Author Topic: Peyton Manning....and many others  (Read 5069 times)

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Peyton Manning....and many others
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2016, 12:37:50 PM »
A lawsuit is a pretty strong move of denial. The players have to go through the legal process, which opens them up to discovery and testimony in a deposition. It would surely be a high-profile suit with lots of information coming to light.

Can't wait, but I guarantee Zimmerman and Howard will slink away before too long.
Christians warned about the Antichrist for years. And when he came, they voted for him.

Offline fsgrecofolk

• World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2016, 03:41:50 PM »
Supposedly the source recanted prior to the story breaking and yet Al Jazerra ran with it anyway.

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2016, 08:04:46 PM »
Ha.  You need to actually watch the hour long expose.  Many, many sources.
Christians warned about the Antichrist for years. And when he came, they voted for him.

Offline a guest

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2016, 12:20:11 PM »
Supposedly the source recanted prior to the story breaking and yet Al Jazerra ran with it anyway.

I think the story went:

Guy: "Yeah, about what I said. Ummm...I actually didn't work at the clinic at that time. Therefore, I recant what I said."

Al Jaz:  "Um, we have proof you worked there during that time."

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2016, 01:35:07 PM »
Buck, you need to get a life.  Between fantasizing about Stoll and how sexy you think he is to watching an hour documentary from Al Jeesleezy on Peyton Manning - YIKES!!!
Several are on "ignore".   I won't argue with the ignorant and disrespectful..
 "People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive" ~ Blaise Pascal

Offline a guest

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2016, 09:30:32 AM »
Buck, you need to get a life.  Between fantasizing about Stoll and how sexy you think he is to watching an hour documentary from Al Jeesleezy on Peyton Manning - YIKES!!!
I admit that I have not watched the doc. However, this was not an "hour documentary on Payton Manning".

This was a project that originally started as an investigation on European sports leagues.  However, the story took the producers to the US - to the anti-aging clinic in Indiana that Ashley Manning was a client of.

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2016, 10:49:11 AM »
The Manning part was maybe 5% of the piece.  Really helps if people watch before commenting.

Offline LILHOWDOG

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2016, 06:41:31 PM »
The Manning part was maybe 5% of the piece.  Really helps if people watch before commenting.

You have to realize that when ctc reads Al Jazeera, he sees the boogeyman.

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2016, 04:24:38 PM »
US Al Jazeera is shutting it's doors and turning off it's cameras anyways.
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2016, 12:24:23 PM »
Still YIKES.  Fantasizing over Stoll and Manning isn't normal.
 "People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive" ~ Blaise Pascal

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2016, 12:26:45 PM »
Hey, something Al Gore did that I like.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2014/08/al-gore-sues-al-jazeera-for-fraud-194016

Offline TobusRex

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2016, 04:59:55 PM »
Watch the entire documentary.

http://www.aljazeera.com/investigations/

I don't watch Muslim propaganda!! Damn "Mountain Hawk".....
Have you got to get rid of all your knowledge and all your common sense to save your soul? - Clarence Darrow

Offline a guest

• I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2016, 11:17:16 AM »
Finally watched it this afternoon.

Seemed like a pretty straight forward piece that is no different than most "athletes use PEDs because the testing hasn't caught up to the doctors/pharmacists/chemists yet" type of stories.

Stuff that did stick out:

1. Although not nearly had headline grabbing, the amount of pain killers that those guys were being prescribed were pretty alarming.

2. It seems that players actively avoid the team doctors now and just go out on their own for medical advice. Even if those places are shady.

3. The Manning piece: It was just a fraction of the doc, but what stood out was that all athletes that were accused of using PEDs, a simple "No Comment" was sufficient.  For Manning, the PR team of the Colts really stood up for the guy. Seemed very "circling the wagons-ish".

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2016, 06:59:45 AM »
Hey, something Al Gore did that I like.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2014/08/al-gore-sues-al-jazeera-for-fraud-194016

The escrow fund in question was established to fund contract disputes with the cable distributors that were carrying the Gore channel.  In fact, those disputes arose with Time Warner, Direct TV and others. Bottom line, advertising vaporized under AJ because followers dropped to under 30,000. So long as Gore drags this out, the only cash available to defend AJ is the escrow fund.  Interesting dilemma for Gore, drop the suit he may get something, continue with it and he likely gets less.