Author Topic: Amateur trying to develop his own snake anti-e  (Read 2347 times)

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline buck

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
Re: Amateur trying to develop his own snake anti-e
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 07:57:56 AM »
Wow!  Thanks for posting that. 8)
We are the storm.

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 10:21:06 AM »
This guy probably isnt dealing with a full deck, but does that mean all of this has no scientific relevance at all?
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all that want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics" -Thomas Sowell

Offline brycemus

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 11:37:24 AM »
this is kind of insane.  I mean at a certain point you can't receive any more antivenom right?  So he is just letting snakes bite him to build up an immunity as opposed to an anti venom.  I hate snakes.  Like I am scream like a little girl hater of snakes.  I've empty'd my shotgun on a garter snake while rabbit hunting in panic like scared of them.
Corey Clark: 2016-2017 Hawkeye Hammer

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2016, 01:22:55 PM »
He let two of the worlds deadliest snakes bite him.  Now Im wondering it those snakes had just been milked. But clearly there was a reaction. Seems to me that someone with some expertise in this matter needs to be investigating all this.

Offline mspart

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2016, 03:08:18 PM »
Sounds to me like someone trying to win the Darwin Awards.

mspart

Offline ViseGrip

• LXP
  • Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2016, 05:20:57 PM »
Sounds to me like someone trying to win the Darwin Awards.

mspart

LOL.... well evidently he's gonna have to find some other way to do himself in besides snakes, cause now he's immune.

Offline fsgrecofolk

• World Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2016, 06:05:41 PM »
It doesn't pass the initial smell test.  Research would be better served if he allowed his blood to be tested in a controlled environment.  People should not be allowed to have exotic venomous snakes anyway.

Offline TobusRex

• Get a Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2016, 11:39:58 PM »
He let two of the worlds deadliest snakes bite him.  Now Im wondering it those snakes had just been milked. But clearly there was a reaction. Seems to me that someone with some expertise in this matter needs to be investigating all this.

You should read about Bill Haast.  He was doing that stuff years ago. Lived to 90+ and looked 20 years younger than he was. Was remarkably spry up till his death and they think it had something to do with all the antivenin he took over the years, plus all the venom he accidentally was exposed to through bites.

In an interview Haast said that he was bitten by a Green Mamba which he hadn't prepared for with antivenin shots and it almost killed him despite his immunity to almost every snake venom. He said he was paralyzed and couldn't move for days and when the nurse would move the sheet it felt like sandpaper rubbing the skin off.

Sounds like fun, huh?
Have you got to get rid of all your knowledge and all your common sense to save your soul? - Clarence Darrow