Author Topic: Marsteller done  (Read 18322 times)

Offline Rockhard

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theowf.net
Re: Marsteller done
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2016, 05:42:40 PM »
He tweeted that wrestling no longer needed him. However the tweet has been deleted.
"Really? Well please tell your father-in-law that he is a freaking idiot."

Offline TobusRex

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2016, 06:36:57 PM »
He tweeted that wrestling no longer needed him. However the tweet has been deleted.

Wow, what an ego. The only guy I can think that wrestling needed was Gable (and that as a coach, not wrestler).

Have you got to get rid of all your knowledge and all your common sense to save your soul? - Clarence Darrow

Offline OkieSpladle

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2016, 07:11:28 PM »
I saw on another board a poster who is usually right on these sorts of things said that Chance was at practice the day after the tweet.  We've all reacted in the moment and said some things we later regretted.  The fact that you can now do so in front of the entire world is a complicating factor, but he may stay put and try a more natural weight next year.  Whatever he decides to do, I just hope he gets himself sorted out.  Whether that is continuing with wrestling anywhere or not doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

Offline TobusRex

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2016, 10:27:37 AM »
I saw on another board a poster who is usually right on these sorts of things said that Chance was at practice the day after the tweet.  We've all reacted in the moment and said some things we later regretted.  The fact that you can now do so in front of the entire world is a complicating factor, but he may stay put and try a more natural weight next year.  Whatever he decides to do, I just hope he gets himself sorted out.  Whether that is continuing with wrestling anywhere or not doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

Definitely. Young folks are prone to shoot their mouths off and say stupid shit. Old folks too, lol.

I hope he sticks with wrestling. That's his gift. He needs to get healthy first, forget the weight cutting nonsense, and get strong again. That's what made him special.
Have you got to get rid of all your knowledge and all your common sense to save your soul? - Clarence Darrow

Offline jammen

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2016, 10:42:28 AM »
Rock is the only one making any sense in this thread.
Tax the churches.

Offline TobusRex

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2016, 10:54:33 AM »
Rock is the only one making any sense in this thread.

Are you nuts? Rock has been a veritable font of misinformation on the Chance issue. First off he said he was kicked off the team. Then he claimed there were drug problems.

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2016, 11:45:57 AM »
[/quote

remember when Coach started locking the door so no one could storm out of practice any more when we got pissed off and wanted to quit?
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline OkieSpladle

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2016, 11:51:14 AM »
[/quote

remember when Coach started locking the door so no one could storm out of practice any more when we got pissed off and wanted to quit?

I do.  I can only imagine the kind of crap that team would have put up on twitter.  We would have had even more guys arrested! 

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2016, 12:53:50 PM »
Dear Lord that would have been one call into the dean's office after another. Or at least even more often.
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2016, 12:58:29 PM »
Oh man I just can't imagine how wild and crazy you must of been.  Probably drank all sorts of beer and maybe even pissed outside.
We are the storm.

Offline OkieSpladle

• LXP
  • I Need More Hobbies
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2016, 01:27:54 PM »
Not so much us, but an NAIA team with a coach willing to give second (and third) chances ends up with some less than savory characters.  It makes for some interesting times.

Offline FalconWrestlingKY

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2016, 01:28:59 PM »
Not so much us, but an NAIA team with a coach willing to give second (and third) chances ends up with some less than savory characters.  It makes for some interesting times.

We had some of those at JCU, my sophomore year was bad. We had one guy drink a title shot away and he never really recovered.
Topics Falcon doesn't know anything about- Cars, Binary, Accounting, and 13th Century Polish Literature

Offline TobusRex

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2016, 02:41:48 PM »

Sigbet....Andrew Long techs or pins his way to a National Title this year. Any takers?

Offline fsgrecofolk

• World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2016, 02:46:21 PM »
I wouldn't take that bet.  He would be a DI threat.

Offline TobusRex

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 14, 2016, 03:21:05 PM »
I wouldn't take that bet.  He would be a DI threat.

He'd roll D1 too.