Author Topic: Tsirtsis/Retherford  (Read 2691 times)

Offline Bozak

• State Champ
    • View Profile
Tsirtsis/Retherford
« on: January 18, 2016, 02:31:09 PM »
Retherford majors Tsirtsis 15-5.  Haven't seen the match.  Can anybody who did see it provide a synopsis? 

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Tsirtsis/Retherford
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 02:57:05 PM »
Northwestern provided the feed for free.  Anyway it was ugly, Retherford conducted a TD clinic and just bullied the poor kid.  Northwestern is an utter disaster.
We are the storm.

Offline goStanford18

• Redshirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 02:57:50 PM »
Didn't get to see it. I think the word on the street is that once Zain got the first takedown, T-shirt appeared to have given up. The match was all Zain. Not sure if the result is indicative of Zain's dominance, T-shirt's extremely rough year, or a mixture of both. Some others are also saying T-shirt may have outgrown 149. Take these statements with a grain of salt.

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2016, 03:21:04 PM »
Tshirts med out a match just the other night, something to keep in mind
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline Cruocified

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2016, 06:37:16 PM »
His last match was against Sorensen a week ago, and he had to quit due to an elbow injury during the 2nd period.  He wanted to give it a go against Retherford for the fans, but he obviously wasn't ready.
I am the way, the truth, and the life.

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2016, 07:33:16 AM »
Retherford is on a different plane right now. Unfortunately we'll have to wait until B1G's for the collision with Sorenson.  He's always been a top notch rider, but his attitude and technique for takedowns has moved off the scale the year.

Offline ctc

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2016, 11:50:59 AM »
Retherford is on a different plane right now. Unfortunately we'll have to wait until B1G's for the collision with Sorenson.  He's always been a top notch rider, but his attitude and technique for takedowns has moved off the scale the year.
Iowa has a sorry dual meet schedule this year.  Good thing they arranged for OSU to come by.
"We can state with conviction, therefore, that a man's support for absolute government is in direct proportion to the contempt he feels for his country" - Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline TobusRex

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2016, 12:44:09 PM »
Haven't seen Tsirtsis wrestle this year but I hear the new nearfall rule is murdering his "stall my ass off" style.
Have you got to get rid of all your knowledge and all your common sense to save your soul? - Clarence Darrow

Offline RYou

• Get a Job
  • 3 out of 4 voices in my head want to sleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2016, 08:57:06 PM »
Iowa has a sorry dual meet schedule this year.  Good thing they arranged for OSU to come by.

Yeah, a bit of an interesting schedule across B1G this year....very few meetings between the top half of the standings.