Author Topic: Powerball Jackpot  (Read 3257 times)

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
Powerball Jackpot
« on: January 13, 2016, 02:15:59 PM »
You have just won the Powerball Jackpot from tonight...after tax you are left with $561 million (sorry you took the lumpsum instead of the 30 year payout).  What are you going to do with it?  Besides start voting Republican I mean (Kidding don't make this political!!)

I'd fund High Cash Value life insurance for Lagatha, Jessica, and I.  That way even if the Lottery "Curse" kicks in we'll still be able to take tax free loans against the death benefit that will provide us with adequate income in the future.
Bills?  What Bills?!?!?  I have a large immediate family and they'd all be getting reset to $0 owed.  $1 million to each sibling, parent, and nephew/niece.  I mean that's only like another $20 million.  Of course for the minors there would be some trust work done.
Buy land in the Black Hills and build our house.

Hell who am I kidding.  Hookers and Blow baby!!!!!

Honestly I wouldn't come forward until the next to last day and I'd remain anonymous. 
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline TobusRex

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Powerball Jackpot
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 02:34:45 PM »
Hmmmm. I'd probably give my mom and dad a million. I'd distribute smaller amounts ($50,000) to relatives I like and tell the others to piss off. There are about 5 people that would get money out of me. Pay off the rest of the bills (don't have many), then I'd move someplace nice and secluded, preferably in the mountains somewhere.
Have you got to get rid of all your knowledge and all your common sense to save your soul? - Clarence Darrow

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 03:17:25 PM »
Plan A
Vaca houses in Jackson Wy and maybe Hawaii or some other tropical paradise.  I think I heard someplace that there are airlines that you can buy anytime anywhere passes good for life, if so, I'd get two of those.  Then I'd build a nice 2 story wrestling facility with a dorm and showers, give it a small endowment to pay the bills and insurance then put it all in a trust with a board of directors and then walk away.  Buy a few toys, then spend the rest of my life giving the rest of it away.

Plan B
Sit down with the Koch Brothers, Boone Pickens and a few other filthy rich right wingers and plot a corporate takeover of CBS and its parent company. Then laugh my ass off as liberaldom goes into mass apoplexy as they realize they now have lost their monopoly on the networks.  ;D
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline fsgrecofolk

• World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 03:40:43 PM »
I would stay as anonymous as possible, hire an attorney and cpa but no commissioned advisors and probably place the money in guaranteed accounts.  Screw the market, I don't trust wall street.

Offline Bob H.

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2016, 04:00:02 PM »
Fund wrestling programs at the University of Florida and USF.  Identify charities I want to help.  Give money to a handful of friends and relatives.  Buy the usual toys (fancy cars and houses, ridiculous stereo and home theatre, etc.), travel and enjoy the good life, while trying to stay as anonymous as possible.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2016, 09:02:11 PM »

Honestly I wouldn't come forward until the next to last day and I'd remain anonymous.

Just think of the investment value you just let out the back door because of your inaction.

Hmmmm. I'd probably give my mom and dad a million.

$600,000,000 (more likely $900,000,000).......you really are cheap SOB

Offline fsgrecofolk

• World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2016, 09:20:17 PM »
I am not market savvy, and I have no idea who I could trust to help manage an obscene amount on that level.

Offline acguns

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2016, 09:30:34 PM »
Hit a pizza place in the Moline area and have a relatively large party.

Then do whatever the hell I wanted to do.
There are people I would take a bullet for and others that I would like to put a bullet in.

Offline TobusRex

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2016, 05:53:21 PM »

Just think of the investment value you just let out the back door because of your inaction.

Hmmmm. I'd probably give my mom and dad a million.

$600,000,000 (more likely $900,000,000).......you really are cheap SOB

Hey...they are in their upper 80s. They don't have enough time to spend over a million.

On the other hand...I AM a cheap SOB.
Have you got to get rid of all your knowledge and all your common sense to save your soul? - Clarence Darrow

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2016, 07:47:37 AM »
I would give it all to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
We are the storm.

Offline fsgrecofolk

• World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2016, 11:18:12 AM »
Three new winners that had their lives changed and possibly ruined forever.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2016, 02:09:22 PM »
I would give it all to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

All??
I'm skeptical.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline Cruocified

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2016, 03:48:18 PM »
I have terrible people in my family that would expect money just for being related to me, so I'd just give my parents a very large amount of money and tell the rest of the family that if they want a piece then go through them.  Let them decide who is worthy.

For myself, I'd just do whatever I feel like doing forever, so whatever that may be at any particular moment.

When's the drawing?
I am the way, the truth, and the life.

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2016, 01:15:55 PM »
All??
I'm skeptical.

- That's fair.  However, my son was a patient at Seattle Children's and has since gone on to live a meaningful life.
We are the storm.