Author Topic: kyle snyder is back  (Read 27772 times)

Offline FalconWrestlingKY

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: kyle snyder is back
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2016, 02:08:28 PM »
I personally don't doubt Snyder will succeed at heavyweight, I don't think he will win it but he will succeed.

But this move was made solely because Ohio State thinks they can win the national title with him, same reason Bo dropped to 165 even though he won't beat Dieringer. Really I think even with those changes Ohio State doesn't win a national title, they're really just hurting their top level goals for an unrealistic short term goal
Topics Falcon doesn't know anything about- Cars, Binary, Accounting, and 13th Century Polish Literature

Offline TobusRex

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2016, 02:19:09 PM »
I don't think it's a good move by Ryan, if that is his thinking Falcon. What about all the points they are giving up at 197? Who is going to fill that?

This isn't OSU's year. No way they beat Iowa or PSU even if Snyder somehow pins his way through NCAAs (which wouldn't happen anyway).
Have you got to get rid of all your knowledge and all your common sense to save your soul? - Clarence Darrow

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2016, 05:11:13 PM »
I don't think it's a good move by Ryan, if that is his thinking Falcon. What about all the points they are giving up at 197? Who is going to fill that?

This isn't OSU's year. No way they beat Iowa or PSU even if Snyder somehow pins his way through NCAAs (which wouldn't happen anyway).

What other explanation is there for making Bo leave a weight he could win for one he won't and for making Snyder give up his Olympic redshirt?

I'm with you, I think it's a terrible and delusional move but Ryan seems to think they can pull it off
Topics Falcon doesn't know anything about- Cars, Binary, Accounting, and 13th Century Polish Literature

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2016, 06:43:16 PM »
Jordan was sucked out last year.   He's sucking muscle mass which is of no benefit.  No way he would be effective come March.  He'll be a force come March at 174.

Offline Jointdoc55

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
  • Loyalty, integrity & strength through brotherhood
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2016, 09:10:47 PM »
Tom Ryan continues to function under the delusion he can win another title this year
Yea. The same delusion he had last year.

Offline Jointdoc55

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2016, 09:20:05 PM »
Snyder won't place, about the dumbest decision that a kid could make.  Waste of a year.

This looks like a strong trolling effort, but I'll bite.

He wrestles with Tervel in the room all the time.  I'm sure they wouldn't make this move if they didn't think he could win it.  Gwiz is incredible. But not the wrestler Gadisov is,  I would pick Gadisov in a match up there.  I would still say Gwiz is the favorite but Snyder is a world champ at the hardest weight class in the world. He can win heavyweight at Ncaas.  I don't think Coons girth will factor it when Snyder is finishing a low ankle shot.

This is the key. I think he finishes top 3, and probably #1.

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2016, 09:50:06 PM »
Sigbet!!!
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2016, 10:13:39 PM »
Sigbet!!!

I'd sigbet on Ohio State's title chances

Offline Jointdoc55

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2016, 08:13:28 AM »
Sigbet!!!
Sigbet: I say Snyder finishes top 3 if he goes at heavyweight.

Offline MC2

• Junior Varsity
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2016, 08:38:47 AM »
After watching Synder win worlds, I'm not betting against him.  This is not saying he wins NCAA's, however, to be in attendance and watch his will to win Worlds is a true testament of this kid's character, the kid surprised us at worlds, lets all just watch and see what happens. 
"It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.”

Offline TobusRex

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2016, 10:09:01 AM »
After watching Synder win worlds, I'm not betting against him.  This is not saying he wins NCAA's, however, to be in attendance and watch his will to win Worlds is a true testament of this kid's character, the kid surprised us at worlds, lets all just watch and see what happens.

He's an amazing wrestler, but it takes more than amazing to overcome strength/weight differences. I can't imagine Snyder hanging against a big, strong heavy. It takes a lot of technique to overcome a strength advantage. I could see Snyder beating Gwiz, but I can't see him beating a rock like Coon. I think against smaller heavies that Snyder will do quite well but the big boys....well, Snyder may be in for a rude surprise. One thing is for sure....he probably won't be outquicked by anybody. Not that it will help much when Coon ties up with him, lol.
Have you got to get rid of all your knowledge and all your common sense to save your soul? - Clarence Darrow

Offline Brew

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2016, 10:21:30 AM »
One thing to keep in mind he has been having countless two minute goes with Coon at the otc for quite awhile...I imagine he knows what he is dealing with.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Offline ronsnap

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2016, 10:43:18 AM »
I think Snyder is strong enough and agile enough to be competitive.  I think he'll be a Zabriskie type only a better wrestler.  If he doesn't get hurt I think this only helps his training.  Hope he stays healthy.
"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12-4-09

Proud member of the UNI Faithful 100!  Through thick and thin!

Offline TobusRex

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2016, 11:08:58 AM »
One thing to keep in mind he has been having countless two minute goes with Coon at the otc for quite awhile...I imagine he knows what he is dealing with.

Good point. Still...the difference in freestyle and collegiate is pretty significant at heavy. One of those periods Snyder is going to be on bottom. Maybe being fast will be enough to get out, if not he's going to find it an unpleasant experience.

Offline Brew

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2016, 05:37:00 PM »
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?