Author Topic: kyle snyder is back  (Read 27786 times)

Offline TobusRex

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: kyle snyder is back
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2016, 06:50:50 PM »
Thanks Brew.  I enjoyed it. I hope Snyder thrives at heavyweight. Nice to see a guy not sucking down to make a weight.
Have you got to get rid of all your knowledge and all your common sense to save your soul? - Clarence Darrow

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2016, 07:05:59 PM »
If you have interest in this thread you should read this...
http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-wrestling/2015/12/65720/kyle-snyder-forgoes-olympic-redshirt-for-a-run-at-ncaa-title

"He will return for Ohio State's Feb. 5 dual meet at No. 1 Penn State, traveling to compete in a pair of international competitions prior to that."

He'll weigh in and PSU will forfeit rather than expose Johnson to embarrassment.

Offline fsgrecofolk

• World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2016, 10:02:34 PM »
He is going to go in the B1G with only a couple matches.  I think Ray Brinzer entered with a 0-0 record once.

Offline Gantry

• National Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2016, 10:23:17 PM »
Should be VERY interesting, especially if Hunter comes back

Offline Gantry

• National Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2016, 10:26:45 PM »
...I should say at full strength

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2016, 06:58:57 AM »
He is going to go in the B1G with only a couple matches.  I think Ray Brinzer entered with a 0-0 record once.

Nope, Penn State, tournament travel, according to Snyder.  Then B1Gs with likely a 1-0 forfeit.  Should make for an interesting seeding for the tournament committee.

Offline TobusRex

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2016, 08:56:31 AM »
Should be VERY interesting, especially if Hunter comes back

Hope so for selfish reasons (I picked him on my preseason team) and non-selfish (hate to see a kid wash out because of injuries). Hope when he does come back he'll be full strength, or at least able to go out on a high note and AA again.
Have you got to get rid of all your knowledge and all your common sense to save your soul? - Clarence Darrow

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2016, 02:01:10 PM »
Snyder won't place, about the dumbest decision that a kid could make.  Waste of a year.
Speaking of sigbets... what about this one?
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline Brew

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2016, 03:52:44 PM »
Someone should sigbet buck on his belief that Riddick will win a national championship....full disclosure Riddick went 0-2 at the southern scuffle.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Offline Jointdoc55

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
  • Loyalty, integrity & strength through brotherhood
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2016, 12:20:32 PM »
If you have interest in this thread you should read this...
http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-wrestling/2015/12/65720/kyle-snyder-forgoes-olympic-redshirt-for-a-run-at-ncaa-title
Thanks for the link. I thought it was a very good interview. Of course it remains to be seen how it will work out. If I'm predicting, I say Snyder will be top 3 in Hwt. I will not say it's a guarantee. It seems like several on here are pretty clear in saying that "there is no way he succeeds". I think it is a mistake to fall on one's sword like that.

I proposed a sigbet a few days ago, and no one has taken me up on it. I will toss it out there again:

Sigbet: If Kyle Snyder wrestles heavyweight at the NCAAs he finishes top 3.

Offline TobusRex

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2016, 04:59:24 PM »
I think top 3 is definitely within his range. I just worry that he'll get hurt against the bigger guys. I guess he's been wrestling Tervel and Coon in practice a lot so he knows what he's doing.

Even if he was guaranteed a national championship this year at 197 it would be pretty stupid to pull down, so I get Snyder's decision. He's already a World Champ, why wreck his weight control to pull down for college? I guess we college fans are just a bit....greedy. 

Offline Jointdoc55

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
  • Loyalty, integrity & strength through brotherhood
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2016, 09:08:26 AM »
Snyder made an early return to the tOSU line for the Nebraska match on January 17th. He won a 20-9 major decision over Nebraska's Colin Jensen, ranked #17 at the time. He looked big enough to be competitive at Hwt. To me he looked a bit gassed in the 1st period, but then found his pace and rolled to the win.

Offline TobusRex

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2016, 03:02:24 PM »
Snyder won't place, about the dumbest decision that a kid could make.  Waste of a year.

He might not take a sigbet but I will.

I bet Snyder will not win the HWT title at NCAAs this year. You taking the bet?

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2016, 04:54:11 PM »

He might not take a sigbet but I will.

I bet Snyder will not win the HWT title at NCAAs this year. You taking the bet?
Buck was asserting he wouldnt place not that he wouldnt win.

Thats the sig bet. Thats the one Im offering.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2016, 06:39:51 PM »
I still say he doesn't place.  I'll be at Nationals so I'll buy everyone a hotdog if I'm wrong ( limited offer:  20)
We are the storm.