Author Topic: kyle snyder is back  (Read 27770 times)

Offline LILHOWDOG

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: kyle snyder is back
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2016, 08:43:38 PM »
I still say he doesn't place.  I'll be at Nationals so I'll buy everyone a hotdog if I'm wrong ( limited offer:  20)

Don't they call them franks in NYC? or red hots?

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2016, 09:17:54 PM »
Nope, plain old hot dog in NY.  New York owns the "hot dog".  Frankfurters or "franks" are German sausages but not sold in a bun.

Harry M. Stevens, the stadium concessionaire sold sausages on rolls at the old New York Polo Grounds in the winter during NY Giant football games. He called them "Dachshund sandwiches" because the shape looked like the dog. A New York Post cartoonist couldn't spell dachshund, so when he drew a cartoon, he called them "hot dogs".  They became so popular at the football games, he started selling them year round and at the NY Giant baseball games.

You'll find "red hots" in North Carolina.  They have a unique unnatural casing that makes them distinctively red.

FYI, worst regional dog... In Seattle, hot dogs are served with cream cheese and grilled onions on a toasted bun.  Make sure you ask before you buy in Seattle.  One bite and you'll toss it with disappointment.

Offline LILHOWDOG

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2016, 09:44:15 PM »
Nope, plain old hot dog in NY.  New York owns the "hot dog".  Frankfurters or "franks" are German sausages but not sold in a bun.

Harry M. Stevens, the stadium concessionaire sold sausages on rolls at the old New York Polo Grounds in the winter during NY Giant football games. He called them "Dachshund sandwiches" because the shape looked like the dog. A New York Post cartoonist couldn't spell dachshund, so when he drew a cartoon, he called them "hot dogs".  They became so popular at the football games, he started selling them year round and at the NY Giant baseball games.

You'll find "red hots" in North Carolina.  They have a unique unnatural casing that makes them distinctively red.

FYI, worst regional dog... In Seattle, hot dogs are served with cream cheese and grilled onions on a toasted bun.  Make sure you ask before you buy in Seattle.  One bite and you'll toss it with disappointment.

Nice info.  Cream Cheese is usually good on anything but it doesnt sound right for a dog.  Chicago dogs have chopped onions among about 5 other items on it.

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2016, 08:10:55 AM »
It's really quite a gesture on my part.  Dogs at MSG are a minimum $10/each.  Hoping for an early couple of upsets.
We are the storm.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2016, 08:27:18 AM »
It's really quite a gesture on my part.  Dogs at MSG are a minimum $10/each.  Hoping for an early couple of upsets.

$10 beers too.  Noshing can easily set you back more than the price of the seat for the session.

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2016, 09:18:28 AM »
Not sure if beers will be allowed?
We are the storm.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2016, 10:17:02 AM »
I still say he doesn't place.  I'll be at Nationals so I'll buy everyone a hotdog if I'm wrong ( limited offer:  20)
What about that sig bet?
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2016, 10:20:39 AM »
Sure, what do you propose?
We are the storm.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2016, 10:24:53 AM »
Sure, what do you propose?

Well this is kinda like taking candy from a baby... but I love candy.

If Snyder places in the top 8 at this year's NCAA I win, if not you win.

Two weeks ownership of the other's sig line is the prize.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2016, 10:31:37 AM »
Seems fair. 
We are the storm.

Offline Gantry

• National Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 22, 2016, 12:04:58 PM »
Not sure if beers will be allowed?

They won't, was pretty fun to have them at the Worlds.  Beer and wrestling is quite fun...  well, so is beer and anything.

It's OK, I can only eat 13 or 14 hot dogs before I get sleepy. 

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2016, 12:09:53 PM »
I wonder if Joey Chestnut is a wrestling fan
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline fsgrecofolk

• World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2016, 02:04:34 PM »
I worked for Sigman meat one summer in college.  We would set aside some from the morning run of hotdogs, brats, and polish and put them in the smokehouse so they would be ready at lunch.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2016, 02:09:22 PM »
Someone donated a whole pig to be smoked for my son's wrestling banquet one year and I got to help carve it up. Talk about a labor of love! I was stuffed to the gills before the dinner was even served!

Offline LILHOWDOG

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2016, 02:31:40 PM »
Someone donated a whole pig to be smoked for my son's wrestling banquet one year and I got to help carve it up. Talk about a labor of love! I was stuffed to the gills before the dinner was even served!

A buddy and I did the same for a class reunion.  Probably ate 3 pounds before the event.