Author Topic: Peyton Manning....and many others  (Read 11486 times)

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
Peyton Manning....and many others
« on: December 27, 2015, 12:18:07 PM »
Watch the entire documentary.

http://www.aljazeera.com/investigations/
We are the storm.

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Peyton Manning....and many others
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2015, 01:31:22 PM »
Guy recanted
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2015, 05:17:58 PM »
You not only didn't watch the entire video , you watched none of it.  I suspect that's fairly typical behavior.
We are the storm.

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2015, 08:51:54 PM »
I just read the bottom line of ESPN as I was setting my fantasy football lineup.  Also as none of the names are on any sports teams I follow, Not worth my team to watch a video of something I don't care about when I can just have ESPN let me know what's what.  not to mention it will be an OTL or a 30 for 30 if it's really worth my time.

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2015, 08:53:34 PM »
and here is the story about him saying it's untrue.
http://www.scout.com/nfl/broncos/story/1626581-manning-s-hgh-accuser-confesses-it-s-untrue

this isn't Bonds & Balco where his buddy went to prison instead of snithching...this guy says what he said in the interview was untrue

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2015, 08:51:01 AM »
Close to 100% of the NFL is doing some sort of PED.
We are the storm.

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
We are the storm.

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2015, 11:29:18 AM »
Watch the entire documentary.

http://www.aljazeera.com/investigations/
Seriously buck, you think this is a credible source?  I think theonion is equal in credibility.
"We can state with conviction, therefore, that a man's support for absolute government is in direct proportion to the contempt he feels for his country" - Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2015, 11:49:35 AM »
If I had to restrict myself to a single television news agency for coverage of the western world, AJ-E would probably be it.  BBC coverage of the US would be second.  Depressingly, Fox News is probably third, since CNN, MSNBC, etc. have given up on carrying news and instead seem to focus on entertainment.
We are the storm.

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2015, 11:59:26 AM »
If I had to restrict myself to a single television news agency for coverage of the western world, AJ-E would probably be it.  BBC coverage of the US would be second.  Depressingly, Fox News is probably third, since CNN, MSNBC, etc. have given up on carrying news and instead seem to focus on entertainment.
Weird when taken into consideration your view on Muslims. ???
"We can state with conviction, therefore, that a man's support for absolute government is in direct proportion to the contempt he feels for his country" - Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2015, 12:08:19 PM »
Even former Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsefeld, who held a hawkish view against Al Jazeera -- in 2004 he called the network's coverage of the Iraq war "vicious, inaccurate and inexcusable" -- softened his stance. "Its audience has grown and it can be an important means of communication in the world, and I am delighted you are doing what you are doing," Rumsfeld told Al Jazeera in a November interview.

Al Jazeera launched its English language channel in 2006 with $1 billion in funding. Last May, Columbia University awarded Al Jazeera Enlish its annual Columbia Journalism Award, recognizing an individual or organization for “singular journalism in the public interest.”

"Al Jazeera English has performed a great service in bringing the English-speaking world in-depth coverage of the turmoil in the Middle East," Columbia Dean Nicholas Lemann said. "We salute its determination to get to the heart of a complicated story unfolding in countries where news has historically been difficult to cover."

Former "Nightline" correspondent David Marash joined Al Jazeera English in 2006. He quit two years later over what he saw as anti-American bias. Today, Marash praises Al Jazeera as "the best news channel on earth" -- better than CNN and BBC "by a country mile."

"Al Jazeera has become the model all around the world, Marash told American Journalism Review. "Video reporting from the field sets them apart and makes them the best."
We are the storm.

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2015, 09:37:25 PM »
Weird when taken into consideration your view on Muslims. ???
Buckaroo, you didn't address my comment.

Good buck, you provided supporters.  Money finds friends.  Here is the negative.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Jazeera_controversies_and_criticism

Offline a guest

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2015, 10:30:10 PM »
Hating on Al Jaz is ridiculous.

I started watching them during the original protests in Cairo during the Arab Spring. There was round the clock coverage in the streets of Cairo. So much so that their reporters were being booted from Egypt.

I used to watch during lunch breaks at work.

One guy came over to turn the station to another news source.  At the exact time Al Jaz was covering the protests, Fox had another story about Charlie Sheen leaving 3 1/2 men and CNN had another "gossip" story about Lindsay Lohan.

There is a reason why the overseas market is leaving US based news sources and switching to Al Jaz: The rest of the world doesn't give a crud about the Kardashian family.

Al Jaz as a new source is pretty good.  Their docs are pretty ham-handed.

Offline a guest

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2015, 10:32:11 PM »
So, to the original point of this thread: Payton Manning.

He states that the HGH was sent to his wife for medical reasons.  What medical reasons are there for a woman in her 30s to need HGH?

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2015, 07:37:05 AM »
Exactly!  Same situation that happened with Roger Clemens who threw his wife under the bus.  Manning is dirty, just listen to him with his denials.  He says he  just MIGHT sue.  I'll guarantee he never does.  He's hired "crisis manager" Ari Fleisher to manage the situation. 

Amazing how the media has rallied around Saint Peyton, much like they did with Lance Armstrong.
We are the storm.