Author Topic: 8th graders on high school teams  (Read 11886 times)

Offline TobusRex

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: 8th graders on high school teams
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2016, 03:23:58 PM »
New York also has, if I recall correctly, a 99-pound weight class, or a mini-mini-me weight class.

Yeah, Dake picked up 5 state titles in "High School".
I believe you have him confused with Nicholson.

I think you are right. My bad. Just checked and saw Dake had 2 HS titles.
Have you got to get rid of all your knowledge and all your common sense to save your soul? - Clarence Darrow

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2016, 04:13:11 PM »
New York also has, if I recall correctly, a 99-pound weight class, or a mini-mini-me weight class.

Yeah, Dake picked up 5 state titles in "High School".
I believe you have him confused with Nicholson.

You mean Nickerson.....

No I mean Jack Nicholson...the actor.. was a 5 time state champ. You can trust me on this.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline SingletSlinger

• World Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2016, 04:27:43 PM »
Bunch of snowflakes run this board, sad how the mods cater to people that support one political party.

Offline MetsFan

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • AKA "everybody"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2016, 10:34:51 AM »

Not sure what the lower classes are now but up until at least 2007 (when my son graduated), NY had 96 and 103 as the two lowest weights.
There's always Bulgaria.

Offline TobusRex

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2016, 10:44:44 AM »
Nicholson a wrestler huh?

Always knew there was something about that guy I didn't like....
Have you got to get rid of all your knowledge and all your common sense to save your soul? - Clarence Darrow

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2016, 10:43:43 PM »

No I mean Jack Nicholson...the actor.. was a 5 time state champ. You can trust me on this.

Nicholson was a lot things growing up in Jersey, but a wrestler was not one of them. 

Little known fact, he and Danny DeVito grew up childhood best buddies.  Their parents owned a business together.  He didn't wrestle either.

Offline LILHOWDOG

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2016, 02:34:08 PM »

Nicholson was a lot things growing up in Jersey, but a wrestler was not one of them. 

Little known fact, he and Danny DeVito grew up childhood best buddies.  Their parents owned a business together.  He didn't wrestle either.

Louie DePalma might be the greatest sitcom character ever.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2016, 03:02:37 PM »

Louie DePalma might be the greatest sitcom character ever.

Maybe not the greatest...

...be he's on the short list that's for sure.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline TobusRex

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2016, 10:10:44 AM »

I find that hard to believe. Nicholson is 7 years older than Devito....what kids hang out with kids 7 years younger than they are?

They grew up in close proximity and knew several of the same people is what I've always heard, not that they were close friends whose families were business associates. That being said I believe they are good friends today and have been since "Cuckoo's Nest".

Offline a guest

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2016, 09:02:33 AM »
Wasn't it DeVito and Bruce Springsteen who were buddies growing up?

Offline MetsFan

• LXP
  • Get a Job
  • AKA "everybody"
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2016, 01:59:31 PM »
Aren't DeVito and Arnold Schwarzenegger twin brothers?
There's always Bulgaria.

Offline NDKnowledge

• OW
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2016, 03:50:54 PM »
Minnesota allows 7th-12th, Mark Hall won his first state title there when he repeated 8th grade (after losing in the Kentucky state finals)

I'm pretty sure Mark Hall repeated the 7th grade. I'm pretty sure he was a Kentucky state runner-up as a 7th grader, then went to AV and won a state title as a 7th grader the next year going on to win titles 5 straight years and could (Will)  become MN's first 6X State Champ this year.

Kentucky allows 7th and up, I think North Dakota does too because wasn't Storley a 6 timer?

Storley was a 6X state champ from Webster, South Dakota. SD and ND both allow 7th/8th graders on varsity. Jordan Shearer was the first ever 6X ND State Champion last year for West Fargo, ND.

Offline FalconWrestlingKY

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2016, 05:13:07 PM »
Minnesota allows 7th-12th, Mark Hall won his first state title there when he repeated 8th grade (after losing in the Kentucky state finals)

I'm pretty sure Mark Hall repeated the 7th grade. I'm pretty sure he was a Kentucky state runner-up as a 7th grader, then went to AV and won a state title as a 7th grader the next year going on to win titles 5 straight years and could (Will)  become MN's first 6X State Champ this year.

Kentucky allows 7th and up, I think North Dakota does too because wasn't Storley a 6 timer?

Storley was a 6X state champ from Webster, South Dakota. SD and ND both allow 7th/8th graders on varsity. Jordan Shearer was the first ever 6X ND State Champion last year for West Fargo, ND.

Yes you're right on Mark Hall being a runner up as a 7th grader not an 8th grader, weird that I would mess that up considering I remember watching him. Fun fact, the guy who beat me to go to state that year had Mark Hall in the first round. So if I hadn't decided to stop wrestling after getting my face busted open I would've wrestled Mark Hall haha
Topics Falcon doesn't know anything about- Cars, Binary, Accounting, and 13th Century Polish Literature

Offline TobusRex

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2016, 05:45:06 PM »
Aren't DeVito and Arnold Schwarzenegger twin brothers?

Gay lovers. It's a big Hollywood secret (don't tell anybody!).

Offline fsgrecofolk

• World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2016, 06:19:22 PM »
Seven years of HS wrestling eligibility?  Something is wrong with that picture.