctor.

Offline MetsFan

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • AKA "everybody"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2015, 09:36:29 AM »
Exactly!  Same situation that happened with Roger Clemens who threw his wife under the bus.  Manning is dirty, just listen to him with his denials.  He says he  just MIGHT sue.  I'll guarantee he never does.  He's hired "crisis manager" Ari Fleisher to manage the situation. 

Amazing how the media has rallied around Saint Peyton, much like they did with Lance Armstrong.
Buck, you do realize that HGH wasn't even banned when Peyton supposedly used it?

In that regard, he would've been better off saying something like, "HGH helps with healing, it wasn't banned at the time, and I had a f'n broken neck, OK?"
There's always Bulgaria.

Offline MetsFan

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • AKA "everybody"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2015, 09:38:12 AM »

Couldn't we say the same thing regarding the injury reports that teams must share with the league and the papers?

I have no idea why the health of some dude's  knees are not considered confidential information between he and his doctor.

I was being sarcastic because that's what Peyton said when he was being interviewed.
There's always Bulgaria.

Offline a guest

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2015, 10:21:50 AM »
He should have just shipped it to Evan Fields.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2015, 08:41:11 AM »

Pro athletes sign a HIPAA release that allow the team to talk publicly about specific injuries occurring on the field and in practice.

Some colleges offer the same release, others do not and limit commentary to"upper body" and "lower body" injuries.

Offline LILHOWDOG

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2016, 06:07:18 AM »
Watch the entire documentary.

http://www.aljazeera.com/investigations/
Seriously buck, you think this is a credible source?  I think theonion is equal in credibility.

Brown people doing news is laughable.

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2016, 03:06:54 PM »
Still waiting for Peyton's lawsuit.
We are the storm.

Offline a guest

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2016, 09:21:40 AM »
So, professional athletes and sports broadcasters (and I assume sports reporters) have the same agents?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/peyton-manning-al-jazeera-espn_568e6d74e4b0cad15e638886?utm_hp_ref=sports&ir=Sports&section=sports

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2016, 12:33:03 PM »
Still waiting for Peyton's lawsuit.
We are the storm.

Offline fsgrecofolk

• World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2016, 12:51:24 PM »
Didn't another athlete just file suit?

Offline a guest

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2016, 10:36:16 AM »
Didn't another athlete just file suit?

Zimmer man and I think Howard are suing.

This will be interesting:

"There are two things that you have to prove to be true in order to win a case of defamation of character in the court of law. First of all, you have to prove without a doubt that what was said or written about you is not true. Once you have proved that the statement is in fact false, you have to prove that the other person said the false statement with the intent of causing you some form of harm."

Law Dictionary: How Do You Prove a Defamation of Character Claim?

http://thelawdictionary.org/article/how-do-you-prove-a-defamation-of-character-claim/

If those claiming that were being defamed must prove the accusations are wrong, does that means they must testify under oath?